Chapter 2

Love Tension

It had been about four months since Hyuna had returned to Seoul and it felt like the time had just flew by – with little of it being spent with Zico. Hyuna had no idea as to how so much time had gone past in a blink of an eye, all she had done was finish with moving into her home, try and find a job – which was just failing – and try and sort out a place at a university, not that she knew which one she was going or the course she was going to do. It was stressing Hyuna out so much that it got to the point where Zico felt like him had to step in and suggest the one thing he knew would calm her down, dancing. Zico had told Hyuna about a dance studio that he often visits to blow off some steam and Hyuna was more than happy to arrange a time to meet.

“I’ll be back at about 5, see you later!” Hyuna called to her parents as she left her house and started making her way to the dance studio dressed casually, and comfortably, in an old shirt, leggings and trainers. “What if I get the wrong room… the wrong studio even!” Hyuna mumbled various worries to herself as she made her way to Zico’s favourite dance studios using the directions he sent to her. She continued walking for another ten minutes before finally finding the building she was looking for.

“Seriously?! I’ve walked past this place twice, how did I not spot it before? Ah Kim Hyuna, come on now…” Hyuna continued to mumble to herself as she found the room that Zico had booked for them. It was very spacious and felt like it’d be too big for just the two of them, but that wouldn’t be a problem, more space more fun.

 

 

“Ya piggy… come on, this was you’re idea…” Hyuna had spent a good five minutes stood leaning against the wall doing nothing while she was waiting for her friend to show up. Hyuna finally decided to cure her quickly growing boredom by starting to dance without Zico, she plugged her phone into some speakers and chose a song but kept the volume quite low so she’d be able to hear anyone arriving. As she danced to a routine she had made she felt herself getting more frustrated as she kept making mistakes and forgetting moves. “Come on Hyuna! Get it together, you know this…” She sighed as she made her way over to her phone to start the song again and this time she turned the volume up higher so that all she could hear was the song playing. This time Hyuna managed to make fewer mistakes and was much happier with her overall performance. As the song started to end, instead of the room being overtaken by silence, the sound of clapping appeared, causing Hyuna to turn around quickly and gasp in surprise as she saw a group of six guys near the door, one of them being the mystery guy she seemed to keep meeting. How did I not notice them?! Hyuna screamed internally as she tried to think of something to say.

“You’re quite the little dancer aren’t you?” mystery guy smiled at her as he made his way further into the room. “I could’ve sworn this was the room I booked…”

 “A-ah… I’m so sorry!” Hyuna bowed quickly to each of the guys before rushing to get her phone “I-I must have gotten the wrong room, I’ll leave… Again, I am so sorry…”

 “You don’t need to do that, stay, I’m sure the guys won’t mind another person joining in.” Mystery guy smiled again and Hyuna ducked her head, unsure of what to do.

 “Do you even know this girl hyung?” one of the other guys asked, Hyuna didn’t lift her head to see who it was.

 “Well… technically no, but she’s bumped into me enough times now that I feel that I should know her name...?”

 Hyuna lifted her head to look at him but found herself looking directly into his eyes and so she quickly ducked her head again. “H-Hyuna… I’m Kim Hyuna”

 “Nice to see you again Hyuna-ssi, would you care to joing us? The guys over there-” Hyuna looked up so she could see who he was pointing at, “Yoon Doojoon, Yong Junhyung, Yang Yoseob, Lee Kikwang and Son Dongwoon. And I,” mystery guy made his way closer to Hyuna and gently placed a finger under Hyuna’s chin and lifted her head up slightly so that she was looking at him again. “am Jang-"

 “Hyuna! I’m so sorry I’m late! You see there was this thing with Kyung and then-” Zico had rushed into the room while texting on his phone but looked up as soon as he noticed the other people in the room. “Who..?” he turned his head to look at Hyuna and was met with the sight of someone being too close to his friend. “Hyunseung hyung?”

“Ah, Zico-ah, I didn’t know you were friends with this cutie.” Hyunseung dropped his hand and turned to face Zico. “It seems the room must have gotten double booked, but don’t worry, we’ll leave this time.” Hyunseung winked at Hyuna before walking past Zico and joining his friends as they started to leave the room. “Oh Zico!” Hyunseung stopped and turned, “don’t forget about the party, you have to be there ok? Good. And bring your friend along too.” Hyunseung looked at Hyuna once more “Until then Kim Hyuna.” He flashed one last smile at her before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

“Yah! Why’d you have to be so long!” Hyuna hit Zico’s arm and turned him towards the speaker before he started to ask questions. “Choose a song and then let’s dance, this has been long overdue.”

 “Alright bossy, calm down…” Zico decided to just put his phone on shuffle and the two were soon dancing and having fun. However, Zico did notice that the slight blush that Hyuna had displayed on her cheeks from when Jang Hyunseung was in the room failed to disappear the entire time that he was with her.


 

a/n - I'm such a bad author I know, I'm sorry :( I honestly didn't think it'd be this long until I added another chapter but I always seem to have this problem... But anyway, thank you so much for reading and commenting on my story so far! I'm so surprised and happy about how it's done so far c: