Chapter 3

Love Tension

“So, have you told her yet?”

“Told who what?” Today Zico had made the mistake of asking Kyung if he could study with him. It started off as the typical study session for them, Zico had gone to Kyung’s house and they studied whilst Kyung’s mum continuously asked if they wanted any snacks, but towards the end Kyung had decided to have some fun with Zico.

 

“Hyuna. Have you told her how you feel? She’s been back for ages now, you’ve had plenty of time to have a talk with her.”

 

Zico sighed and shook his head, he was definitely going to have to kill this guy one day. “I have no feelings to talk about Kyung.”

 

“Of course not…” Kyung smirked and shook his head. He’d noticed the way Zico acted whenever he talked about the girl. He’d also noticed how Zico had been acting since Hyuna returned to Seoul. “How come you’ve been taking better care of your appearance then?”

 

“What? That’s got nothing to do with her, I’m just… wanting a change… Now if you’ll excuse me,” Zico looked at his phone and started to pack his books back into his bag as he stood up, “I have to go meet Hyuna. And before you try and say something funny, she’s just been stressed lately and she likes dancing and so we’re just doing something to help her relax a bit.”

 

Kyung leaned back in his chair as he held his hands up, still smirking. “Wasn’t going to say a thing my friend. Say hello to her for me and let her know that I’ll take her out for coffee one time since her ‘piggy’ is acting too much like a chicken to be able to make a move.” Kyung grinned before just moving out of the way of Zico’s hand which has heading towards the back of his head.

 

“Ya! I swear I’ll kill you…” Zico took a quick glance at his phone before shoving it quickly into his bag, along with several of his other items. “Ahh I’m going to be late, she is going to kill me…” Slinging the bag over his shoulder Zico made his way to the door, turning to face Kyung whilst opening the door. “Thank your mum for me, see you tomorrow!”

 

“Zico! Your books-!” Kyung held up the textbooks which Zico had left behind but it was too late, the guy was already gone. “Aish… He has no hope.” Chuckling and shaking his head, Kyung took the forgotten texts with him to his room, sending a text to Zico along the way telling him that he’ll drop the books off when he can.

 


 

“Late late late…” Was the only thing Zico was saying as he made his way home as quickly as he could. Dropping his bag onto the floor beside his bed, he started looking through his clothes for something comfortable and suitable to wear. He ended up choosing a pair of grey sweatpants and then throwing on a red oversized shirt which he believed was clean – it didn’t smell at least. After grabbing his trainers and putting them on, Zico got him phone from out of his bag and shoved it into his pocket before running down the stairs. “Be back for dinner!” was all Zico could shout before he shot out of the door and started running to the dance studio where Hyuna would be waiting for him. As he ran through town, Zico found himself stopping abruptly in front of a coffee shop, debating whether or not he should get them some drinks. Getting his phone out of his pocket to check the time, not only did he notice Kyung’s text about his books for the first time but he also realised just how late his was going to be if he didn’t get his into gear. Zico starting running once again – the drinks can wait till later. A few minutes later he had finally reached the dance studio but had to stop in front of it to get his breath back. Once Zico felt like he was no longer going to die from exhaustion, he started making his way to the booked room whilst also texting a reply back to Kyung. Once he reached the room he had booked he walked straight in, still typing his reply to his friend and failing to notice the group of men who was in the room along with Hyuna.

 

“Hyuna! I’m so sorry I’m late! You see there was this thing with Kyung and then-” Zico finally looked up from his phone to notice that he and Hyuna weren’t alone in the room. “Who..?” Zico looked in Hyuna’s direction and was met with the site of another male being way too close to her. “Hyunseung hyung?”

 

“Ah, Zico-ah, I didn’t know you were friends with this cutie.” Hyunseung dropped the hand that once was touching Hyuna’s face and turned so that he was now facing Zico. “It seems the room must have gotten double booked, but don’t worry, we’ll leave this time.” Zico didn’t fail to notice the wink that Hyunseng sent in Hyuna’s direction before he walked past him, joining his group of friends as the started to leave the room. “Oh Zico!” Hyunseung stopped in his tracks and turned to Zico once again.

 

Can’t this guy just leave already?! Zico thought bitterly as he also turned to face the man.

 

“Don’t forget about the part, you have to be there ok? Good. And bring your friend along too.” Hyunseung looked in Hyuna’s direction and that;’s when Zico decided to start ignoring the older male, tuning out whatever he was saying. Zico realised that Hyunseung must have gone as he soon felt pain on his arm from where Hyuna had just hit him.

 

“Ya! Why’d you have to be so long?!” She then turned him towards the speaker before he could ask any questions. “Choose a song and then let’s dance, this has been long overdue.”

 

“Alright bossy, calm down…” Zico started looking through his phone before deciding to just put it on shuffle and the two soon started dancing, either dancing along to the choreography of the song or creating their own. Every now and then, Zico found himself looking in Hyuna’s direction and each time he noticed that there was a slight blush that was still displayed on her cheeks from when Jang Hyunseung was in the room. He thought he could feel a slight anger rising within himself, it was probably nothing. He definitely wasn’t jealous, not at all, that would just be ridiculous.

 

“Piggy! Are you listening or what?”

 

Zico shook his head, clearing his mind of his previous thought. “I’m sorry, what did you say again?”

 

“Aish, how could you not listen?” Hyuna grinned and hit his arm lightly. “I was asking if you wanted to go grab a coffee or something. I’m starting to feel a bit tired now and I think this is a good place to stop for today.”

 

Coffee, that sounded just great right now. Nodding, he turned to her and smiled. “Yeah sure, I’ll just grab my stuff and then we can get going.” Just as he was about to go grab his phone which was still connected to the speakers and playing music, the sound of a text coming through entered the room and he noticed Hyuna trying to sneakily move forwards.

 

“Who’s that from eh? Secret girlfriend I don’t know about?” Grinning, Hyuna tried sprinting towards the phone but was stopped by Zico grabbing her wrist and pulling her back. Only problem was, Hyuna lost her footing and fell to the ground, taking Zico down with her who ended up on top of her, his face just inches way from hers. For Zico everything slowed down at that moment. Everything apart from his heartbeat which decided that it was going to start beating as fast as it possibly could. Music was still being played in the background but Zico couldn’t hear it as he looked into his best friends eyes.

“Earth to Zico, get off, you’re starting to get heavy…” Hyuna’s awkward laugh had his heart hurting, she felt uncomfortable with him like this. Getting up quickly, he held his hand out which Hyuna took happily and she was able to get up. Zico then walked to his phone, turning the music off and disconnecting it from the speakers.

 

“Right, let’s go then. I want that coffee.” Zico smiled slightly and he then walked over to the door, opening it for Hyuna and waiting until she was out before leaving herself.

 


 

“Your dancing has definitely improved, were you practicing whilst I was gone?”

 

“No, not really, I must just be so amazing that I can improve without needing to practice.” Zico grinned and Hyuna rolled her eyes. Luckily, in Zico’s eyes, there was no awkwardness between them as they walked to the coffee shop. The incident which happened at the dancing studio wasn’t talked about and it didn’t need to be. Eventually they made it to the coffee shop Zico had passed earlier that day but before they entered he realised that he hadn’t picked up any money. “I’m really sorry, I promised you coffee and now I can’t even get you once.”

 

“Oh it’s fine, don’t beat yourself up over it, I should probably be heading home anyway. Just make sure you get me one another time alright? See you soon piggy.” Hyuna hugged him before she started walking away, only to stop and turn around after only a few steps. “Actually, I’ll call you later. That way you can tell me all the details about that party because we are definitely going. Talk later!” Hyuna smiled at him and gave a little wave before walking away again.

 

“Yeah… Talk to you later... About Hyunseung’s party…” Zico sighed before eventually making his way home aswell. Maybe he could convince Hyuna not to go.


A/n: Guess who's back back back, back again...

Ahhh I'm so so so sorry that it's been so long, too long, since I added to this story. It started off with my laptop breaking and there were just so many problems happening and I've been out of it for a bit. Things are a little better now but there's still quite a way to go.

But anyway, I want to thank everyone who has stayed subscribed to this story, I seriously really appreciate it. From now on I'm going to try to not be gone for so long. I WILL get this story finished one day. I'll start working on the next chapter so that I can get it up as soon as possible.

Big thank you to all of you once again. I'm glad to be back :)