Meet up day!

The Dinos and Miss Jung

Morning arrived and I gently tapped his leg to wake him up. He stirred at his position and slowly opens his eyes. We greeted each other good morning and take turns to take bath since we only have one bathroom. I prepared both of us some light breakfast and put some inside his lunchbox. After finishing our meals, I wash the plates and wipe it dry.

 

We head to his school that located only 15 minutes away from our rented home. I took his school bag and shove it on my left shoulder. We continue chatting and arrived at his school at around 6.30 a.m. He dragged me to the office and asks me to wait for his school teacher there. He pulled me to sit at a chair, straighten my polo shirt collar and ask me to behave. He went to one of the teacher and told them that I’m here to meet Miss Jung, his class teacher. Sometimes, he can act like my elder brother okay? I wonder is it our hard life that taught him to be older than his real age. The teacher patted his head and took a glance on me. I bowed a little to show some respect. He came to me and winked then went out to his respective classroom.

 

Few minutes passed and finally someone walks past me. The sweet smell really intoxicating me. Isn’t it is strawberry scent? I raise my head but only to see her back. I smell my own scent and I smelled . Well, lucky I didn’t smell like the rotten fish. I chuckles a bit at my silly comparison. I saw the lady talking to the teacher earlier and slowly turns her body to look at me. It’s like a slow motion in Matrix when Neo bent down avoiding the bullets passing him. I bowed my head slightly and when I raise my head again, she is already back facing me. I wonder how she looks like and is it Miss Jung anyway.

 

I set my eyes on the floor again feeling a little bit nervous that still engulfed me. My hands now sweating thinking what is that Miss Jung going to say about my little brother. I hope that little Dino don’t break any rules or made himself in a fight with other students. I check my pocket again to make sure I brought all the payment receipts just in case the teacher says I skip any payment.

 

 As I was still in my deep thinking, someone passing me by and call up my name. I raised my head and saw the earlier teacher standing in front of me. She smile sweetly at me and told me to go into Miss Jung’s office. I stood up and bowed in respect to her. She told me to go inside the office at the left side of the corner. I thanked her and walk to the respective office.

 

As I reach the office, I saw a woman back facing me while typing something on her computer. I knock on the door few times and the woman turns her chair looking at my direction gesturing me to come inside. I’m so surprised to see her face. She is so beautiful and warm. I can feel the heat all over my face and I think I’m definitely blushing hard now.

 

I walk in and bow my head 90 degrees in respect to her since she is my little brother’s class teacher. I stood by the chair in front of her desk and she offered her hand for handshake. I took her hand and we shake our hand in a second because I feel embarrass for my rough skins. I finally settled myself on the chair.

 

“Hello. Good morning. My name is Miss Jung. Aiden’s class teacher.”

“Good morning Miss Jung. My name is Amber Josephine Liu. Aiden’s sister.”

“Oh, sorry but please no offense. I thought he is supposed to bring his elder brother since he mentioned yesterday his hyung will be coming.”

 “Hahaha… It was actually me Miss Jung. He is so used to call me hyung from baby.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yes. I’m sorry for his misbehavior. I always teach him to call me "noona" but he said I look more like a brother than a sister to him.”

“Well, it’s okay. As long as he is comfortable with that, it should be no problem at all. He actually is a nice and very good student.”

 “I hope so Miss Jung.”

“Yes, he really is. By the way, the main reason for us to call his guardian because we wanted to know more about his background. As we can see here, there’s only few information about him in the file especially on the parents information and the guardian’s emergency contact number also the home and postal address. It is required for the school to have the details in case of any emergency.”

 

She handled me the file and I took my time reading on the related columns. I nods few times and set back my eyes on the teacher in front of me.

 

“If you allow me, can you please give me the details so that I can fill up the information?”

 “Well, to be very honest to you both our parents are deceased and currently I’m the legal guardian for Aiden.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that Miss Amber.”

“It’s okay Miss Jung. Anyway, for your information too we don’t have any permanent address because we have to shift out few times due to the raising of the rental. But I promise you that I will do my level best to find a house very soon. Please give me some time and please don’t dispel my brother. He is a very bright student. My brother loves this school. Please don’t kick him out of the school Miss Jung. I will find another extra job to find us a house soon. Please give me some time Miss Jung.”

“Miss Amber.”

“Please Miss Jung.”

“Miss Amber.”

“Please, I’m begging you Miss Jung. He really loves this school. Please don’t kick him out, please.”

“Miss Amber, please don’t be like that. Don’t worry because we’re not going to dispel our brightest student.”

“Really Miss Jung?”

“Yes, actually we have school funds that can help funding our students. But sadly it didn’t cover for the family members.”

“It’s okay Miss Jung. I can always work on my own. Please help my little brother. He is all I have.”

“Miss Amber, you’re actually worrying too much. The home and postal address are not playing any important roles on the student’s achievements. It is actually required for any emergency. You know, just in case we couldn’t reach you on your contact number and for home visit of course.”

“Yes, I’m sorry Miss Jung.”

“All right then. Do you have any contact number anyway?”

“Yes, Miss Jung. You may contact me at 013-87xxxxxx”

“Do you have any home address?”

“Yes, Miss Jung. We currently are renting a room at 2131, Wet Market Street. But I assured you that we will find a better place any time soon, Miss Jung.”

“Then, I guess all the required information is here.”

“I really hope you got all you need there Miss Jung.”

“Yes, I did. I shall call you if there is any other else. Thank you for coming Miss Amber.”

“It’s my duty, Miss Jung. Thank you very much Miss Jung.”

“You’re welcome Miss Amber. By the way, you look very young to be a guardian. If I may know, how old are you Miss Amber?”

“It’s okay Miss Jung. I’m 21 years old.”

“Wow, you’re very young to take all the burdens on your own. You have raised your brother very well. I’m so proud of you Miss Amber.”

“Thank you Miss Jung. I guess life left me no choice but being strong for him.”

 “Yes, I guess so. Anyway, nice to meet you. Have a good day Miss Amber.”

“Thank you Miss Jung. I’m so sorry for taking your time. Have a good day too.”

 

I hurriedly went out of her office. Somehow, I feel so relief because Aiden got himself a very good school and concern class teacher. Miss Jung, you’re really one nice lady. Aiden, I will find us a decent home even though I have to work all day long for your own good. I promise you, Aiden.