Chapter 1

Love Tension

“Oh! It’s still here… wow…” Hyuna smiled as she looked at the front of an old toy store that she used to visit. “That bear is still there too, ah so cute!”

It had been 4 years since Hyuna last stepped foot in Seoul and she was taking her time to walk around all of the streets, seeing which stores were new, which ones were no longer open and which ones had managed to still survive to this day. Hyuna had moved to Busan when she was 15 due to her dads work, it was easier for the family to move instead of her dad having to constantly travel. It was extremely hard for Hyuna, having to leave behind good memories and friends but a couple weeks after her 19th birthday she got told the amazing news that they were finally able to move back to Seoul and now, here she is.

“Omo… I should get going…” Hyuna said as she glanced down at her watch, noticing what the time was. She looked at her reflection in the window to make sure her long black hair wasn’t all over the place and that her outfit of dark blue jeans, black and white stripy top and fake leather jacket didn’t look too scruffy before quickly hurrying towards a spare taxi and telling the driver her destination. She sat in silence for the entire drive until the taxi reached her destination – a university. Not just any university for Hyuna though. This was the university which taught one very special person, her best friend.

Woo Jiho.

Known as Zico to everyone else, this was the one person Hyuna missed the most of all. Sure they were able to talk on the internet or over the phone but she had only been able to see him a few times over the past 4 years. Hyuna always felt slightly guilty whenever they met as Zico always insisted on going over to Busan so that Hyuna didn’t have to travel far. She was grateful, but quilty. Hyuna never told Zico the news of her return to Seoul as she wanted it to be a surprise and she had the entire thing planned out. She’d go to his university, wait outside the front doors until Zico walked out to go to his part time job (she had to thank his parents for giving her the information of when he’d be leaving) and the surprise him and tell him they’re going out for a catch up meal later. Hyuna couldn’t stop smiling as she got out of the taxi and made her way towards the university. She found a small wall to sit on and waited for her friend to finally make his way outside. It took 5 minutes for Zico to make his way outside surrounded by a bunch of guys, he had changed his hair again since Hyuna last saw him, it was now a blonde colour and it suited him really well. Zico wore what Hyuna classed as his typical outfit – jeans, shirt and a jacket. Hyuna always about it, but in a loving way of course. Zico had managed to walk past Hyuna without even noticing she was there and so Hyuna got up and turned towards his direction.

“Ya! Piggy!” Hyuna yelled with a massive grin plastered on her face. Piggy is the nickname that Hyuna loves to call Zico. It started off as ‘piggy-nose’ but the nose part was soon dropped – much to Zico’s delight. Hyuna couldn’t help but laugh as the expression on Zico’s face showed his confusion and the moment he saw her it turned into shock.

“H-Hyuna..?” Zico walked away from his group of friends and made his way over to Hyuna. “What? When? How?” Zico gave Hyuna a hug which was happily returned. “Please tell me that you are actually here and that I’m not just hugging air.”

“Of course I’m actually here silly. Miss me?”

Zico’s hug tightened slightly before he left Hyuna go but kept her at arm length. “Of course I flipping missed you! How did you know to find me at this time?”

“Your parents were more than happy to tell me. Speaking of your parents, they also agreed that it’s a great idea for us to catch up tonight over a meal so instead of going to your dorm room after work go home and I’ll meet you at 8 tonight ok? Good. See you later!” Hyuna quickly turned around and walked off before Zico had the chance to respond.

“Ah so that’s the cutie!” Hyuna heard a voice say.

“Ya! Shut it Kyung…” Zico said, causing Hyuna to laugh and walk into a person.

“Sorry!” Hyuna said with a quick bow. She quickly walked away out of embarrassment, she wasn’t sure who the person was that she walked into but she knew he was taller than her and had dark hair. Hyuna secretly hoped she did see the guy again, she doesn’t like awkward encounters.

 


 

Just before 8pm Hyuna had made her way to Zico’s parents’ house. She had decided to wear a knee length black dress with long sleeves and she had curled her hair and pinned it to the side. Once she got outside of the house she was greeted by Zico who was wearing a slightly smarter version of his shirt + jeans outfit.

“Hey handsome.” Hyuna grinned. “You look nice.”

“You don’t look too bad yourself.” Zico said with a smile as he nudged Hyuna. Zico then made a call for a taxi and they were soon on their way to find a restaurant to eat it.

Eventually they had decided on eating at a sushi restaurant and spent a good hour just eating and talking about random little things.

“So, when did you hear that you were coming back to Seoul? And why didn’t you tell me?” Zico poked Hyuna with his chopsticks, causing her smile.

“It was a couple weeks after my birthday, and I wanted to surprise you…”

“Well, it worked!” Zico laughed and ate some more food.

“And you wonder why I call you piggy…” Hyuna shook her head jokingly and they both laughed. They continued to eat and talk for a little longer before Hyuna excused herself to go to the toilet. On her way back she almost walked into someone but just managed to stop herself.

“Planning on walking into me again?” the person said, causing Hyuna to look up. It was the guy from earlier, he was smiling at her.

“Ah… I, I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s alright.” The guy chuckled. “Who knows, maybe it’s a sign...” He grinned and then moved to the side allowing Hyuna to walk past.

Hyuna felt herself blush a deep red as she made her way back to her seat next to Zico.

“What’s wrong with you? Embarrass yourself again?”

“Oh shut it you.” Hyuna pushed Zico before picking up a bit of food and eating it. The two continued to talk until closing time and then made their way home in another taxi. Zico got dropped off first and Hyuna waved at him until she could no longer see him. It was definitely good to be back home.


a/n I just want to quickly thank those who have already given this story more support than I was expecting. I'm not the greatest of writers but I will try my hardest to make this a story you can enjoy c: fighting! ^-^