Chapter 6: Bad Ji Hyo

I've Met My Angel

As day by day goes… JiHyo getting bored being unemployed. So she started searching for a new job trough a newspaper. As soon as she found a suitable job, she quickly call the numbers shown in that newspaper. One job offer attracts her attention – as an assistant in a saloon. Not waiting any longer, she called her soon-to-be new boss..

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo… My name is Song JiHyo… Is this is Byul’s saloon? I would like to talk to Miss Byul, please…”

Yes… And my name is Byul… Can I help you?”

“I am looking for a job vacancy… I saw it on the newspaper advertise…”

“ohh.. JiHyo-shi, yes… My saloon needs a worker… Currently, I am managing this saloon alone… Okay, for your interview session, just come to my saloon tomorrow, 8.00 am.. Make sure that you bring along your resume… and one more thing, do you mind if I ask you to start working right away?”

“Okay… I am okay with that..”

“Good… so see you tomorrow…”

“ohhh,,, of course… kamsahamida~..”

JiHyo hang up the phone with a big success… “YEAY!!! I’VE GOT A JOB!!!”

 

The next morning… JiHyo set off to the address confidently… mostly because this job is match perfectly with her personality and passion… She loves to try out a new hair design and match it with one’s personality… To be short… this is the best she can do rather than being involved in a corporate world, like her stepfather asked her to.

Finally, JiHyo had interviewed successfully… She had a great time with her new boss and started her new job happily… Byul and her communicate so well, they become more to friends than boss-employee like.

After her first day at work ended, she decides to cook something special as an appreciation to Ji Min. So she went to a nearby supermarket to buy the ingredients for kimchi soup… However, when she reached her apartment, it’s so unlucky for her that the elevator is broken down due to some technical problems… she have no choice left unless to take the stairs up to level 18… on the middle of it, she bumped into someone that drives her nuts….

“Yah!!! Are you blind or what??” JiHyo is really angry with that person… She’s not only mad because he caused her to stop her long way, but then that accident also caused JiHyo’s favorite pickle to spill up… “Ahhh… jinja!! My pickles…You!!”

“I’m…. really sorrrry… Come, let me help you…” Jong Kook felt so bad… He rushed to pick up Lizzy at her workplace, never thought that he would bump with JiHyo at this moment…

“Really…you want to help me? Now, take this and bring it all the way to my house!!” JiHyo gave all the things that she bought to Jong Kook… it is your fault to bump into me with this condition… serve you right!!

Ji Hyo quickly walks upstairs and leaving Jong Kook alone… She suddenly yelled and makes him shocked, “Yah!! Palli! What do you looking at?? Bring that thing to my home and pay back for my pickles, too…”

Aish… Bad luck of the day… I need to go up to level 18 and going down again,, what the…

As they arrived at Ji Hyo’s home… She yelled again to make Jong Kook arrived faster… “Yah!! Pali!!” she yelled again and again…

Jong Kook just followed JiHyo’s order… He doesn’t want to create a scene at this night… Furthermore, he thinks that this will be a chance for him to know her better… Or may be not……

“There you are… uhuk,uhuk” ( coughing and sweating non-stop)

“Now, pay for my pickles…”

“Aishhhh…. Yeah.. How much is it?”

“20,000 won, please…” She said it confidently… Jong Kook seems shocked… yah,yah… how come that thing priced 20,000 won… “Mwuh ragoo??”

“20,000 won!! Just pay for it, will you??”

Jong Kook finally explodes, “Yah…. That’s so expensive for a pickle, don’t you think?”

“That is my favorite… Please pay so I can buy more… I’m not gonna buy a little for my fav ones… Come on… Just pay for it…”

“SHIRO~” Jong Kook says, just to test her patience…

“Yah!! Just pay for it!!!”

Oops… Looks like she can’t handle her patience anymore…

“Arasoo… Here 20,000 won”

She quickly took the money and her things back… And then she hurriedly get into her house, leaving Jong Kook alone… She also gives him a present, slammed door sounds…

“Aishh… Jinja?? Not even thanks?? Yah!! I’m dying here….” Jong Kook complains… But that means nothing as any further reaction from Ji Hyo’s side… Giving up, he finally set off to pick up Lizzy…

 

At home… Ji Hyo get into her house with a sour face… That slammed door sounds earlier catches Ji Min’s attention, which is at the kitchen, cooking… “Ji Hyo-ah… what’up??”

“I bumped into someone earlier while I’m taking stairs up here…. He dropped my snacks too… Aishhh.. He ruined my mood today…

“Who is it??”

“I don’t know…. Someone that lives in this block too, I guess… He have small eyes and big muscles…  I just was getting my rights back actually…”

“Isn’t that Jong Kook oppa??” What do you did to him??”

“I made him brought all of my things all the way from 5th floor and pay for my spilled pickles…”

“Yah… are you crazy or what?? Aish… Poor him…”

“Serve him right!! It was his fault anyway… Ah… You’re cooked already?? I thought that I will have time to surprises you…”

“teeetttt… You’re late…. What surprises do you want to give me?”

“I have two of it… number one,,, I’VE GOT A JOB!!! And number two,,, I want to cook something special today but….”

“HEHEHE… Too late… congrats for your new job… Actually I have surprises for you, too…”

“Huh?? What is it?”

“I will fly to London tomorrow…yeay!!!”

“Mwuhragoo?? Wae??”

“Jang Hyuk oppa said that he has a week off… so he wants to bring me for a second honeymoon vacation…hehehe… He is so sweet, right?”

“What sweet?? You’ll leave me alone… Ji Min-ah!!”

“yah… I miss my husband too.. Don’t you care about your friend’s feeling??”

“Geez… You’re so mean…” Ji Hyo just leaves and went into her room…