Final

Back to us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You may comeback in one condition, You need to be better than this.”

That line which haunt me over 3 freaking years. What does she mean by better? Am I not that handsome in the old days? Why she left me though? Better? Am I not that good for her enough?

I look in the mirror and watch my side face. Well.. I do admit I look way better now. But what does she mean by better? I don’t understand a thing! This is making me crazy! Whatever it is, I will finally got my answer! She is finally here, breathing the same air with me.

Yes, we broke up. But No, I still know that she will come back to Korea today. So here I am, to met her. And no, I’m not some sort of stalker of her but.. I do ask some person to keep me updated about her. Again, Not a stalker. Just worried, okay?

“Hyung how long does we need to wait?” Sehun whined. Yup, all of the EXO members are here but, not I’m the one who ask them to come with me. They are the one who curious about who is the person that makes me don’t get any sleep yesterday.

I also can’t believe that I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach even at the single thought of I can meet her again. “Just wait a little longer. I’m sure she will arrive soon.” I said, looking at the ‘Arrival’ door.

People starts to walk out from the door and I quickly stand up, searching for her. I froze as I saw her. The other EXO members also froze as they saw her. She look to her right and left before she also glued to her spot.

“We met.”

Both of us lock eyes and just stay still. Gotta admit, she’s become more prettier and by the way she look at me with slightly open, I’m sure I do look handsome now. Now you know, huh?

I recovered first before make my way to her, sure enough I’m smiling maybe too widely. “Well hello, Kim Soyeon. I’m back.”

“Baekhyun? Is this really you?” she ask, a bit wide-eyed.

“Well.. no.” she frowns cutely and I let out a laugh, “Of course. Don’t you even recognise your boyfriend?”

“Ex-boyfriend.” she corrected me and I rolled my eyes playfully.

“Shall we go? I had done all the things before you came. Like, your apartment,” which is next to ours. “your things,” which I bought you some from the help of my coordi noonas. “And your own car.” which is mine. Don’t you proud of me, babe?

“Firstly, how do you know I will come today?” help from a person. “Second, I’m sure it’s beside your own apartment.” I shook my head, “Correction. EXO apartment. Me and my bandmates.”. She roll her eyes before continuing, “Thirdly, I’m sure you bought the so-called ‘my things’ and last but not least, it is your car.” she give me a judging look and I laugh again, “You got me there.”

“HI~!!!!” the EXO members greet her with a wide smile on their faces. “Hi! I’m Kim Soyeon.” she introduced herself. “Are you.. Baekhyun girlfriend?” Suho asked and she shook her head making me frown, “Just his old friend.” she said looking at me. The boys chant an ‘oh’ before all of us head to the car, driving off to the apartment.

“Welcome to our.. I mean your house.” I said as she eyed the apartment. “Look good..” she stop her track as she saw the photo both of us kissing. Yup, I put it. Whachu going to do about it, huh?
 

“Except for this, Baek.” she put away the picture. “Why? Don’t you want us back together?” I hovered over her, letting my hands hug her waist. “Baek, please. I..” she avoid my gaze. “Why? Isn’t back together is what we aim for?” I close my distance with her face. “I.. I don’t know. I don’t think we can be like the old days.”

That’s it. She broke away from me but I stay still, not believing my ears —and never will I believe it. “Wh-what do you mean?” I voiced out. “I just... don’t ready for this yet.” what does she mean by yet?

“I think.. I’m just awkward around you. Maybe.. 3 years are long enough to explain that we are only friends right?” Friends? That’s ridiculous. “We are never awkward.” I furrowed my eyebrows. She stayed silent after I said that, keeping her gaze down. We are never awkward, that’s true. Even we just met, we are never awkward.

“Do you met someone else? Are you here for someone else?”

“Do you met someone else? Are you here for someone else?” he asked me and I snap my head to look at him.

 

 

No. Of course I’m here to work after the studies abroad and of course, I want to meet him. Only him, Byun Baekhyun. But I don’t felt that butterflies anymore. My heart don’t pound crazily like I always do. Am I starting to.. not like him? Not loving him? After 3 years he wait, am I going to say that, I don’t feel the butterflies anymore? I don’t love him anymore?

 

 

He stares at me straight in the eyes, waiting for an answer. “Tell me. Who is it?” he question and I bit my lips. “Just who?” his voice are more demanding this time, still looking at me with that fckg big brown eyes. Gotta admit, he’s upgraded.

“No one.” I finally said. “Then why?” he pout his lips of his. Oh my gosh what a cutie.

“It just... it just I—” I was cutted off when his lips on mine. I stay frozen at the contact before quickly push him away. He shocked at my actions and I just bit my lip, “We’re moving too fast. I just arrived, Baek. This is not how I want us back.”. “Are you pushing me away now? After 3 years I waited for you, you are just going to push me away?” he ask with disappointment.

 

 

“After 3 years I waited for you, you are just going to push me away?” I asked her. If she’s going to be like this, then why the fck I waited for her? Why I don’t date anyone else first? Why must I be a lovefool for 3 years? Why—

“I know you waited for me for 3 years.  But.. I’m scared that I don’t feel the same way anymore.” my thought were cut off from her sudden confession. She don’t feel the same anymore. I took a step back, looking at her with the cold eyes of mine, “How are you so sure about that?”

Her head snap back at me as she heard my question, “Because...”. She start to play with her fingers. Still the same habit if she don’t know how to answer a question.

“I will try my best to bring back you to me. Let the butterflies in your stomach live again. And make you, want me again.” I said before backing away from her.
“What do you mean?”
“We’re not end yet. It just the start, to our new life.” I grab the knob of her door, smirking lightly at her.
“New.. life?”
“I am more handsome now, and you are more prettier now. Both of us are starting a new life, so are our love.”
“Baekhyun—”
“Till then, get ready to get the love from your upgraded Light B.” I smirked before turn the knob, and leave her house.

Oh, I did it again~ I’m not the old Byun Baekhyun who would cry if got left by his love, I’m the new Baekhyun, the matured one. Just wait, Kim Soyeon. I’ll make you feel the same back.

Searching for works is seriously not easy. You sigh as you walk to the convenience store, buying yourself some ramen and a cool banana milk. You took a seat before slowly slurping your ramen, not caring the world anymore.

“Hmm~ This is what I want after a long day of searching for works.” you said in delightness. It’s been a while since you eat korean ramen and the taste will always be the best. “Especially with my lovely, kimchi~~” you grin before took a bite of the kimchi which came along with the ramen.

You slurp all the soup and your lips after you ate all of your yummy, yummy ramen. You heard someone whistling behind your back before the person took your banana milk, drinking it without your permission.

“YAH!” you glare at the latter who took your milk. “Since when you have the nerve to glare at me, girlfriend?” he chuckled. You pouted before snatch your milk back, “It’s mine!” you quickly drink it in one go, not letting him have anymore sip. “Oh? It’s an indirect kiss.” you choke on your milk and you coughed several times.

You glared at him again and he just laugh. “You’re cuter when you glare.” he said, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear. “Stop it, Byun Baek.” you snap his hand away and he let out a dark chuckle before going near to your ear, whispering; “Don’t worry. It’s just starting.”

He bit your earlobe a bit before leaving you dumbfounded. A shiver down your spine when he did that. That’s it. The feeling.

“Is he even serious?” you scoffed in disbelieve before stood up, going back to your home.

You sighed as you scribble out whatever in your mind on a paper. “Boring.” you puff your cheeks, looking the scenery outside your balcony. Forgot to mention, these apartment he bought have a balcony with a table and two chairs set up.

You sip your tea calmly while enjoying the view.

“Wow, the view in front of me really is beautiful.” your ears perked up and crane your neck to the left. You rolled your eyes when you saw him. “Why? Don’t you find it beautiful?” he asked, still looking at your face. “I will not self praise myself, Byun Baekhyun.” you roll your eyes again. “But you are beautiful. Be proud of yourself for one second.” he said and you semi-glare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter