Chapter 3

The Directions to Your Heart

*Flashback*

Following a grueling morning of endless practice and lessons, all the YG trainees (along with Big Bang, who have debuted) were gathered in the cafeteria enjoying a well-deserved meal. TOP spooned rice into his mouth while grinning at a joke Seungri made. However, he almost spits the rice out immediately after sticking it in his mouth. No, the rice did not taste horrible. Instead, this reaction was evoked by the sight of a girl walking into the cafeteria. A girl with a uniquely beautiful face and mile-long, milky legs.

‘Who is that?’ He wondered, ‘A new trainee? Or maybe a stylist? Her looks definitely look like those of an idol, or maybe more like a doll.’ 

The other Big Bang members noticed the new face walking in too, but they just looked away and continued eating their food. Not TOP. He discreetly glanced over at her while she stood in the food line next to another female trainee, Sandara Park.

“Oh, Bommie! Have you heard about the food here before? It’s so delicious…because it’s free for us trainees! Just kidding – it’s free, but it really is yummy,” Dara explained while making large gestures.

“Ah, of course! Why else would I audition to YG?” Bom cutely replied, slightly leaning her body back to face Dara.

“Yah! Did you come onto my YG CEO just for his food? I will punish you!” Dara jokingly made a catfight gesture with a scrunched up face.  

“Hey, Seunghyun. What do you think?” Taeyang asked him.

TOP redirected his attention to the boys sitting around him. Of course, he had no idea what Taeyang was asking about.

“…”

“What do I think about what?”

“Who do you think YG will get to sing the female part in Jiyong’s new song for us?”

“You mean ‘We Belong Together’?”

“Yeah. I mean it can’t be one of the female trainees. CL’s specialty is rapping, Minzy’s specialty is dancing, and Dara’s specialty is acting and variety, but there’s not a strong singer among them yet.”

“Obviously, YG will pick me,” TOP joked in a high-pitched voice. He puffed out his chest and wiggled towards Jiyong, who was sitting next to him, “Right, oppa?”

Jiyong smiled and pushed TOP’s chest away from him, “I’m going to need to file a restraining order.”

TOP crossed his hands over his chest and pretended to be offended. The rest of the group laughed and they all went back to eating.

‘I wonder who’s actually going to sing with us…’

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*A couple of days later*

Jiyong strides into Big Bang’s practice room and lies down on the bench on the side.

He casually mentions, “Guys, we’ve got a female singer for We Belong Together.”

The others halt their practicing.

“Really?!?”

“Who?”

“Is it a debuted idol?”

“Is it SNSD?” asked Seungri.

Jiyong gets up and throws his hoodie onto Seungri’s head.

“No. It’s a new trainee. She’s going to be part of that new girl group, 2ne1. Her name’s Park Bom.”

TOP face lights up in recognition. He remembers Dara’s conversation with that doll girl from the cafeteria, ‘Bommie’.

Immediately, he asks, “Will we get to meet her?”

“Well, yeah. She’s going to be filming the MV with us. I’m going to be recording and practicing acting with her the next couple of days.”

“Ooooh… is she good-looking?” Seungri asks stupidly. Jiyong’s hoodie is still slung over his head.

“How would I know? I haven’t met her yet. YG told me the news, but never introduced me. Tomorrow I’ll tell you how it goes.”