Second

Lucky Strike
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As she swings the door open, he reaches for her other hand, holding it gently, unconsciously sneaking its way and lacing his with her delicate fingers. She turns her head around and sees him smiling affectionately at her before saying, “Let me send you until the front door.” She blinks her eyes as her heart goes through another round of racing wave due to his sudden action. She blushes again and somehow her disappointment disappear bits by bits.

All the way from his office down till they reach the front door, he holds her hand still, finding comfort and certainty in between their intertwine fingers. Realising that she takes taxi all the way from their house to his company, he stops her from calling a taxi and quickly takes his phone out and calls his company’s driver, ordering him to send his wife safely back home. She feels warmth overtaking her heart at her husband’s gentlemanliness.  She falls for him, for sure and no doubt, all over again.

Moments later, a black elegant car makes an appearance in front of the couple. As JiHyo is seated in the backseat of the car, ready to head home, he sternly says to the driver to drive safely, making sure she won’t be harmed in any way. She giggles at his words and open the window then calls Gary’s name softly, signalling him to come to her side. He moves towards her side and leans his head in. With no warning, he feels a soft pair of lips in contact with his cheek. It happens so sudden that he takes a step back, turns his head, facing her with his eyes blinking twice following with an almost inaudible “…what?”

She smiles sweetly with a tint of pink colouring her cheeks, “Thank you for your concern. Don’t worry, I will be fine. I will see you at home Gary-ssi,” then she waves a shy goodbye. The car makes its way and leaves the CEO behind, still unable to recover from the bold move his wife does to him. Couple of millisecond later, a wide goofy smile is spreading on him from ear to ear. Happiness shines out from his face, his heart swimming with joy. Stepping his way back lightly, he wishes that time will tick faster so that he could go home sooner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 5 hours meeting is finally coming to an end and it goes by smoothly thanks to Gary’s good mood and his fluent speaking skills. Ha DongHoon, or when there’s only the two of them he goes by his nickname, HaHa, the CEO of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter