Chapter 3

Keeping the Secret (On Hiatus)

Putting the eggs on a warming plate, Alia walked back to her kitchen table and sat down, staring at the celebrity sitting across from her. She watched as he blew on his hangover tea before speaking.

"So let me get this straight," she said again. "You're a celebrity in Korea, part of a band called The Big Bang"

"BigBang." He corrected.

"Right, BigBang. And your currently in hot water for sleeping with a girl in Japan."

"Yes."

"And if it got out that we..." she waived her hand in the air, "You'll be in even bigger ."

"Yes."

Dragging her hands over her face, Alia groaned. "Perfect, just what you need. Ok Seu..." Alia trailed off. "Wait, what do you want me to call you? You said your stage name was Seungri right? Do you prefer that or your real name?"

He chuckled. "Seungri is ok. Another member is Seung-Hyun too. It get confusing so I am Seungri, hyung is Seung-Hyun."

Alia nodded, "Ok then Seungri. So we just need to get you back to your band without anybody finding out I was involved right? That's simple enough."

"Uhhh," Seungri rubbed the back of head sheepishly. "I don't..." His brow scrunched as he tried to find the words. "I don't know what is my hotel."

"What? How can you not know where you're staying!" 

"Managers do everything. Booking, driving, checking in. I just follow directions and sleep!"

"Right," Aila groaned. "Korean celebrity, I forgot." 

"So what we do now?" Seungri asked, putting down his mug.

Alia hummed, putting her hands on her hips. "It looks like we're somehow going to have to get your company involved without tipping them off about what actually happened. You know your manager's phone number?"

Indignantly, Seungri crossed his arms. "Of course!" but he sighed and slouched, "but they won't answer if it's not my number."

"Well then we'll just use your phone." Alia countered.

He shook his head, "They're in my jacket-"

"Which is at the club. Of course why is this so diffi-" she paused. "No wait, this could work!" She gasped.

"What?"

Alia was pacing, talking a mile a minute. "I call Eugene in on his favour, he can be our alibi by being my boyfriend, he gets the phones
and helps translate the cover story of what happened when your people come to get you! Perfect!"

Seungri just sat, baffled at the sudden onslaught of English. "Wait, wait, wait! Slow please! I don't understand!" he shouted waving is hands.

"Don't worry, I'll explain when Eugene gets here." she said waving him off. "What does your coat and phone look like?"

"Uh, grey... Uh the small green bean? he stumbled.

"Small green bean? You mean a pea coat?"

"Yes! Grey peacoat with iPhone and Samsung Galaxy in pocket."

Alia raised an eyebrow, "Samsung and iPhone?"

Seungri just grinned cheekily, "Samsung is sponsoring our tour. But iPhone is better."

Laughing, she agreed. Picking up her landline she dialed a familiar number. 

"Ugh. What do want Alia?" Eugene's voice croaked.

"Eugene I need a favour."

"Can't it wait till later? I was up till 6 in the morning closing the club, I've barely got three hours of sleep."

"No it really can't. Look this is important, do me this favour and we'll call it even for you killing my bird."

She could hear the rustle of sheets as Eugene suddenly sat up in bed and let out a low whistle. "Lord what could be so bad that you forgive me for budgie? Which totally wasn't my fault by the way." he quickly added. "Don't tell me you killed somebody and I need to hide the body."

Alia scoffed, ignoring the denial over her bird. "Haha you're hilarious. I need you to go to The Heights and grab a grey peacoat from the coat check and bring it over here ASAP. It should have a Samsung Galaxy and an iPhone in the pockets. Whatever you do, don't turn on the phones." 

"And why shouldn't I turn on the phones?"

"Because you might get a bunch of angry Koreans on your ."

There was a slight pause and then a sigh. "You better explain everything when I get to your place."

Alia grimaced, "Just get over here quick... And be prepared to translate."

She quickly hung up before he could ask any more questions. Sighing she tuned back to Seungri who was watching her as he took a small sip of his tea.
"A friend of mine is going to come over with your stuff. He's Korean so he can help translate better because no offense, sometimes your English is..." She trailed off

Seungri just chuckled. "Bad? No worry I know, English is hard. Fans say my English 'Seungrish'."

Alia laughed at that. "Seungrish, that's perfect!"

The washer beeped and Alia transferred Seungri's clothes to the dryer before grabbing the toast that had just finished toasting and separated the eggs onto three plates, leaving one in the oven to keep warm for Eugene when he got there.

Sliding a plate across to her guest she sat down and bit into a piece of toast. They sat in comfortable silence for fifteen minutes, the sound of cutlery and filled the apartment until Seungri excused himself to use the bathroom. Just as he locked the bathroom door the tell tail beeping of her front door being unlocked sounded and the door swung open to reveal a giant... snowman? Wrapped in a giant coat, scarf, hat and covered in snow, Eugene entered Alia's apartment.

Brushing the snow off his shoulders he glared at her, "I can't believe the weather outside, its a freaking blizzard! Why did you make me do this? Here's you're stupid coat." He chucked it at her and turned around to remove his shoes and outerwear. "And yes I checked, the phones are in there. Now where is the guy you slept with so we can get him out of here. And don't you deny it." He said, spinning around after removing all his snow encrusted clothes and wagging a finger in her direction. "That's a mans coat, and a very nice one at that. Plus I can see those hickeys on your neck."

Alia quickly clapped a hand over her neck, having completely forget about them. 

"Now seriously, where is the guy? I wanna get him out of here so I can get me a hot cup of..." he trailed off hearing the toilet flush and Seungri came out moments later. Everyone was frozen as Eugene looked back and fourth from Alia to Seungri then lastly a quick glance to the open curtains. With a quick muttered "." he flew into a frenzy.

Whirling over to the curtains he yanked them shut with one hand while removing his sweater with the other. "Alia you go to your closet right now and get that big cream turtle neck sweater I bought you and put it on. And you," he said turning towards the still frozen star, eyes running over his body. "I'm assuming you don't have any clothes since your wearing mine?" 

Seungri blinked at the revelation that this man, who had the key code to Alia's apartment, also bought her clothes and left some of his own behind. Remembering that Alia had said 'Eugene' and 'Boyfriend' in the same sentence earlier, his eyes went wide. Realizing that he could be in bigger with this guy than he was probably going to be with his company. 

Before he could have a mini freak out Alia stepped out of her closet, clothed in a nice, covering sweater.

"His clothes are in the wash Eugene. You didn't think I'd let him wear clothes that stunk of booze did you?" She asked and turned to Seungri. "And don't mind him, he's not my boyfriend if that's what you're worried about. He's my Ex, but he's more like an annoying brother." She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at the taller man, who mimicked the action before sighing throwing his sweater towards the pop star, leaving him in just a black long sleeve shirt.

"Put that on." he said, surprising Seungri by speaking in Korean. "You of all people should realize how stupid it is for you to be wandering around, shirtless, in a girls apartment with the blinds open after going clubbing where anybody could have seen you two going home together."

"Yes." Seungri replied, looking down in shame as this man he just met gave him a lecture that rivaled one of Ji-yongs. 

Eugene sighed, scrubbing his hands over his face, "Tell me, what is the first thing you learn about your private lives before you debut."

"We have no private lives anymore. The fans will want to learn everything about us and some will do anything to do it." he murmured.

"Exactly. You were lucky, if nothing has appeared online yet it probably means that nobody recognized you. But that doesn't change the fact that you not only endangered your career, again-"

Seungri flinched at that, while this Eugene seemed to know about him, he had been hoping that he wouldn't know about his recent... Events.

"-but you put an innocent women in the line of fire. If the netizens found out about this, it wouldn't only be you going down. They would have ripped her to shreds. She's not a model, or a singer, or an actress. She can't just go do some self reflection and come back to her life a couple months later. She's a normal girl with a normal life that would have probably been ruined for something she had no idea was wrong."

"Yes." Seungri whispered again, his head still facing the floor.

The apartment was silent as tension filled the air.

"Um, hello! Non-Korean speaker here!" The palpable tension from the scolding was suddenly broken. "I would appreciate a translation" Alia huffed, crossing her arms.

Eugene chuckled, moving to ruffle her hair. "Just being a good 'oppa' and scolding him. You know, defending your purity and all." Alia batted his hands away and scoffed.

"Lighten up Eugene, it wasn't his fault." She walked to where Eugene's sweater was thrown and picked it up, offering it to Seungri. "Hey," she said. "Come on, don't look so down! It was a mistake, everyone makes mistakes and we're going to make sure that nobody finds out ok? No harm done."

Seungri looked up and nodded, offering a quiet "Thank you." as he reached out to take the shirt.

"You have a plan?" Eugene asked.

Alia nodded. "Yep but lets sit down first. You're gonna need to explain it to Seungri too."

They all moved to the table and resumed eating as Alia explained her idea to Eugene, who in turn explained it to Seungri in Korean.

"What do you think?" Alia asked.

Eugene nodded, swallowing a bite of toast. "It's pretty solid, but lets add in that we saved him from some crazy fans as well."

"What? Why?"

Eugene raised an eyebrow, "How else do you wanna explain the way you shredded up his back? He's got some nice scratch marks there, though you're marked a lot worse"

Alia and Seungri flushed bright red and looked away from each other. Coughing, Alia quickly brought the subject away from them.

"Ok so the story is that we," she motioned to herself and Eugene, "are a couple. Seungri went to the club to have a drink since he was stressed about his concert when he was recognized by some crazy fans and they slipped something in his drink. We were at the club last night when we noticed that you seemed really drunk was being mobbed by a group of girls."

Eugene cut in, "I recognized you as Seungri from Bigbang and being the owner of the club, was able to get the girls to leave and delete any evidence they had of you being drunk. It was only after the bartender told us that you hadn't even finished your first drink that we realized you had probably been drugged."

"I was confused and scared by the Sasaeng's attack so I couldn't remember how to get back to the hotel." Seungri added.

"We wanted to take you to the police but you refused, babbling about the media and scandals. So we, being good citizens, brought you back to our place to spend the night since we lived close by. Seungri left his phones in the club and we weren't able to get them back until now, which is why we didn't call sooner." Alia finished.

Eugene nodded, "Perfect. I'll call Jerry and whoever was tending the bar last night to have them back up our story just in case, then Seungri and I will go phone his manager. Alia, you get out the extra futon to make it look like that's where he slept and then make the place look more like I live here too."

They went off to do their jobs. Alia could hear the two men talking in quiet Korean while pulling out the futon and making it look slept in before moving to the bathroom to pull out Eugene's spare toiletries and put them on the counter. She suddenly jumped, startled by a sudden loud angry voice. Poking her head out of the bathroom she winced as she saw Seungri leaning away from the voice screaming out of the phone. Glad she was not on the receiving end of that she headed around the apartment, putting some pictures and clothes here and there, giving it a little 'Eugene' touch.

Returning to the kitchen she found both men sitting at the table, looking slightly ruffled from the ordeal.

"So was it a success?"

"Yep, just a little unexpected." Eugene replied, rubbing his eyes. "Obviously the managers were pissed, but when they heard he was attacked they were less angry and more panicked. Seungri's reassurances hopefully stopped them from having a hernia though."

"So what now?"

"Well, Seungri here forgot that his group has an interview for MTV today at One."

"Yah! I was drunk its not my fault!"

"What! But it's Eleven now!" Alia exclaimed.

"Yep, so it looks like to be on time they're going to have to prep him here. Which means that you're soon going to have Korea's hottest boyband in you house. Congratulations, You're living every fangirls dream!"

Alia just blinked. "Of course," she sighed, not even surprised anymore. Walking to grab her phone, she needed to inform the doorman not to be concerned when a large group of Koreans eventually showed up.


See, I promised this chapter would be a lot longer than the last one! Bigbang is appearing next, so look forward to that! Please subscribe and leave an upvote if you like the story so far and tell me what you think! I love comments and any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. (I'm not too confident in my writing or grammar skills so feel free to point out any errors you may find!)