My True Brother

Strands of Tomorrow

Hongbin's POV

Throughout this exploration, I have observed that N usually communicates with Hyuk with the use of his device. I’m worried. But I didn’t bother him, as I’m focusing on our mission.

"We’re here!Let’s get started immediately.” Leo said as we arrived near the volcano.

Leo told us what to do. It would be dangerous for him to do it because he can die because of the lava, as his flesh seems so delicate unlike us aliens. Fortunately, getting the lava was a success, and there was already enough supply for the Hyde citizens.

We rested for a while; again N was nowhere to be found, so I spent the time talking to Leo about his life.

“Here’s my mother. She was a very strong woman; she used to be an astronaut. I wasn’t able to meet my father since he died when they were in the outer space. They both work for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in the United States of America which is responsible for civilian space programs. They were on a verge of researching on alien life forms like you. When she came back here, my mom didn’t know she was pregnant. She died because of cancer a year ago.”

Leo showed me the picture of his mother.

All of a sudden, tears went down to my face. I can’t breathe.

“Hey Hongbin, I didn’t know aliens can cry too. Why are you crying?”

 “S-she….she’s my mom..”

I stuttered.

 “WHAT?! How come?? How is that possible?!” Leo was in disbelief.

“Not really a biological mom, becau– “

I got cut off when Leo suddenly walked to the left side. I think he noticed something worrisome over there. After few minutes, he came back; I can see the panic in his face.

“YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!!! I HEARD YOUR BROTHER TALKING TO SOMEONE AND THEY’RE ABOUT TO DESTROY EARTH!!!” Leo came back as he was shouting on my face. 

 “WHAAAT?!” I asked as I started to panic. 

“DO YOU HEAR ME? THEY’LL KILL THE HUMAN RACE AND START A NEW GENERATION HERE!!! HONGBIN DO YOU HEAR ME?!” Leo shouted at me as I woke up to my senses. Spaceships arrived from the Planet Hyde as I recognize the Jekyll Council with the Royal Ravi and Hyuk standing inside the shuttle.

Hyuk went out of the shuttle and ran towards N.

“Now, where is the boy N?” Hyuk said as the Royal Ravi went down from the spaceship and led the Jekyll clan.

Wait, I’ll get him. He should be the head start for us to take over this planet, and together, we will finish Mission Invincible! HA HA HA HA!” N chuckled. 

I can’t believe that my brother N, teamed up with the Jekyll clan despite what they did to dad!! He’s completely brainwashed! My nerves are raging right now. I pulled Leo over and went to the highest tree found within the vicinity and climbed up. The boy must be protected.

"They are looking for you; we need a plan this urgent!!! I’m not letting them touch you, or the human race!” I said to Leo. 

“W-wait. Okay, do you have your Jelpi device with you?" He asked. 

“It’s with N, he used it to communicate with Hyuk!”

 “Okaaay…We need to go down and dig near the feet of the volcano. We need to do it very fast. I’ve studied before that there are diamonds there and it contains strong minerals that can destroy those aliens”

Leo explained.

“But one of those aliens is my brother…..” My mind's a mess right now.

“YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!! HE DOESN”T CONSIDER YOU AS HIS BROTHER!!” Leo exclaimed. 

We ended up digging and got as many diamonds as we can.

“Well…..well, so you’re here.” N appeared in front of my very eyes.

He was standing in front of us together with the council.

“HOW COULD YOU? YOU’RE MY BROTHER!!! I DIDN’T EXPECT THAT YOU’LL GROW UP AND BECOME EVIL!!!! YOU ONCE HATED THEM, BUT NOW YOU’RE ONE OF THEM!” I released all the anger and hate I'm feeling.

I can’t control my feelings anymore. This is too much.

"Brother? Please. Say good bye to your earthly little friend!

He held up the abduction device that they use for victims and pointed it to Leo.

“NO. HE’S THE SON OF MOM AND DAD!” 

N stopped for a moment. There was an unusual silence for few seconds. 

“So, do I even care? Dad died, and then mom left us. What do you expect from me?” Damn, N doesn't even care anymore. 

Leo used his weapon called “slingshot”. He grabbed the diamonds and put it in there and targeted towards the enemies right into their heads, including the Royal Ravi. Some tried to fight back, giving gun shots to Leo but the boy is smart enough not to get caught. The aliens were outnumbered until they were down to N and Hyuk.

No one can stop me!!! I’m going to kill you first if you don’t want to see this boy dying, and I’ll proceed to the whole human race!” 

With his words, it shattered my heart. My beloved brother, wanted to kill me and everyone else. In the verge of panic, I gunned him and Hyuk with diamonds. His friend died immediately but….

“This is not the end!!! We’re going to meet again, and I’m pretty sure you’ll pay for t-“

He was struggling, trying to say it but Agent Rovix’ life was cut off, and has vanished. He dropped his Jelpi device, now lifeless.

 “NO!!!! NO!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!” Somebody save my sanity because I just killed my own brother.

-

It has been over a day, and Leo had been just observing because he tried to talk to me for a few times, but I wouldn’t answer. But now, I finally have the guts to make it through.

 “I haven’t fulfilled my promise. I’m going to try to contact mom.” I said. 

The boy nodded, I pulled mom and dad’s picture and the few strands of mom’s hair.

“I think it’s going to be easier, you have the strands of her hair, for DNA of course.” He said. 

I opened my box, and handed my Neutron A4, the same device used when we shape-shift the first time we met Leo.  I inserted the picture only to the side and the strands of mom’s hair.

By and by, mom’s soul appeared to us. There’s still a feeling of yearning for a mother’s love. Even if Leo and I are far too different from each other, I now found my true brother.

“M-mom….I missed you…” I said as she appeared in front of us, with her hands opened wide.

- E N D -

__________________________________________________________

DAMN GORGEOUS BEINGS!

TAEKBIN BROMANCE FOR THE ENDING WEEHOOO

/whispers they're my number 1 ship but im so sorry i can't write those kind of fic/

This fic may be short, but I hope you enjoyed it!

But naaaah I feel it's too childish and laaaaaah shallow I think

I'll try not to be lame next time :(

Since I'm done with this story, I will update Trompe L'oeil & Summer and Fall.

AND OH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAREST LEO~!

LET'S ALL TREND #HAPPYLEODAY ON TWITTER!!!

Jung Taekwoon, saranghae <3