After Midnight (part 2) END

After Midnight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan and Seohyun slowly pulled away from the kiss and dived deeper underwater, holding each other tightly so that their bodies wouldn't float up to the surface. In the depths of the lake they stared at each other affectionally but at the same time fear creeping through their bodies, they were scared of the bloodsucker up there and they didn't know how long would they be able to hold their breath underwater.

Meanwhile, a tall figure of a middle aged man stood furiously just near the edge of the lake, looking around at his surroundings in search of his prey with a ferocious sniffing accompanied it. He smelled a very strong aroma of fresh blood but oddly, he couldn't found any single breathing creature in that place, causing him to let out a loud ravenous screech that could be heard from underwater where the youngsters were hiding. A sinister quietness enveloped the place as the bloodsucker squatted at the edge of the lake and began to peer into the water, sensing something strange about the strong aroma of fresh blood from inside the lake but soon the vampire grew tired of watching the lake and finally he stood up and started to fly to the blackness of the night.

Soon after, in the middle of the glimmering silver lake, two youngters emerged from the water with their hands around each other, gasping for air.

 

"Is...he..gone?" Luhan asked haltingly, gasping for air and treading water.

 

"I... think so..." Seohyun responded as she held both of Luhan's arms and dropped her forehead on his shoulder in relief. Luhan smiled and patted her back softly.

The two stayed in the position for a while before they eventually swam toward the edge and as soon as they reached the edge of the lake, they tiredly lay on their backs, staring at the starry night sky. Luhan grabbed Seohyun's hand, causing her to snapped her head to her side to see the boy she loves looking at her with so much love. Their eyes met and locked for what seemed like a very long time.

Slowly, Luhan moved closer to Seohyun and they lay on their sides, facing each other. Seohyun reached for his face and caressed his face gently as Luhan moved even closer until their lips almost touched.

 

"I love you." Luhan confessed in a very soft voice and Seohyun couldn't be happier. She felt like she wanted to scream joyously into the sky.

 

"I love you too..." Seohyun replied in a whisper, she shed tears of joy and these words were followed by Luhan kissing her forehead tenderly.

Luhan then engulfed her in his arms as the serene atmosphere surrounded the two. 

But their joyful moment had to end forcefully as a loud, booming voice of a middle aged man could be heard from the distance. The two instantly broke apart and stood up, staring at each other with those timorous eyes.

 

"It's my father. We have to leave now." Seohyun fearfully said, tugging on Luhan's sleeve.

The booming voice of her father could be heard drawing near.The youngsters quickly clasped their hands together and ran fastly to the darkness of the forest.

The two hurtled through the towering trees and not even once they looked at behind them, they feared of what was chasing them. As they ran deeper into the forest, they found themselves in a place where a dark, thick fog eerily reaching for them and eventually it surrounded them. They stopped abruptly, holding each other's hand tighter as they whirled around to see their surroundings. It was dark and the thick fog covered their way, they couldn't see anything but the ground and instantly fear overwhelming them.

 

"What should we do now?" Seohyun asked tensely, facing Luhan hysterically.

Luhan abruptly kissed her lips deeply in an attempt to wash away her fear before he said.

 

"Lets continue to run."

Seohyun was unsure about this but nodding her head in agreement anyway, taking his hand again and they stormed into the thick fog.

Seohyun and Luhan were running endlessly through the fog when suddenly Seohyun tripped over a root and landed hardly on the ground.

Luhan widened his eyes as he got on her level, helping her to her feet. Then he spotted blood dripping from her feet, he looked at it in horror. 

 

"Luhan, I'm okay." Seohyun quietly said but Luhan just shook his head frantically and gave her his back. Seohyun didn't want to object and she swiftly got on his back, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Luhan then continued to run through the eerie thick fog with Seohyun on his back, not wanting to stop. 

 

Somewhere in the distance, someone was pursuing the teenagers in a speed of lightning, flying really fast. When he finally sensed that he already getting close to his prey, he slowed his pace. He landed on the ground and walked leisurely behind the two teenagers.

But there was something strange about them, the girl on the back of the boy looked really familiar, her hair and her dress. Then something made him freezed abruptly, he was numb for a split second upon realizing that the girl was none other than his own daughter.

 

 

"Luhan...did you hear that?" Seohyun suddenly asked, stopping him from running farther. She heard the sound of a branch breaking from behind them as if someone was stepping it.

 

"What? I  didn't hear anything." Luhan replied. Seohyun turned her head around and when she didn't see anyone behind them, she gulped in fear.

 

"Put me down." Seohyun ordered frantically.

 

"No." Luhan said as she shook his head no.

 

"Please." Seohyun pleaded and Luhan reluctantly put her down on her feet. She then let her eyes wander around their surroundings. 

A moment later, Luhan caught the look of fear in her eyes as she let her eyes gazing around the forest. She turned to Luhan, giving him a fearful look as she said.

 

"He's here."

Just then, a middle aged man suddenly appeared before them with a look of anger spread across his features. The teenagers stood still, staring at the scary man in front of them in terror.

 

"Seohyun, why are you here? I have been looking for you anywhere and why are you with him? My prey." Her father demanded with his fierce and angry eyes.

Seohyun swiftly moved in front of Luhan, shielding him from her father's view.

 

"Dad stop! He's not your prey. He's the boy I love. I will not let you lay even a finger on him!" Seohyun replied sternly, looking at his father in anger.

 

"Love? You're in love with this mortal?" Seohyun's father said, making a face. Not believing any of the things that Seohyun had told him earlier.

 

"Dad, I am a mortal too! I am a human just like him." Seohyun quickly responded curtly.

And there was a temporarily silence that hung in the air until Seohyun's father moved closer toward the teenagers, eyeing them for awhile.

 

"You better be home before dawn." Seohyun's father quietly said to her and turned to leave but as he did so, something caught his eyes and anger washed through his body in an instant, not having anymore plan to leave the two alone.

He moved fastly to touch Seohyun's bloody feet and turned to Luhan, grabbing his throat in fast motion.

 

"You! How dare you to hurt my daughter!" He yelled angrily at the poor boy who desperately trying to release the bloodsucker's hand from his throat. Seohyun stared at the scene in complete horror and darted to hug her father from behind.

 

"Dad! He didn't do anything, It was just an accident. Please let him go..." Seohyun pleaded with tears heavily rolled down her cheeks. Her father ignored her, harshly shoving her aside, making her to fall on the forest floor. 

 

"If he really loves you he will never let you getting hurt like this." Her father said in a stern voice as he pinned Luhan against a tree. At that moment, her father turned to be something really scary. His eyes turned red and his expression was frightening as he revealed his fangs. Seohyun shook her head frantically and ran to her father again while Luhan tried to pull himself from the bloodsucker who was holding him solidly.

Finally Seohyun's father sank his teeth on Luhan's neck, causing Luhan to grimace in pain.

 

"No dad! Nooo." Seohyun with all her strength pushed her father away from Luhan.

 

"Seohyun!" Her father angrily said.

Luhan then fell on the ground as blood gushed from his neck.

 

"No, what have you done, dad?" Seohyun said, placing Luhan's head on her lap, holding him tightly as she cried out loud.

 

"No, Luhan..." She continued to cry, her tears dropped on Luhan's now pale face.

 

"I'm fine...Seohyun." Luhan softly said, hiding his pain behind a weak smile, reaching for her face and touched her cheek.

 

 

 

Seohyun's father carefully placed Luhan on Seohyun's bed, wrapping his body with a thick blanket. Seohyun watched from the other side of the room, holding back the tears. Luhan blinked his eyes several times, suddenly feeling something strange about his body. He couldn't speak a word and his body stiffened. He couldn't move his body. He couldn't move even a finger.

Seohyun noticed the change of expression on his face and ran toward him in panic.

 

"Dad, what's happening to him?" Seohyun frantically asked her father, not taking her eyes off of Luhan.

 

"Luhan, what's wrong?..." Seohyun asked softly but Luhan just gave her a sad look, tears flooding his eyes.

Seohyun's father quickly pulled her away from the room and dragged her to a large hall of the sumptuous house.

 

"He will be like that for two days, he can't speak nor he can't move his body. But he can move his head and he sees and hears everything clearly. After that he will...be just like me...a vampire." Her father said the last sentence in a halting voice, looking away from his daughter guiltily.

 

"No... he can't be like you..." Seohyun cried hardly as she shook her head hysterically.

 

"Seohyun, I'm sorry." Seohyun's father said in a very low voice and took her hand which she harshly slapped away. 

 

"Dad, do something! Don't let him becoming a bloodsucker like you!" Seohyun continued on, crying her eyes out. Her father hung his head low, he couldn't face his daughter at that moment.

Seohyun then raced to a cabinet where her father put his gun and quickly took it out.

 

"Seohyun, what are you doing with that thing?! Put the gun down!" Her father demanded sternly as fear rushed down his body.

Seohyun walked closer to her father and pointed the gun on her head. The middle aged man bulged his eyes upon seeing the scene before him.

 

"I would rather die than seeing the guy I love becoming a bloodsucker who hurts people!..."

 

"Seohyun...calm down...don't do something like this." Her father carefully said, trying to take the gun from her grip.

 

"Please dad do something! I know you can save him!" Seohyun replied in a high tone, the gun still on her head.

A tense atmosphere that hung between them slowly vanished as her father finally told her something that she wanted to hear so badly.

 

"There is one thing to save him..." Her father began and Seohyun eventually removed the gun from her head. 

 

"Wh-what is it? Tell me dad. Tell me how to save him." Seohyun asked her father eagerly, looking at him curiously.

 

"Just keep him warm for hours then..." Her father continued then lifted his head to meet his daughter's eyes.

 

"Then?" Seohyun asked again, still giving him a curious look.

 

 

 

Seohyun weakly closed the door behind her and stared at Luhan mournfully as she slowly walked toward him who was lying on the bed miserably. She then sat beside him on the bed, taking his hand in hers.

 

"Luhan, I have a bad news and a good news. The good news is I can save you from becoming like my father and the bad news is..." Seohyun said and bended down to whisper the last sentence in his ear, upon hearing the last sentence , Luhan shook his head back and forth. Tears found its way to escaped from his eyes. 

 

"It's fine...Luhan it's fine..." Seohyun quietly said before she kissed his lips softly. Then she began to remove all his clothing piece by piece and tossed them on the floor. Luhan stared at her confusedly then what he witnessed next made his heart beating rapidly.

Seohyun stood up and slowly she stripped in front of Luhan who widened his eyes at her, as she took off the last piece of her clothing, Luhan quickly shutted his eyes, unclear if he was embarrassed or he just didn't want to see something that did not belong to him.

Seohyun let out a faint smile before approaching him on the bed and gracefully slipped underneath the covers, lying on top of him. As their bodies came in contact, Luhan opened his eyes and stared at her in shock. He really didn't have any idea of what was she going to do to him.

 

"I just...want to keep you warm...you know, I have a very warm body." Seohyun shyly said, pressing her hands against his chest.

It was probably the moment that most teenagers had been waiting for, pressing their bodies together under the covers, but not for them. The expression that they had on their faces at that moment was just sadness. It was beyond Luhan's imagination to be in that position with the girl who had been occupying his mind but instead of lust, his eyes filled with sorrow.

Seohyun hugged his body and rested her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

 

"My father...he was a good man. He's a hundred years vampire that spent almost the rest of his life hiding from people. He used to drink animal blood. One day, he met my mother inside the forest. They fell in love with each other instantly and when my father told her that he's a vampire, it didn't change her love for him." Seohyun said and Luhan listened to every single thing that she said, he felt more comfortable now.

 

"One year later they got married and my father bought this house for her. You must be wondering why he could afford to buy this house when he doesn't even have a proper job since he can't be exposed to sunlight." Seohyun stopped and turned to look at him in the eyes.

 

"That's because he's very rich. He's changed after my mother was murdered months ago. He hides me inside this house then told me to get him a prey every three nights. I stopped going to school eversince, because he told everyone that I'm already dead. That's why I can't reveal myself during the day...and after this night, forever I will be hiding from sunlight for sunlight can kill me..." Seohyun added, breathing softly against his face. She then began to kiss his neck softly then trailed her lips along his collarbone.

Just then, Luhan felt a wet liquid on his collarbone, dropping on his skin drop by drop, it was tears of an angel who was lying above him. 

 

"Luhan I love you, since as long as I can remember...you have to know that my love for you will never change." Seohyun said, crying uncontrollably against his chest. Luhan felt a deep pain upon winessing her crying like this, as if a sword was being ed inside his heart and he knew why did she said those words, like she was going to disappear from his life.

 

"I waited for you for eight years...everyday I longed for you and I am so glad that you're finally remembering me." Seohyun said again as her hot tears wetting Luhan's neck and chest.

 

"Thank you, thank you for loving me...it makes me happy...maybe this will be the last time for both of us to see each other, you wouldn't want to see me anymore after this night...but I'm happy to know that you love me too...I love you...eternally..." That was the last thing he heard from her before she placed her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter