A Different Path

Cooking Mansion (in construction)

Seohae's Mansion

*They went into the house with many laughs and warm conversations only to be stopped by Seohae.

Seohae: I see you guys are having a great time. I hate to interrupt, but why don't you all-- (sees Younghwa) Why don't you clean yourself first? You look like a bizzare duck! *She begins laughing

*Everyone looked at each other then at Seohae weirdly

Seohyun: Mum...can we go in the house...?

Seohae: Didn't you guys get my joke? What a ridiculous bunch! Anyway, gather in the lounge in 5 minutes.

Younghwa: (whispering to the everyone except Seohae) She's the ridiculous one without having a sense of humour

Seohae: Would you like to repeat it? *Glaring at Younghwa

*Younghwa runs upstairs while Hyomin and Seohyun engages in a small conversation in the kitchen, eating some snacks.

Seohyun: Do you really want to become a chef?

*Hyomin was about to eat a chip and drops it.

Hyomin: Of course! I never really had this dream until Aunt brought me back here. Why are you asking that question?

Seohyun: It's just...I....never mind.

Hyomin: Don't you want to become a great chef like your mum? To have such a great person as a role model AND as a mum is just fantastic.

Seohyun: I actually want to--

Seohae (screaming): Hello!?!? Why do you guys keep me waiting?!

Hyomin: C'mon, let's go.

*Hyomin packs away the chips and grabs Seohyun to the lounge

Seohyun: I...urgg.

*They all settled in at the lounge, with Seohae standing up

Younghwa: a-w-k-w-a-r-d

*Seohae glares at Younghwa

Seohae: Hush! We were waiting for you to look like a "normal" person, you should be the last one to speak.

Kyuhyun: Aunt, I have something urgent...

Seohae: Yes, okay, I'll talk quickly. I spoke with the principal of your current school, and if not, most of you guys passed the 80% mark. Which leaves you guys the second mission, hence continuing with my plan of you guys becoming great chefs that will benefit to my world class restaurants.

Seohyun: Wait-

Seohae: Let me finish Seo dear. The next mission will give you a great experience. I have organised for you five to work at the local branch of my famous restaurants, I hope you will not let me down.

Seohyun: I don't feel well mum, I'm gonna go to my room.

Kyuhyun: You alright? *Looking concerned

Seohyun: I just need to rest, and think about many things, like promises made to me.

*Seohyun takes one look at her mum and walks off

Seohae: Nevermind her for now, any questions?

*Everyone stays quiet and confused over the matter that just occurred.

Seohae: No? You guys are dismissed, please prepare dinner by 7:30pm, and if there aren't any urgent matters, please leave us two alone. I'll see you guys later.

*Seohae walks off leaving Hyomin, Younghwa, Joon and Kyuhyun alone. Younghwa slides towards Hyomin.

Younghwa: Do you know anything Hyomin shi?

*Hyomin staggers back, fixing her glasses shyly

Hyomin: No...I...I mean I don't know anything.

Kyuhyun: Leave the gossip for later. (To Joon) Why is your brother so...

Joon: I'm glad I'm not like him, but I can't explain why our differences are so apart.

Hyomin: I'll prepare the vegetables immediately.

Younghwa: I'll help!

*Hyomin paces into the kitchen followed by Younhwa shortly. Joon takes a peek at the kitchen to see Younghwa talking to Hyomin intimately, he begins setting up the dining table. Kyuhyun walks subconsciously to the dining table

Kyuhyun: Aish...What was the thing I that was so important that needed to tend to? Joon, did I mention anything to you?

Joon: There's no hope...

Kyuhyun: No hope in what? I'm talking about what I was going to do!

Joon: There's nothing I can do...

Kyuhyun: Obviously, it's what "I" need to do, it would be better if you answered properly instead of talking about nonesense--

Joon: Maybe..just maybe if you put your brain to it, you can think of a way...

Kyuhyun: What the-- *Kyuhyun thinks about it* Oh I got it! Thanks for the great advice...wait, why am I talking to you for so long? I've become so talkative these days...Why am I still here?

*Kyuhyun runs to his room, leaving Joon by himself. He finishes setting up the table and sits on a nearby chair, in deep thought.

----------

Knock knock

Seohae: Dear, you there?

*Seohae opens the door slowly and sees Seohyun listening to music on her bed

Seohae: C'mon, listen to me for a sec.

*Seohae closes the door, walks over to the bed and takes off her earphones

Seohyun: I am speechless.

Seohae: You should listen to me.

Seohyun: I've listened to you too many times that I feel so stupid.

Seohae: What do you mean?

Seohyun: You promised me...you promised me that after I graduate from this stupid children's kitchen school you'll let me be a singer!

Seohae: It's for your own good.

Seohyun: No...for YOUR own good! Everytime you promised me something, it's never done...you knew promises were very important to me! I tried, I tried keeping it all in and not blast it all out like now! I hate it when you pave the way for me! I want my own life, I want to sing!

Seohae: What can singing do!? Apart from ruining your voice, expose you to everyone, what can it do? At least when you are a cook, you can survive with minimal ingredients, you won't die of starvation!

Seohyun: Do you really think I will die of hunger? Are you gonna kick me out of this house, so I'll stay out in the cold?

Seohae: You don't understand...

Seohyun: What don't I understand!? You're just selfish!

Seohae: Do whatever you want...I've given up...

*Seohyun uses her bed sheets to cover herself while Seohae staggers out of the room. When she opens the door, Joon, Hyomin, Younghwa and Kyuhyun pretend to be talking and wipes her tears and quickly walks to her room. Seohae approaches her bed and looks at a photo of her husband.

Seohae: What should I do Minshi? How could I get her to stop following after my footsteps..?

----------

Oh dear! What a late update! I'm sorry readers >< I was just too (TOO) busy! enjoy ^^