First Night

Cooking Mansion (in construction)

Sunday 1st October, 7pm, Seohae's Mansion

The five awkwardly sit around the dining table with Kyuhyun, Seohyun and Hyomin on one side, and Joon and Younghwa on the other. It was like a staring contest between the group, but everyone noticed Younghwa eyeing on Hyomin.

"What do you want to eat Hyomin? I can make it for you in case you are hungry" Younghwa asked flirtatiously. Hyomin took a shock and glanced at her friends, Kyuhyun and Seohyun, who nervously shook their heads leading Hyomin into more misery.

"Ummm..." Hyomin tried to find an excuse.

"Eh hem...that is not how it works in this house, because there are rules you must follow" Seohyun cutted in to help Hyomin and emphasised on the word 'must'. "The first is to prepare a dish you are very confident on and we will judge the skill upon you are at. Also, as of tomorrow, you both should attend Vita High, the best school of cooking academics." 

"Is it the school which taught great chefs like Edward Kwon and David Chang!?" Joon asked curiously. Seohyun nodded and Joon got really excited and nudged Younghwa to start preparing the dishes only to notice Younghwa wasn't paying any attention and was still gawking at Hyomin. Seohyun saw this and clapped near Younghwa's face.

"What are you guys waiting for? Use whatever there is in the kitchen but don't make a mess, because you guys will be cleaning it" Seohyun alerted and folded her arms to make her look powerful. Younghwa stopped gazing at Hyomin and looked at Seohyun with a confident smirk and walked off while Joon seemed hesitant.

"I'll only give you 30 minutes so hurry up! No point staring in to la la land" Seohyun sternly said to Joon, making him fall of his chair and walked weirdly towards the kitchen which then made Hyomin laugh. 

Suddenly, Joon turned around and muttered "I don't know how to cook though..." and was replied by shocked faces from Kyuhyun, Seohyun and Hyomin who then stared in awe. Seohyun started to boil up and looked as if she will flip the table, so Joon quickly stepped back into the kitchen.

When Joon and Younghwa was busy in the kitchen, the other three began to engage in a serious conversation.

"Those two brothers weren't even disciplined! I don't know how mum ever saw any potential in them, they only seem to be a flirt and a dumb couple" Seohyun complained.

"Well, Joon seems to be okay, I think he is--" A loud bang was heard from the kitchen by someone carelessly dropping pans onto the floor. The sound was then followed by a "so...sorry" from Joon. "I take that back".

"I guess I should help them in case anything more horrible happens" Kyuhyun miserably remarked before walking into the kitchen.

"We need to think up of some rules before letting them calmly roll around in the house" Seohyun began to think.

"Is it really necessary? You weren't that harsh on us--" The phone began to rang, cutting Hyomin off. "Hang on" Hyomin darted across the room and jumped onto the couch and answered the phone. Meanwhile Younghwa casually walked out of the kitchen with a spatula and was about to ask Hyomin something, but asked Seohyun instead since she was avaliable.

"Yah, you! What special ingredient do you want?"

Seohyun sighed and retorted. "Don't you have any manners? Yah...you...it's Seohyun!"

"Fine, whatever. So ma'am Seohyun, what special ingredient would you want in one of my dishes?"

"The grass outside." Younghwa gawped with eyes wide when suddenly he heard a laugh and something dropped to the floor.

"Sorry, hehe. Seohyun was too funny that's all" Hyomin shyly explained."Oh my god! The phone!" Hyomin hastily picked up the phone and continued talking. Younghwa began to smile.

"You said grass, don't regret!" Younghwa walked back into the kitchen. Seohyun curiously walked over to Hyomin.

"Yes aunt, everything is going well. What happened just now? Oh I accidentally dropped the phone, yes, we're going fantastic! We'll be great friends soon and--"

"Hyomin! How could you say that!" Seohyun bursted and snatched the phone from Hyomin. "Mum, those guys are a total disaster! We're in great danger!"

"Now dear, my eyes will never lie to me, they have great potential..." Seohae began to praise the brothers.

"I know you want someone to take over your business, but don't just find anything you see on the streets!" Hyomin began to look confused and murmured to herself, Isn't Seohyun taking over the business?.

"We had this conversation many times, you know-- Stop right there! How dare you serve that filth to our customers. Redo it! Oh sorry dear, just some restaurant troubles, I'll call you later, I need to lecture this ridiculous chef. Bye"

"Mu--" The phone cuts off leaving Seohyun speechless

"Dinner is ready!" Younghwa walks out proudly, beaming at Hyomin. Hyomin shyly smiles back at him.

"We'll talk later, okay Hyomin?" Seohyun asked.

"Okay" Hyomin replied and they both sat at the dinner table.

"So...what's for dinner?" Seohyun questioned Younghwa. He clapped and Kyuhyun and Joon came out carrying the dishes, making Seohyun roll her eyes but making Hyomin look interested.

"I made two dishes, the soup and the vegetable stir fry, this fabulously presented...thing... is made by my brother." Younghwa announced proudly.

"Then we should test it out" Seohyun signalled for Kyuhyun and Hyomin to start tasting. Hyomin picked the mysterious dish made by Joon and commented on how good the presentation thing is. Hyomin took a bite with her chopsticks and her face immediately changed from a bright happy face to a devastated and horrified face.

"This thing...what a weird taste, it's not even--" Hyomin didn't finish and ran to the bathroom.

"Looks like there won't be any point in tasting it, then it's a fail for you. As for you, we should taste it now" Seohyun tasted the soup while Kyuhyun ate the vegetable dish. "Well, it's edible..."

"This is delicious. What are these grass-looking things?" Kyuhyun looked curious and looked up at Younghwa. Younghwa winked at Seohyun and Kyuhyun looked even more confused and decided to continue eating while Seohyun and Younghwa had eye contact.

-(The eye contact conversation)-

Seohyun: Don't you dare tell me that thing is grass!

Younghwa: Oh you know...you told me to

Seohyun: Really!? You can't even take a joke?

Younghwa: I really can't.

-(End of eye conversation)-

"Umm, Kyuhyun, that thing you are eating...IS grass" Kyuhyun spat it out and glared at Younghwa.

"Why would you put this in here? It's a joke right?"

"Obviously, some dork told me to put some grass in here, so I chopped the spring onions nicely into grass-looking shapes"

"Good. I'll go check up on Hyomin" Seohyun went to the bathroom and came back with Hyomin later, with her face looking very pale.

"If you make Hyomin sick..." Younghwa threatened his brother.

"It'll be alright, just let me rest for a while"

"Here, have some water" Joon handed Hyomin a cup of water with hands shaking vigorously. Seohyun saw his hands shaking and snatched it from Joon in case it spilled on the floor. Hyomin took a sip and ran back to the bathroom.

"I guess anything that touches within 30 minutes of something she tasted s horribly, she'll vomit." Kyuhyun told the brothers.

"Well that concludes the day, you two tidy up everything, I shall report this to my mum hastily" Seohyun was about to go up the stairs when she looks inside the kitchen; Knives, pans, pots and food everywhere.

"Start tidying up, or else I'll get that spoon...no, fork...no, that's right KNIFE and I'll start waving it around you!" Seohyun kept her anger within and ran up the stairs. Kyuhyun quietly leaves while the brothers begin to tidy up.

"Was it even right to come here" Joon asked his brother.

"We'll just have to wait and see". After 30 minutes of tidying, the ground and dining table was clean, but the sink was full of dirty plates, and the brothers fell asleep unconciously. Hyomin came along and washed everything up before going back to her room. When the brother woke up, they were confused as to why everything was done, but they just simply walked to their corresponding rooms. However, that night, no one could sleep because they all felt uncomfortable in many ways.

 ----------

What would happen at school tomorrow?