Scene 1

Let Me Know?

 

You took a sip of your milk as you watched the hairdresser styling yours. You dyed your hair back to black to match the music video concept, so does V. Talking about V, you have always interested to an Asian man with their natural hair which is black. And upon hearing that both of you’ll have to dye your hair back to black, you couldn’t be more excited.

“Should I get a haircut?”, you asked to yourself, looking at the mirror. You fixed your bangs and paid attention to your long wavy black hair.

“Not now”, V said and you looked at him from the mirror. “Unless the company told you to do so, or you’re already uncomfortable with it”, he yawned.

“Is that so….?”, you looked at the mirror again and suddenly remembered, “Oh? You’re awake?”.

“Mmm”, he mumbled but he still closing his eyes.

“Want a milk?”, you offered.

He opened his eyes and moved to the chair next to you.

“But there’s no glass…”, you said looking at your bottle.

“Actually it’s okay for me to drink from your bottle”, he shrugged. “If you don’t mind”.

“I don’t”, you said as you gave it to him. “I thought you were”.

He gulped down the milk and his lips, “But when you cut your hair make sure that it’s not above your shoulder. You looked better with a long hair”.

You were taken aback, he seriously think about it? You thought. Even I don’t think about it that much..

“Black hair suites you better”, he continue. “I like what I’m seeing right now, and I’m sure that many people are agree with me”.

What did he just said….? You were shocked. He likes what he….

What did I just said….? V asked to himself, shocked at his own words. He cleared his throat.

“I mean it’s an advice from me….as a fellow Idol”, he looked away, scratching his head.

You just sat silently, don’t really know what to say. When you opened your mouth to say whatever comes out, the only thing you could say was “ I want french fries”.

“Mwo?”, V turned to you, raising his eyebrows.

You were about to reply him when the coordi noona came, telling us to get ready as the shooting will begin a minute. You gulped your milk again before tossing the bottle to the garbage.

 

***

 

“We’re going to shoot the flashback first”, the director said.

There are three clothes even for the flashback, two for happy moments and one for sad moment. You called it a fighting suit, and V just laughed back then. Happy moments is when you and V still in the relationship doing sweet and fun things together. It’s typical like other MV and the sad moment is when you two fighting and broke up. The scenario said that you two barely have time for each other and busy making your own dreams come true and finally forgetting each other.

“Alright, change your clothes”, the director said.

Both you and V change your clothes. It’s for scene 1, where the MV started. The director said that it’ll take 3 days to shoot all the scenes and you’ll do it in order. You change to a striped t-shirt, jeans short pants, and a mint blazer. You’ll act to be a part-timer in a stall down you and V apartment. You two live in the same apartment, but different room. V changed to a white sweater and a chino pants.

“Ready? Take one, and action!”, the director said.

The MV will started as the song started. Scene 1, V was sitting in his apartment, restless. He checked at  his phone and showed that there were no chats or texts. He put it back on the table as it rang, he picked it immediately only to find that it was a chat from BTS official account. He sighs and threw it to the sofa and he stood up. Walking towards the window and slowly parting the curtains to look at you down the road.

“CUT! Great, now let’s move on to Youngji-sshi”, said the director.

Your part begins as Suhyun sings her part of the song. You gave your apron to the stall owner and smiled. Signaling that you working hour has end for that day. You sat on the chair that was meant for the stall’s visitor. You checked your phone and it was a photo of you and V. You recalled in your mind when the director told you two take a selca with V for the wallpaper, of course it’s for the need of the filming. You two were still awkward but ended up taking dozens of selca until you get the good one. You both laughed it of and V asked if you could send few of them. Since that time you and V grew closer.

That little daydreaming of yours didn’t mess up the filming as you continue to act without your mind to interfere. You looked up to V’s window and noticed that the curtain was moving, so you squinted your eyes, but it stopped. You sighed.

“CUT! Now let’s move to V and the hallway”, the director said.

The scene is where the chorus being sung. V, who was laying down the coach suddenly has the idea to approach you. He rushed to take his jacket, wearing it and walked fast to the door. When he reached the knob, he stopped.

You were walking on the hallway when suddenly stopped at V’s door, looking at it, the same time as V hold the door knob. The two of you remain like that, the scene will be shooting V and you alternately until V slowly pulled his hand from the knob and though about things for a moment before finally turned back to his living room. At the same time on the MV, as V turned back, you turned away from the door and started to walk towards you room.

Still on the chorus, the screen will be parted into two where shows you and V both laying on eachothers bed with the blanket on. V was facing the camera and you were facing the ceiling. You two turned the position, and now V was facing the ceiling and you to the camera. You both sighed at the same time and closed your eyes.

It takes a few cuts for that scene when hilariously there’s a time either V or you will literally sleep. The director kept it to show it on the film making, without you and V knowing.

You both just so tired, luckily for you two, that was the last for scene 1 and the shooting will continue tomorrow. You rushed to the bathroom to change and remove your make up. Hilariously, you are changing to your pajama. V and the crew laughed and ask why.

“I’m so sleepy today, since morning and I was planning to do this. Since I know that the filming will be up until late, I planned to rushed to change into my sleepwear so I can sleep immediately on the van, and then move to my room without have to clean up everything again”, you yawned.

V laughed at how cute you are. He smiled to himself because he felt this strange warm feeling upon seeing you like that. You were so comfortable with your bare face. You were famous with natural beauty and bare-faced-dol.

“Ok then see you all tomorrow”, you said. “Thank you for today and the hard work”, you bowd.

You walked to your van without thinking anything beside of sleeping. You don’t pay attention on everything including V who stared at your back, smiling, grinning to himself like a fool.

 

 

***