Chapter 4

New To Dating

"Maybe this is a bad idea: going out and meeting your friends," Bomi begins. "I'm not good at meeting new people. I'm socially awkward and I speak too much when I'm nervous."

 
"Nonsense," Kyungsoo replies confidently, taking her hand into his and giving it a little squeeze for reassurance. They're walking up the driveway of the Park's residence, towards the front door that blocks whoever is inside from seeing the utter meltdown that Bomi is having. "They'll love you right off the batーnot as much as me of course, but you get the idea. Besides, you already met Chanyeol and Jongin."
 
Bomi comes to a halt, stopping right in front of the door. She quiets down for a moment and simply stares at Kyungsoo. They're having a conversation with worried eyes and tilted heads which indicates how much they understand one another up to this point of their relationship. Kyungsoo sees that she's on the verge of breaking down once again, so he tries his last resort.
 
"It would mean a lot to me if you meet them," he says slowly, making sure to emphasize every single word. There's a pout that lingers on his lips for approximately 2.45 seconds before Bomi gives in. She could never say no to his perfectly heart-shaped lips, especially when they're swooping down on her for a quick thank-you kiss. 
 
With a knock, Chanyeol is quick to open the door and greet the couple in. They're having a little get-together that consists of hanging out in Chanyeol's living room and moving on to the dining room for dinner later on. Bomi in a breath when she notices the high ceilings and lovely decor, and she immediately comes to the conclusion that the Park's are loaded.
 
They're only the second couple to arriveーis that what they are now, a couple?ーright after Jongin and Naeun. Kyungsoo never mentioned to Bomi that this little get-together was more along the lines of not only meeting his friends, but their significant others as well and she starts to feel hot under the receiving light.
 
"Nervous?" Kyungsoo asks as they make their way to the living room.
 
"Is it obvious?" Bomi answers, looking down at her feet.
 
"Don't be," he reassures her. "They're just my friends."
 
All of Kyungsoo's friends starts pouring in one after the other, alongside their date for the evening. Bomi notices them all from school, seeing them from either class or around campus. There's Oh Hayoung that's in her English class on M/W, walking alongside her date Sehun. She sees Jung Eunji, an old friend from high school, with her long term boyfriend, Baekhyun. Joonmyeon, Chorong's high school sweet heart, has arrived fashionably late with flowers in his hand to surprise his beautiful girlfriend. And then there's Namjoo, who enters in shortly after Joonmyeom, shouting out the words, "Thanks for waiting for me, cousin," which is immediately followed by a "Don't rat me out by telling my mom unless you're fine walking your home."
 
They're all gathered in the living room, engaging in conversation that are anything far from the topic of school. It's not until 3 minutes and 52 seconds in he notices a quiet Bomi right beside her, which is far from her usual self, and Kyungsoo begins to worry.
 
But all his worries escalates in an instance when he sees Jongin directing the group conversation towards Bomiーsomething about Christmas, and how she's hoping to spend it this year? Kyungsoo doesn't know, all he can think about is how Bomi's face is expressionless, unable to decode her inner feelings. He sees her take one long, deep breath and-
 
"Well, as usual, I would love to spend Christmas with my family back home. I miss them terribly, but alas, I'm a full-time college student that's living off a few dollars in my bank account and a full-stock pantry filled with ramen cup noodles, so the alternative plan is to spend it with Kyungsoo."
 
Kyungsoo has his eyes open wide and blinks. Once. Twice. Thrice. He doesn't believe it. He thinks he hears-
 
"With me?"
 
Bomi shoots him a glare, making a  'duh' motion for everyone to see. "You're my boyfriend, of course I want to spend the holidays with you." The room is filled with laughter promptly and Bomi looks around at everyone, pleased to see everyone enjoying themselves because of her. Kyungsoo sees her lips gracefully curve up into the beautiful smile that he loves so much. All of his worries disappear.
 
"Who would of thought, the mighty Do 'I don't do love' Kyungsoo, would be, in fact, in loooooove." Damn you, Park. If it wasn't for Bomi sitting next to him, anticipating his reaction to Chanyeol's obnoxious commentーas well as the many wandering eyes fixated on him that could be potential witnesses to a possible crime sceneーhe calms himself down. One day he'll kill Chanyeol, but today's not the day. Instead he flashes a cheeky smile to Bomi and pecks her one quick chaste kiss.
 
"I thought you don't do relationships?" He should of seen this question coming, especially asked by none other than Jongin himself. Typical.
 
Kyungsoo shrugs in answer. "There's a first for everything."
 
Bomi grins with pleasure at his response.
 
Eventually the noise dies down and they all retreat to the dining room for dinner. Chanyeol and Chorong, being it be there house, decided what dishes were to be served tonight. Kyungsoo knows Chanyeol; he's a hopeless case when it comes to cooking, he can't even manage whipping up a batch of scrabble eggs without burning them. It's most likely that Chorong took control of everything while making her brother her little helper monkey. She's very charismatic and fearsome, which might sound to be nothing but a lie when glancing at her exterior, but if you see her when she's upset, all hell breaks loose. And the 'spawn of satan' inside of her relinquishes all of her bottled-up demons. It's not something one would want to be on the receiving end of.
 
The dining table is large, adorned by a white tablecloth and a floral centerpiece. There are, to their surprise, name plates at each seat, to indicate where one should be placed at the table. Kyungsoo finds his seat straightaway. He's next to Bomi, sitting on the left of him, and Chanyeol on his right. He notes the effort that Chorongーof course Chanyeol had nothing to do with anythingーwent through to produce a stunning display. 
 
 
Their dinner was a three-course meal: appetizer, main dish, and dessert. It started with a simple Strawberry Spinach Salad, then moved on straight-away to the Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken, and ending it with a New York Cheesecake to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth after that delectable dinner.
 
Throughout the dinner he was pleased to see Bomi take part in discussions with those on her side of the table. There's Eunji on her left, thankfully, for it seems her presence had made Bomi loosen up and shake off any lingering feelings of nervousness. He leans in closely to hear Bomi arguing with Baekhyun about which Hogwarts House Eunji would be placed in, Gryffindor or Slytherin. It's true that she's brave and daring, but she also holds the characteristics of ambition.
 
"Perhaps she has qualities that fits both categories," Kyungsoo chimes in during the heat of their debate. All eyes are set on him, and he continues on, "After all, we can't be categorized into just one box."
 
"I would place you in Slytherin," Bomi says absentmindedly, and Kyungsoo's insightful remark is swept right under the rug.
 
They stay half an hour more until they bid their farewells to the group and parted ways. The car ride home is quiet, the only source of noise is the purring of the engine. The first one to break the silence is Bomi, whom comments on how great Kyungsoo's friends and wanting to hang out with again.
 
They finally arrive at Bomi's apartment. "Thank you for taking me, I had fun. I'm glad that you convinced me to come."
 
"Didn't I say they'll love you?" Kyungsoo recalls back to the beginning of the evening. It was true, she got along with everybody. He's feels relieved that his friends were able to meet and get to know her. He's also relieved that they all have taken a liking to her, but it's not like he needs their approval. 
 
"Yeah, but not as much as you." Bomi pauses, "Not as much as I love you.."
 
Bomi doesn't see it. The car is engulfed with darkness for it to be seen, but Kyungsoo feels the heat rising in his cheeks, and if he didn't knew any better, he's turning brightly pink from hearing those words. He turns off the engine of his car and exits out the driver side. The feeling in the pit of his stomach feels all tingly, something that he rarely feels, but it's a nice feeling.
 
They're in the elevator now and by the time the doors are shut, Kyungsoo takes his chances by sliding Bomi to the wall and crashes his lips together with hers. It's a dominate kiss, filled with a hunger that's been subdued since the moment she said those words. He wants her to know that he cares, that he loves her too.
 
Their heated kiss is ruined by a sudden gasp as soon as the elevator doors are opened on Bomi's floor. There's a wide-eyed sixty year old woman that's frozen at her spot and Bomi pinches Kyungsoo hard, blaming him for almost giving an elderly grandmother a heart attack. They make their way inside Bomi's apartment before the lady could give her two-cents about public indecency, spending the night together cuddled up with Bomi's head resting on Kyungsoo's chest and his arm wrapped securely on her waist.