final

First

 

a/n: Hello~ it's been a while since i wrote my last LayHan fic ^^ But I'm glad I can write one

So, If you read my XiuHo fic DETENTION,

This is how LayHan met :D

I hope it's not that bad, but keep expectation on the low >_<

 

 

 

 

Minseok watched in disbelief as Luhan, who was sitting on the bed in the school clinic, stuffed a clean tissue into his nose, in attempt to stop blood flowing through it, "That locker was literally inanimate," he stated in the matter of fact.

"I know..." Luhan would roll his eyes if he wasn't in the middle of trying to save his blood.

"And it was like, twice bigger than you." Minseok continued, ignoring the fact that his best friend's nose is still in need of care.

"I know, Minseok! Now can you just help me and bring me more tissue here?" Luhan had lost his patience, he didn’t usually lose it though, just saying.

Minseok got up from his seat to grab a box of tissue from the clinic's cabinet and hand it to Luhan who mumbled a sharp 'thank you' before snatching it from Minseok's hand. "You seriously need to watch where you walk next time!" Apparently Minseok hadn't finished yet.

Luhan was about to retaliate when the clinic's door suddenly opened in a harsh way, making him snapped his head up too fast, which, he regretted a second too late because his head suddenly felt dizzy, from the sudden movement. "Oh my God.." He whispered as he grabbed the back of his own neck and massaged it to ease the pain away.

"You okay?" Minseok asked worriedly (finally) when he saw Luhan's cringing face, before helping him massaging the back of his neck. "What was that for?" He asked to the person who opened the door as if he wanted to break it, "It's a freaking clinic, not a night club! You don't need a grand entrance!"

"I'm so sorry!" The person apologized, "I really need a quick care for this," he said as he pointed to his own nose that was at the same state as Luhan's if not worse.

Luhan lifted his face slowly to face the intruder, "It's alright," he said with a bitter smile, "But the nurse isn't here, she had something to do — somewhere," Luhan shrugged, not really remember what the nurse said to him earlier. "She told me to sit and keep my head down, pinching the bridge of my nose while stuffing tissue into it. Maybe you should do the same too?" He finished with a slight tilt to his head.

The intruder was just standing there in the middle of the clinic, staring at Luhan with a slightly opened mouth as if he was just seeing the most beautiful view in his life. But not for long because Minseok just had to say something, "Are you just going to stand there like an idiot or what?" He said, not really in a nice manner, but how nice someone can be when they call someone else an 'idiot'?

 

==========

 

"I'm Yixing." The intruder, Yixing, introduced himself to Luhan when it was just the two of them in the clinic. Minseok went back to the class already, leaving the two of them in a rather awkward silence before Yixing decided to say something.

Luhan wanted to say that he knew who he was, because, well, who didn't know Yixing, the captain of the dance team, one the most wanted boy in that school. But he decided to not to, because he didn't want Yixing to think that he paid too much attention or anything. "I'm Luhan." Luhan answered simply with a friendly smile.

"How pretty." Yixing whispered under his breath.

"Excuse me?"

"No! Nothing." Yixing said quickly, quietly praying that Luhan didn't hear what he just said. "Are you a second year? Because I believe you aren’t first year student." He asked instead.

Luhan nodded slowly, afraid that it might hurt his head again if he moved it too fast, “Yes, I’m a second year student.”

It was silent again. The two of them wanted to say something just to make the situation less awkward, but none of them knew what to say, so it was somehow became more awkward. Luhan was just sitting there on his bed, biting his lips as his habit, and staring at his toes as he wriggled them. While Yixing silently stealing glances, he tried to tell himself to stop being creepy though, but to him, Luhan was just too distracting.

“What happened to your nose?” Yixing finally asked, in attempt to not only get rid of the awkward situation, but also to somehow make a connection between them, because, both of them were having nosebleed, so there’s that. Stupid, he knew.

“I—walk on to a locker,” Luhan said, embarrassed by his own clumsiness, making his fair cheek tinted with adorable shade of pink. It took every nerve on Yixing’s entire being to not squeal at the sight. “I—can be so clumsy, at times—often, actually. I didn’t see where I was walking. And you? What happened to your nose?” Luhan asked back, as he finally looking up at Yixing.

Yixing scratched the back of his neck and flashed his infamous dimpled smile, “One of my friends punched me—”

“Oh my God!” Luhan gasped, and his deer like eyes went twice bigger than the original size.

“It was an accident! We were playing around, and somehow that happened.” Yixing explained.

“Oh.”

Yixing bit his lips before he braved himself to ask the next question, “Was that your... boyfriend, earlier?”

Luhan’s eyes rounded again at the unexpected question, “Wha—No! He’s not. He’s my best friend.”

“Thank God!” Yixing whispered to himself.

“What?” Luhan asked as he thought he heard something.

“Nothing!”

 

=========

 

Yixing peeked trough the door of class 2-B, staring at the back of Luhan’s head as the owner of the head sat on the table and talking to some of his other friends. To be honest, Yixing didn’t quite sure why he was there, acting like a creepy stalker and just watching at someone’s head. He was sure he didn’t have that kind of hobby before, but after he met Luhan in the school clinic few days before, he couldn’t stop thinking about him, and it was driving him insane. That was why that morning he decided to find out more about Luhan, by following him to his class. Not exactly a normal way, but, let’s just do that for then.

His detective act was soon interrupted as someone tapped Yixing’s shoulder from behind, making him turning his entire body with an inhuman speed, “Steam bun...” He mumbled when he saw the person who tapped his shoulder. It was just Minseok, really.

“What?” Minseok asked as he wasn’t quite sure whether if Yixing actually called him steam bun or something else.

Yixing was kind of shocked with his own words, “Nothing!” He tried a damage control and soon changed the object, “Aren’t you... Luhan’s friend from the other day?” He asked instead.

“Luhan? Yeah, I’m his friend.” Minseok said as he tried to remember the person in front of him. “You are that weird person who also had a nosebleed. I remember you. What are you doing here? Aren’t you a first year?”

“I—don’t exactly know what I am doing here, honestly.” Yixing scratched the back of his neck, as a habit of him.

Minseok looking at Yixing as if he was a criminal, “Don’t tell me you are stalking Luhan.” He said accusingly.

“I’m not!” Yixing answered and raised his hand in a surrender position.

Minseok was about to interrogate Yixing further when the bell rang, and before he had the chance to say anything, Yixing ran to his class.

“What happened? You look weird.” Luhan asked worriedly when Minseok already seated on his seat beside him.

“I just—I met a really weird person this morning, that’s all, nothing big.” Minseok answered with a shrug of his shoulder and digging through his bag to find his English book.

Luhan gasped, “You need to be careful! There are all kinds of weird people out there these days! Stalker, underwear thief, con man, flasher... ” Luhan listed while counting with his fingers.

“Maybe you need to be careful too.” Minseok cut, and Luhan just nodded in reply.

 

=========

 

Yixing peeked trough the space between the book in the library and staring at the side of Luhan’s face (fortunately not the back of his head this time). He didn’t even think when he decided to follow Luhan into the library when he saw the second year student went there with Minseok. But there he was, watching him like a stalker in between the book.

“Are you sure you are not stalking him?” A, somehow, familiar voice shocked Yixing, making him almost knocked the bookshelf down.

“Oh my God! Steam Bun! Stop shocking the living out of my soul!” Yixing clutches his chest.

“Then stop stalking him!” Minseok gave him a solution.

Yixing put a dumb facade, “Him? Who?” He asked as if he didn’t know who Minseok was talking about.

Minseok rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, “That black haired second year male student that have a creepy resemblance with a deer and goes with the name of Luhan? That him?”

Yixing tried to looked calm, “What are you talking about? This is a library, I’m allowed to go to this library because I need a book, and not because I want to stalk Luhan.”

Minseok averted his gaze to the big label on the top of the bookshelf that reads “CRAFTING”, and back to Yixing, “What book you could possibly need?” He asked.

“Uhh... This! This one!” Yixing grabbed a random book from the shelf, not even bother to check what kind of book he grabbed.

“’101 Crochet Creation’?” Minseok read out loud, almost bursting into a pile of laughter.

Yixing flipped the book and soon regretted his choice, “Why? I can have a hobby too!” He said and stomped his way away from Minseok who was starting to laugh silently.

“What took you so long? Can you find the book?” Luhan asked once Minseok back to their table.

“I was helping someone to find a book,” Minseok answered as he put the History of Korea book in front of Luhan, “He needed a book about crocheting. Here is the History book.”

Luhan tilted his head like what he always does when he confused, “Crocheting? What an interesting hobby.” He chirped.

“Mhmmmmm...” Minseok hummed, “Interesting indeed,” He said as he flipped trough the History book. Little did they know, Yixing was still spying from different bookshelf.

 

========

 

Minseok stayed late at school because Mr. Kim gave him a two hour detention for sleeping in the class, after Ms.Jung sent him to his office. He was in a hurry because he needed to go to his workplace, but a voice stopped him midway. “Steam bun!” The voice called. He was about to ignore it, because he didn’t feel that he had anything to do with whoever shouting a steamed food. But then he kind of remember that there was this weird boy who always blurted out the said food whenever he met him. He stopped his step and turned around to, expectedly, greeted by the sight of someone running towards him, it was Yixing, of course.

“What did you just called me?” Minseok asked when Yixing stopped a few feet in front of him.

Yixing put both of his hand on his waist and tried to catch some breathe, “Sorry! I always forgot to ask your name,” He said breathlessly, “What’s your name?”

Minseok contemplated between telling this weir boy his name or being called steam bun and decided to just give him his name, because, he didn’t think he looked like a steam bun for real, “Minseok.”

Yixing froze for a moment when he heard about Minseok’s name, “Minseok? Kim Minseok? That Kim Minseok?” He asked.

“Yeah, why? What did you hear about me?” Minseok questioned back, because he knew he didn’t exactly have a good reputation at that school, “Did they tell you that I killed someone?”

Yixing shocked by the question, “No! That was not what I heard. Wait, have you?”

“Well, I’m about to if you don’t just tell me what you want because I need to go soon!” Minseok said as he crossed his arms on his chest.

“Alright, don’t kill me, I’ll make it quick! Can you give me Luhan’s phone number?” Yixing praying in his heart that Minseok didn’t actually kill him.

Minseok looking at Yixing with a questioning look, “Why should I?”

Yixing took a deep breath, “I think you already know by now that I, like Luhan. Really like him. And, I just wanted to know about him better and... You know what I mean!” He tried to explain, but kind of failed, since Minseok’s face still hadn’t change from his questioning expression.

“Why should I trust you, exactly?”

Yixing sighed and scratched his head, “I don’t know... I just—I can’t get him out of my head, and it’s silly because all I know about him is his name,” he paused, “and his friend, that is you. I want to know more about him and all, but I don’t even have the guts to approach him first, because I know I wouldn’t be able to say anything if I stand in front of him. That’s why I asked for your help, because I think I can talk better when I don’t have to see his face. So please, before I’m going crazy.”

Minseok contemplating in his head whether if it would be a good idea to just give him Luhan’s number, because, he also know almost nothing about Yixing. But then again, at least he never heard any ill rumor about him either, so he went by his gut feeling and wished for the best, “Alright, I’ll give you his number, BUT, God forbid, if you tried to hurt him by any way, I’ll drag you to the hell myself!”

 

==========

 

Luhan was just rolling around in his bed, reading a comic book and eating chips when his phone rang. When he finally succeeds reaching out for his phone under one of his pillow, he creased his eyebrows as his phone flashing an unknown number. “Hello?” He decided to just answer it anyway. “Hellooooo?” He said again after a few seconds without reply from the other line.

“He—hello..!” The person from the other line finally answering, “Is—is this Luhan?” The person asked.

“Yes, who is this?” Luhan asked back, still confused but nicely.

“Er... This is Yixing, do you remember me? That person who got a nosebleed at the same time with you like—like, a month ago?” Yixing was obviously nervous by the way he talked.

Luhan widen his eyes and changed into sitting position, crossing his leg and hugging one of his pillows. Of course he remember Yixing, how could he forgot him, he was surprised, pleasantly surprised at the fact that Yixing called. “Yes! Yes, I do remember,” He finally said something after he was over with his initial shock and confusion, “How—How could you have my number?”

“I asked your friend, Minseok? The one that look like a steamed bun,” Yixing paused when he heard Luhan chuckled, he thought he was going to faint, “Please don’t be mad at him for giving me your number, I was the one who insisted him.” Yixing didn’t know that Luhan was actually planning to treat Minseok bubble tea for a week, for giving Yixing his number.

“Oh no, it’s alright,” Luhan tried to remained calm, “So, is there anything I can help you with?”

In his room, Yixing was sitting on the floor, knees folded to his chest as he bit his lips, he squeezed his eyes and crossed his finger before answering, “I’m wondering, if... if I can walk you home tomorrow? And—and maybe, I can treat you some ice cream?”

Luhan was thiiiiiiis close to squeal in glee when Yixing said that, he took one deep breath to calm himself, “Sure! We—we can do that.”

“So, I’ll wait you by the gate tomorrow?”

“Yeah, by the gate tomorrow.”

 

==========

 

Luhan bit his lips and his hands tightly grabbing the sling of his bag as he walked to the gate after school the next day. He already told Minseok that Yixing asked him to walk him home that day, and Minseok just shook his head and told him to be careful. Luhan loved Minseok so much, because even though he knew that Minseok worried about him, he still appreciated his decision.

From afar, Luhan could see Yixing leaning on the school gate while biting his nails, and Luhan was kind of feeling giddy, because apparently he wasn’t the only one who was nervous about that date. Wait, date? Could he call it a date?

“Yixing?” Luhan called out when he was close enough for Yixing to hear him.

Yixing whipped his head towards Luhan’s direction in an embarrassing speed and gave him a nervous smile, complete with the dimple, “Hey, Luhan!”

Luhan breathed out, “Hey! How long have you been waiting?” He asked to get rid of the awkward situation a little.

“No, not at all!” Yixing flailed his hand, “So, can we go now? Uhm—to the ice cream shop? Or, wherever you want to go.” He wished he didn’t sound so dumb.

Luhan nodded his head shyly, “Ice cream sounds good, ice cream always sound good.” He flashed a smile that made Yixing learned how his eyes crinkled when he smiled, and Yixing loved that already.

 

==========

 

Yixing put two small bowl of ice cream on a table for two where Luhan patiently waited for him. Luhan ordered Choco Mint and Strawberry Cheesecake with mini marshmallow for the topping, while Yixing got himself Vanilla and Green Tea with dried fruits topping.

“Thank you!” Luhan said as Yixing hand him his spoon before started digging into the treat.

There was this silence where both of them were desperately wanted to talk but none of them knew what to talk about, and none of them also think that talking about weather was too lame.

“So,” Luhan started, and Yixing almost sighed in relieve that Luhan finally began to talk, “I heard you were on the dance team?”

Yixing nodded as he tried to swallow the cold treat inside his mouth before answering, “Yes, that’s my hobby. My mom used to say that I danced ever since I was still in her womb.” He smiled sheepishly.

Luhan chuckled while still biting his spoon, “So that means you already dancing for... sixteen years?” He asked again. The conversation started to flow.

“No,” Yixing shook his head, “I’m seventeen years old this year, actually. I took a break from school for a year after middle school.” He added when Luhan gave him a questioning look.

“Why?”

Yixing’s expression changed, not into a sad one, but he looked like he was thinking, trying to remember pieces of memories and connect them into a proper storyline, and choose where to start to explain them to Luhan, “After my middle school graduation, I was got into an accident, and hospitalized for a while.”

Luhan gasped, “Was that bad?”

“Well, that was pretty bad. But I’m alive aren’t I?” Yixing smiled again, “The doctor told me that I probably wouldn’t be able to walk again, let alone dancing. But I told them, that I’ll be able to walk in three months. I succeed in two.” He said proudly, “And I’m still dancing today, better than before.” There was this certain spark in Yixing’s eyes when he talked about dancing, Luhan notice, and it made Luhan smiled too. “And you? What do you like to do?” Yixing asked Luhan, genuinely curious.

“Uhmmm—” Luhan took a marshmallow and pop it into his mouth, “I like soccer! Me and Minseok play together when he’s not really tired on the weekend.”

“We can play together too sometimes.” Yixing offered.

Luhan blushed at the offer, because that means, Yixing wanted to spend more time with him, “Do you like soccer too?”

“I play soccer with my friends sometimes, but I’m bad at it. Maybe you can teach me to play?”

“Sure,” Luhan breathed out, “Let’s play together some time.” He agreed before they fell into silence again, but that time, it was a lot more comfortable than before.

“Uhm—Yixing?” Luhan called out after a moment.

Yixing looked up to Luhan’s eyes, giving him all the attention he wanted, “Yes?”

Luhan looked nervous and his cheeks turned into crimson red as he played with his spoon, “Is—is this a date? Are you taking me to a date?” He nervously asked, but he wanted to know.

“Oh—” Yixing scratched the back of his neck shyly too, “That—How about you decide? Later, you can decide whether if this is a date or no.”

Luhan seemed to taken aback by Yixing’s answer. Yixing let him decide whether if that was a date or no? So, his opinion matters, right? But he just nodded his head slowly in respond.

“Do you want to try this?” Yixing lifted his spoon in front of Luhan, “Their Green Tea ice cream is really good!” He added.

Luhan felt his cheeks burned but still giving his best smile before accepting Yixing’s offer.

They went to the game center after then, playing air hockey and few rounds of basket ball game, they also having fun hitting the mice head, and Yixing even got Luhan a small bear key chain from the fishing machine (that Luhan hung on his bag until today).

Not missing the street snacks, they visited a food car that sells spicy rice cake and all kind of other snacks. The owner, an old lady in her sixties blurted out, “You two are pretty couple!” Making them awkwardly said 'Thank you' but none of them said they were not a couple (yet). Lastly, they dropped by a pet shop where they played with some puppies from the glass cage and Luhan bought some food for his hamsters at home (Minnie and Hannie, yes they were named after his own name and Minseok’s).

 

========

 

“Thanks for today. It was fun!” Luhan said when they finally arrived in front of his house, after Yixing walked him there.

“Well, thanks to you too,” Yixing chuckled, “Your house seems so quite.” He continued in wonder.

“Ah, my mom is a nurse, she’s working night shift today.” Luhan explained.

Yixing nodded his head understandingly, “And your dad?”

Luhan smiled a bitter smile, “My dad passed away when I was eight, from a heart disease.”

“I’m so sorry.” There was this hint of guilt in Yixing’s voice as he felt like it was inappropriate to ask such question to Luhan.

“It’s alright, at least I have good memories with him.” Under the minimum light on the street, Yixing can see this glint in Luhan’s eyes, a sign that Luhan was indeed grateful of his memories with his dad, but also a spark of sadness knowing that his dad wasn’t there with him.

Yixing offered his warm smile, “Yeah, you’re right. I believe he’s watching over you still.” There was a small silence after Yixing said that, before he decided to change the mood and asked the question he was dying to ask, “So, was that a date?”

Luhan who was almost forgot about that matter looked kind of shocked by the question, making his eyes rounded. His brain spinning in a full speed to compose a proper answer, but somehow the only thing that came out was , “Y—yes—that—that was a date.” He stuttered shyly.

Yixing’s smile grew wider, “That’s great!” He wasn’t able to hide his happiness, “So, I—I need to head home now.” He actually still wanted to spend more time with Luhan, but he believed Luhan was tired and needed rest. Beside, he didn’t think it was appropriate to ask Luhan to invite him inside on their first date. “It’s safe here, right?” He suddenly remember that Luhan had to stay at home alone.

“Yeah, I’m used to it already, and the neighbors here are really nice, I can ask them for help if I need one.” Luhan assured.

“Alright then, so, goodnight Luhan!”

Luhan felt like someone just threw a bowl of hot water to his face when he felt something soft on his cheek and realized a split second later that that was Yixing planting a small kiss on his left cheek. “Stay safe.” He heard Yixing whispered before he stepped back. A small “Sure” was the only respond Luhan could manage to give, because he felt like his brain froze in shock and just shut down. Their first date ended with Luhan’s first reply, to Yixing’s first text message that night, saying “Sleep well” to each other. And that was just the story of their first date, the first of many more.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: So~ I really hope it wasn't that bad.. I didn't think much when I wrote that, I was just happy I can write LayHan xD

Comment if you will~