Chapter 4

Keeping the Secret (On Hiatus)

The second half of this chapter's dialog is mainly going to be in Korean, and as I don't really want to keep on specifying who's speaking English and who's speaking Korean, Korean will be italicized and English will not.


"Hey Seungri," Alia called. Seungri looked up only to have a towel and clothes thrown in his face. "Your clothes are dry. Why don't you take a shower before your group gets here."

"Good idea," he replied. "I smell." He grabbed his clothes and the towels and headed to the bathroom.

"I'm going to treat your back when you get out of the shower so don't bother to put a shirt on!" Alia yelled through the door as she heard the water start running.

Eugene had gone out to grab a first aid kit so Alia was left alone for the time being. She started washing the dishes, looking at the clock every couple of minutes. She hoped that Eugene would hurry up, she didn't want to be in a situation where she was alone with Seungri when his managers came. Even if she had a 'boyfriend', she didn't think it would look too good being alone with the idol. Just as she put the last dish away the door beeped and Eugene arrived.

"This weather is just ridiculous!" Eugene fumed, brushing off snow from his head as he handed her the first aid kit. 

"Oh you big baby. Winter has too much snow, Summer is too hot." Alia teased.

"Ugh," Eugene plopped himself down on the sofa. "I just want a cool, cloudless day forever, is that too much to ask?"

Just then the bathroom door opened and Seungri stepped out, shirtless and toweling his hair. Eugene whistled and said something in Korean, pointing to Seungri's abs, causing the man to laugh and flex in response.

Alia felt her face heat up slightly as she looked at Seungri's body, but it quickly vanished when she saw his back.

"Yah! Mister muscles, stop showing off and come sit," she ordered pointing at the chair next to her.

Seungri obediently plopped down backwards on the chair, folding his arms on the chair back. He glanced backwards, watching her pull on gloves and place different bits of equipment on the table. "You know what you doing?" He asked.

"Yep, trust me. I was training to be a nurse for two years before I had to drop out."

"Why?"

There was a pause.

"My father got sick, I had to take care of him," she quietly responded. "He died."

"...I'm sorry."

"It's ok, I got to be with him before..." she trailed off. "Anyway, I know what I'm doing!" She surveyed his back, wincing a little at all the marks on it. Grabbing a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol she moved to start. "This is going to sting," she warned. "You ready?"

He nodded and she started dabbing at the deepest scratches. Hearing him wince and feeling him tense she apologized as she moved onto another scratch.

"Don't worry" he winced, "mine heal fast and I can hide them. Yours are more bad."

"Yea well this freezing weather is good for something at least. I can wear turtlenecks and not get weird looks."

Seungri laughed, "Seung-Hyun hyung wears turtlenecks in summer. He's crazy!"

They continued talking while Alia tended to Seungri's back. Eugene napping on the couch the whole time. Suddenly the doorbell rang, causing all of them to remember the mess that they were in.

"Eugene can you get it? I'm almost done here," Alia called as she put some antiseptic cream on one of the deeper scratches.

Eugene rolled off the couch, looked at the camera monitor and swore. "There's a lot more than I expected, be prepared guys." 

Alia felt Seungri stiffen as the door opened. "Don't worry," she whispered as she taped the last bit of gauze on his shoulder, "they won't find out, just stick to the story."

Seungri nodded and opened his mouth to respond when he was interrupted by a yell.

"Holy !"

They turned and saw the group filing into her apartment, spearheaded by who Alia assumed to be the managers and the rest of the band. The one who yelled making a b-line towards them.

"Hyung, I'm sorr-" Seungri started before a hand connected to the back of his head.

"What on earth were you thinking! What if you caused another scandal before the concert?"

"Hyung I-"

"Never mind. Are you ok? Are you hurt? Did they do anything to you?"

"I," he glanced at Alia. "No Hyung I'm ok, it's just my back but I got away before anything bad happened."

Noticing Seungri's glance at Alia the man turned towards her. 

"And who are you? What were you doing to our manake?"

Alia floundered, not prepared for the ice cold voice that was directed at her. But before she could say anything, a familiar hand wrapped around her waist. 

"I'd appreciate if you watched your tone with my girlfreind Jiyong-ssi. She is the one that took care of and patched up your manake after all." Eugene's voice was just as frosty as Jiyong's.

"Ji, clam down. They're not the enemy here." Another man stepped in, putting a hand on Jiyong's shoulder before turning to Alia and bowing. "Annyonghaseyo my name is Dong Youngbae."

"Ah," Alia glanced at Eugene before mumbling back, "Annyonghaseyo... Wu Alia Imnida," fumbling over the foreign words Eugene has taught her.

Eugene laughed, "Alia is Chinese-American. She speaks English and Chinese." he told the group.

"Oh hey!" Youngbae laughed reaching out to shake Alia's hand, "Sorry, nice to meet you, I'm Youngbae! or you can call me Taeyang if you like."

"I'll just use Youngbae if that's alright, nice to meet you." she responded, shaking his hand. 

"Ah I'm sorry for being rude earlier," Jiyong said after she finished with Youngbae. "I'm Bigbang's leader, G-Dragon but you can call me Jiyong." He bowed.

Bowing back she said, "I understand, you were worried. Seungri was very worried too. He insisted he didn't want to cause trouble and make a scandal." Looking over at Seungri she saw him smile and give a thumbs up. She was then introduced to the two other members of the group, Kang Daesung and Choi Seung-Hyun. 

Jiyong turned to Eugene, "I'm sorry about the way I acted earlier. It was unacceptable for me to speak to your girlfriend in such a way after you have helped my band member, please forgive me" he bowed.

Eugene waived it off, "Don't worry Jiyong-ssi, like Alia said you were worried I understand. I would react the same if It was Alia in Seungri's position."

Jiyong bowed again. "You can just call me Jiyong. But.. I'm sorry, you seem to know my name but... who are you?"

"Ah, sorry I never introduced myself. I am-"

"Lee Min-ki" Seung-hyun's deep voice cut in. "Lee Min-ki of Leetak Tec Corp, am I correct?"

Eugene smiled walking forward to clasp hands with Seung-hyun, "I'm surprised you remember me Seung-hyun-ssi. I do prefer to be called Eugene though. How is your hand?"

"It's fine now, thank you Eugene, and speak comfortably, there's no need for the ssi"

'Wait, hyung, you know him?" Daesung asked.

"Leetak Tec Corp?" Seungri asked.

Alia was completely lost. "Eugene what's going on?"

Eugene chuckled and looked down at Alia, "I met Seung-hyun on one of my business trips a couple of months ago. He was filming a movie my dad's company was sponsoring and I met him on set while I was there as a Leetak rep. The other members just found out I'm dirty stinking rich too." He winked.

"You mean I've been staying with a chaebol?" Seungri yelped.

Eugene burst out into laughter, "I'm not that great. I'm a third generation, second son. My hyung is the one that actually works at the company. I'm mostly left with the PR jobs that everybody else is too busy to do, like going to movie sets," he winked at Seung-hyun. "I just go to business school, run my clubs and be with my girlfriend and I like it that way. I'm nothing special, trust me.

Before anything else could be said one of the managers who had been looking over Seungri came to talk to Eugene.

"You're Mr. Lee correct? I'm Kim Jung Guen, Seungri's manager, we talked on the phone. Our trainer is just checking over Suengri now but I would like a word with you about what happened if that's alright."

"Of course," Eugene agreed before turning to Alia. "I'm going to talk to the manager, why don't you go see Seungri. He's being checked over by one of their people and you might be able to help." 

Turning around in his arms Alia looked up at him and nodded. before standing on her tiptoes to press a lingering kiss on his cheek, "Remember, slip up and we're dead," she whispered.

He chuckled and nodded. "Love you too," he replied before letting go of her and walking to the far side of the kitchen with the manager.

Alia and the rest of Bigbang made their way towards Seungri, settling down on chairs at the kitchen table.

"You must be Alia," the man attending to Seungri said. "I'm Hwangssabu, YG's Trainer and unofficial medic. You did a good job on these scratches, Suengri says you were a nurse?"

"Almost a Nurse," she corrected. "I had to leave school halfway through my undergraduate due to family reasons."

"Well Seungri says he's fine but I would just like to confirm what you think if that's alright?"

"Of course. Other than the scratches on his back there doesn't seem to be any other problems or wounds anywhere else. Umm," she blushed realizing how that could sound. "Eugene helped him change last night and he said he didn't see anything." she explained.

"And what about the drug? Seungri seems to believe that the girls slipped him something."

"Wait," Taeyang exclaimed, having the best English of the group, "You were drugged! Nobody told us that!"

"He was drugged?"  Jiyong shouted. "Shouldn't we take him to the hospital?"

"Hyungs, hyungs wait! I'm fine I promise, just listen to Alia please!" Seungri begged.

All eyes turned towards her as they waited for an explanation. Alia closed her eyes and prayed that they wouldn't find out she was lying. 

"According to the bartender, Seungri only a couple of sips of his drink last night, and only a few of those were after he met the crazy fans. His symptoms appeared after twenty minutes and were: apparent intoxication, sleepiness, confusion and dizziness. This causes me to believe that he was drugged with Roofies. Luckily with Roofies being a much milder drug than other club drugs; with only having a few sips of his drink, such a small dosage would quickly be out of his system and there is very little chance any harm has been done. When he woke up he displayed no ill side affects and no memory loss. He may be sleepy for the rest of the day though, so I suggest letting him rest if he feels like he's about to doze off."

Hwangsassbu frowned, looking over at Seungri. "Do you believe that it would be good for him to see a doctor?"

Alia hesitated, knowing she needed to be mostly truthful but at the same time, deter them from seeing a doctor. "Well, yes. Professional medical care is always recommenced when it comes to these situations but..." she paused, "Rohypnol is taken very seriously here in the states. If you take him to the hospital, an investigation might be launched and the media would definitely get wind of it. You would be required to stay in the area while they conducted the investigation, requiring your tour to be put on hold, or Seungri not participating while the rest of the members preformed."

"No!" Suengri cut in. "I'm good, she say I'm good. Sasaengs are gone, forget about it!"

Alia turned back to the trainer, "His heart rate, pupils and breathing are all normal. I can't detect any side effects. I would say that a doctor would be extra reassurance but not necessary. Monitor him for the rest of the day. Give him plenty of fluids, have him go to the bathroom regularly, maybe make him sweat a bit to get out anything lingering in his system;  other than that, there's nothing you really need to or can do since it's been so long since the drug was ingested. If he starts having difficulty breathing, vomiting, seizures or suddenly looses consciousness for no reason, take him to a hospital, but the chances of that happening are less than 0.5% in my opinion."

"If you're sure that it's not necessary and if it will cause as much trouble as you say to see a doctor; there is no point in stirring up more trouble." He nodded, "Thank you for your help Alia. I'll make sure to monitor his condition, maybe have him take a sauna when we get back to the hotel."

Alia shuffled awkwardly, trying not to let any of her relief show on her face. "Ah, don't mention it. I just wanted to help."

Hwangsassbu left to tell the managers the decision leaving Alia alone with the group. Watching awkwardly as they all fussed over Seungri, she fidgeted not knowing what to do. Finally she sighed and got up offering everybody water just to get away for a few moments. Walking over to the fridge she grabbed six bottles of water and brought them back to the table. Finally Eugene, Hwangsassbu and the mangers came over.

"Ok,"  Jung Geun said, "it looks like all of our schedules are still on. I've managed to push back the interview a half hour but we need to get Seungri ready now. The rest of you can just rest either here or in the vans while the coordinators fix him up."

The next half hour was one of the craziest Alia had ever seen, there were makeup and hair products everywhere. Clothes being tried on and flung around. People on phones, running in and out of her house talking in a mixture of Korean and English. Eugene and Seung-hyun were seated at the coffee table having a conversation in Korean while Alia sat with the rest of the boys on the couch. By the time they were ready to go they had learned some very creative phrases in Chinese and Alia learned some new swear words that even Eugene hadn't taught her. 

Eugene and Alia stood by the door as the giant group slowly trickled out of the apartment until it was just one manager and the group left. Eugene received handshakes from Jiyong, Deasung and Youngbae and hugs from Seungri and Seung-Hyun. Alia received hugs from all of the members and a phone number from Jiyong.

"I can't exactly give you my personal phone number but this is just a little thank you for taking care of the manake. It's my second number, I check it every couple of days so if your ever in Korea, leave me a message and I'll show you the studio." he grinned. 

Surprised and touched, Alia promised that she would call if she was ever in Korea. The last person to hug her was Seungri, and he did so very nervously.

"You'll keep the secret?" he whispered.

"Until the day I die." Alia promised before letting go and stepping back.

The manager stepped forward, "Thank you for all your help, Eugene-ssi, Aila-ssi."

'Don't mention it. If I find anything on the girls who attacked Seungri, I'll contact you right away."

"Thank you." The manager and Bigbang bowed, saying their last goodbyes as they finally left, closing the door behind them.

Alia and Eugene stared at the door for a full minute before sagging in relief and breaking out into giggles.

"I can't believe we did it," Alia laughed. "Ohmygod never again. I am never getting involved with a Kpop idol ever again. You Koreans are nuts!"

Eugene just flopped face first on the floor, "Why do you think I don't want to go back home? It's so much simpler here."

Alia collapsed down beside him. "Ugh I just want to sleep for a week."

"That sounds like a good idea," he agreed. "Lets go!" He suddenly pulled her off the floor and towards the bedroom.

"Eugene!" she yelped

"Your bed has fresh sheets, is closer than my apartment and I really don't want to sleep on the couch. Come on dongsaeng, all I want is a soft bed and twenty four hours of sleep."

Alia softened, "Alright I suppose I can give you that. But you start snoring and I will dump you outside in the snow."

He grinned, "Deal."

As soon as their heads hit the pillow Eugene started to snore, and Alia was in too deep of a sleep to even notice.


Whoooo, another long chapter! I'm not going to lie, I fudged some info on the Roofies since I don't know the normal procedures for dealing with date drugs in the States (I'm Canadian Eh!). Please subscribe and leave an upvote if you liked it and tell me what you think! I love comments, any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated (I'm not too confident in my writing or grammar skills so feel free to point out any errors you may find!)