Side story

Lucky Strike
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JiHyo blinks twice, still unable to believe the two lines showing on the kit in front of her. She blinks for another couple of times, making sure that the two lines are still there, not disappearing each time she blinks. Now everything makes sense. Her week late period, her upset stomach and vomiting in the morning for two weeks now, her sudden crave of ice cream now and then, she finally gets those puzzling situation. A tear of joy slips out from one of her eyes as she smiles widely. She can’t wait for her husband’s return to inform him the pleasant news.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary has been even busier since the past two months as LeeSsang collaboration with the Quan has started. He does know about his wife’s hardships and he’s worried as hell about it, but he doesn’t actually know that she’s having a mini Kang inside her. Glancing at his watch then and now, he sighs, knowing that is still 5 more hours till he can see his lovely wife again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clock on his car is showing 10.33pm as Gary parks his BMW in his garage. Taking a plastic bag containing a few medicines for his wife, he enters the house with exhaustion filling him. Once he sees JiHyo sitting on the sofa, reading a book while waiting for him, a light smile immediately spreading on his face. “MongJi?” he calls out her name sweetly. She looks up to the source of the familiar voice calling her name, beaming instantly when she sees the face she has been waiting to see the whole day.

“Oppa! You’re home,” she says enthusiastically as she walks towards him. He gives her a quick hug then kisses the top of her head before giving her the plastic bag, the proof of his concern. She looks down at the plastic bag blankly, somehow feeling her heart warming up by his affection and care towards her. She lets out a set of sweet laugh while he stares down at her, a little bit confuse that she suddenly chortles around. She glances up to meet his curious eyes as she places her hand on his then pull him with her, leading him towards their bedroom.

As they reach their bedroom, still holding each other’s hand, JiHyo hurries her steps to her vanity, dragging Gary along the way.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter