Chapter 7: The New Guy

Popular

"Get in loser, we're going to school."

That was the first sentence of dialogue that I heard on the dreaded morning that was to begin another gruelling year of high-school- except this time it would be even worse, because I was pregnant.

I got into the back-seat of Wendy's shiny and god-knows-how-expensive car. Young-ji, sitting in the front-seat, turned around and said cheerfully, "You ready?"

I glared at her, and she recoiled slightly when she saw the purple crescents under my eyes. "Do I look ready to you?" I snarled.

The rest of the journey was filled with my two best friends screeching along to EXO in the front-seats, with me sulking in the back. This was my first year of high-school without Jong-dae, and this was the first day when I wouldn't be sitting next to him in the back of Wendy's car, rolling our eyes at her girly music collection and making out when we got bored. I wondered if the story had gotten round to the other students yet via social media, or if I would have people flocking to me and begging to find out what went wrong. Honestly, I hoped it would be neither.

My first few classes were...lonely. Nobody wanted to sit with me, apart from Young-ji in that one class that we have together. At lunch, I ate with Wendy and Young-ji, like I always did...except Jong-dae wasn't there. I cursed myself over and over again for taking his constant presence at my side for granted. 

But then, just as I was getting up to dump the mystery meat off my tray into the trash, the stench of newly fried onions reached my nose, and I found myself gagging. "Krystal?" Wendy asked in confusion, but I just madly waved my hand at her and sprinted to the bathrooms.

The second I got in there, I puked my guts out, tears streaming down my face. This is too much for me, I thought, I can't handle this anymore, I need Jong-dae, I need someone...

And that was when I heard someone say behind me, "You're not pregnant are you?"

I stood up immediately, forgetting about the awful taste in my mouth. Behind me was none other than Amber Liu, notorious rebel and Wendy's worst enemy. I blinked at her. "Wha- no! Why would you even say something like that?" I pushed past her and proceeded to rinse out my mouth, only half paying attention to what I was doing.

"Relax, I was only kidding- but judging by how you reacted..."

I turned around and stared at her, not really sure why I was so outraged to see her smirking at me. "Even if I were...pregnant, I wouldn't tell you. Excuse me." And off I went to biology. 

Little did I know that that would not be my only visit to the bathrooms that day, for our very first biology lesson was...eyeball disection! What fun! *sarcasmsarcasmsarcasm*

About two minutes into the lesson, however, just as the teacher was finished writing "Disection" on the board, somebody ran in the door. And that somebody was the most attractive person I have ever seen. Like, literally.

"Sorry I'm late, sir!" he said, closing the door behind him and quickly running over to the nearest seat- the one next to me.

The teacher sighed irritably, "That's quite alright, Joon-myeon, it is your first day after all...now, where was I? Oh yes, the cornea..."

"Hi, I'm Joon-myeon, but just call me Suho, 'cause it's easier. You?" the boy said to me, smiling softly.

"Oh! Um, Krystal," I responded awkwardly. Thankfully, he just smiled at me again and then put his attention on the board, letting me breathe. Was this fate? The cutest boy in the history of cute boys had just sat down next to me, asked me my name and then smiled at me. I would have started jumping up-and-down on the spot if I could, but I didn't want to seem weird, not now.

But then the teacher brought out the eyeballs. I felt bile rising in my throat once again and I was once again racing to the bathroom, but when I was just outside of it, I felt my head getting cloudier, my body getting heavier, and I fell against the door, unconscious.

Ten minutes later (although it felt like only a few seconds to me), I woke up to find myself in the nurse's office. Now, the conversation that followed was extremely boring, so I'll spare you the details, and just say this: she had pretty much figured out that I was pregnant. Almost as soon as I woke up, she started questioning me on things that you will already know about, and at the end of it, she said, "You're pregnant, aren't you." I just nodded.

She gave me some vitamins that I was apparently supposed to be taking (and which still had in her office due to her having had her second child recently) and sent me out of the room, saying that I should be fine to go back to biology now, as long as I closed my eyes or something- our nurse wasn't the most considerate, as you have probably gathered by this point.

But as soon as I stepped outside of her office, to the teeny tiny waiting room she had for students waiting to be seen, I practically collided with someone. I started to mumble an apology, when I looked up to see Suho. Eyes wide, mouth slightly open, staring at me in shock. 

Well, .

A.N. Ah-ha, I have returned! Granted, this chapter isn't very good I don't think, but I'm really tired and I've been feeling really guilty about not updating for a while, so here ya go! Also, Amber and Suho have actually become characters now. Yay!!! (Btw I apologise for any careless mistakes in this chapter, I'm not really up for proof-reading it right now but I know that I'll forget about it if I don't post it now, so yeah, there's that.)