111214

The Journals of Sandara Park: Her 30th Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

November 12, 2014

 

It’s my birthday and I’m in Palawan!

Dear Mr. Journal, do you have any idea how magical this place is?

It’s so amazing here. Heol.

And guess what?

Bom called me today! Yay!

 

 

“Dara-yah!” came a squeal piercing through her ears. Dara could only laugh at the silliness of the tone. She could practically see Bom jumping behind the line.

 

“Bommie,” she crooned at her. Oh, how she missed the antic of her best friend.

 

“How are you?”

 

“I’ve been having a blast here in the Philippines. You?”

 

There was a short interlude of silence, of hesitation. “I’m fine here.”

 

Dara frowned at the change of her tone. “You went online again, didn’t you?”

 

“Oh, hell, no,” the gal snapped. “At least not at the moment when YG declared I should be reflecting.”

 

“Ah, the reflection,” she mused. Honestly, Dara felt that was the lamest excuse YG have ever made. To reflect was to meditate and Park Bom was a woman who detested overthinking. To reflect was to put certain things into consideration and yet again, Park Bom had nothing to mull about. The thing was done. The people need to get over it.

 

“Yah, yah, Santokki, I’ll call you via skype. Okay?” Bom suddenly said and even before Dara could respond the older had already ended their call.

 

With her smartphone, Dara quickly opened her skype account and only second after, a call from Bom popped at the screen. She answered, expecting only to see Bom’s face but then, she was surprised after realizing there were other two boxes at the corner. She gasped at that.

 

“Omo! Chae, Baby Minkki!”

 

“Hello, unnie!” The maknae grinned while Chaerin simply laughed at her shocked face.

 

“Uwaa, I miss you guys!” Bom said, leaning closer towards the screen of her own phone as if to kiss them one by one.

 

“Aigoo, unnie. I miss you as well!” Chaerin kissed back.

 

Dara watched as they laughed at each other’s silliness amid her own giggles.

 

“Okay, guys, remember what we practiced.” Bom said and they nodded.

 

Dara was about to ask what she meant by that and that she wasn’t aware of any practice but then once they started singing her a birthday song, the woman couldn’t fight back the tears that had been threatening to fall ever since they said they won’t be able to be with her in her special day, anymore. She sobbed at their small surprise.

 

“Unnie, we may not be with you now, I promise we’ll be together on you next birthdays.”

“Minzy ah…”

 

“We quarreled and fought but you know I love you, right? Thank you for being a part of our lives my dear wifey.”

 

“Oh, chae…”

 

“And love you the most, okay?” Bom chimed in. “Be back here soon and we’ll have a party together. Arraso? Don’t goof around there too much. Arraso? And don’t drink and drive. Arra—”

 

“Okay, Bom. Geez.”  Despite the tears, Dara rolled her eyes and laughed.

 

 The 2ne1 members conversed a little while before CL had to leave because of her prior schedule. A few minutes after, Minzy had to say her goodbye as well then Bom, and Dara was left with a huge, satisfied smile on her face.

 

“Finally,” Marshall Bang came to her side, grinning at her. “A happy Dara, ladies and gents!”

 

Dara slapped him playfully.

 

“I have been happy,” she said, wiping her tears away.

 

“Nuh-uh. You’ve been appreciative not happy.”

 

“What’s the difference?”

 

“Oh, you know what’s the difference.” He looked at her knowingly. “There’s really nothing to worry about, Dee. The future is bright for 2ne1. I just know it.”

 

“Have you been hanging around Madam Auring?”But then Dara flashed him a smile which was meant to imply that she needed that reassurance and was thankful someone had said it.

 

“Who is that? Is she your friend?”

 

“Someone who is very interesting.”

 

Marshall shrugged. “So, has he called you yet?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter