Dilemma

Strands of Tomorrow

Years passed I guess, we don’t usually count the days here in our planet but still, I managed to apply the traditions taught by Mom. But the underground of Camp Hyde has been forbidden. Hakyeon was held captive by the Lunar Matoki Council and underwent a lot of drills in preparation of what they call as Mission Invincible. I got in the camp as well but my rank is lower than Hakyeon's. He’s now the commanding officer and I think the whole council completely trusts him enough. Wheh he was appointed, they changed his name to "N" as a way to show honor.  In my perspective, they’re just using my brother to gain access to Earth for the Mission Invisible. I’m still unsure, only time will tell when the council had already taken advantage of him.

I’m still in my quarters. Tonight, the starlight was gleaming too much. Out of curiosity, I went near the left side of my station, where the light shined brighter.

“Those lights aren’t stars; the other aliens are trying to make a way to enter the Earth” N mumbled.

Surprisingly, I didn’t know he was there. But for a commanding officer, it was natural that he was roaming around the quarters of the trainees for inspections. Since he was already there, I asked him what they were trying to do for the Mission Invincible.

“What’s even their purpose?” I blurted out of inquisitiveness.

“We want to discover something out there now that our lava supply is decreasing. I found out that there are lots of creatures and resources there. I used dad’s Jelpi 0620. And do you remember how they told us about the planet Earth?” he replied. 

It’s been a very long time; I was really surprised that N actually talked about mom and dad.

“So?” I’m still thinking why he mentioned about them out of the blue.

“Well, according to my friend from the council, Hyuk he went there once and there I was told that there’s a surplus of lava there. He said that specifically at the Mt. Mayon, an active volcano located in the province of Albay, on the island of Luzon, Philippines. It has a perfect cone shape, and even if we only get some, it can sustain our lifetime.”

He showed it to me in his Jelpi 0620 device, and I noticed that the small circle-shaped thing made out of copper which dad gave to us before the day the Royal Matoki slaughtered him, was pasted on the top of the device. As far as I can remember, dad called it ‘Kon’. After that there was a long pause between us. I know that he still misses dad despite his disbelief on families.

“I apologize for my arrogant behavior yesterday. It was wrong for me to act like that. It’s just that the whole council has their pressure on me and I don’t know what to feel now that they assigned me again with another task.”  N said. 

“It’s fine. Just focus on the responsibilities you have. In fact, I could help you with my intelligence. We’re actually running out of lava, the pool is drying up, and if we don’t do something, we’ll die!" I was terrified and I screamed so hard that my gooey substance went all over his face. It was horrible really. But I can feel his urge to come to the planet Earth, but my inner voice is telling me that something’s wrong, but anyway meddling with the council’s plans will make me face a huge consequence.

 “Okay then! You’re now part of the council’s mission. I’ll have to inform the council as well as Royal Ravi about this.”

N brought out his Jelpi 0620 and reported to the council

“But I’ll need to fix my machine here and try to access a portal to that planet.” I said. 

“Great! Ha ha ha. That would be helpful. I think you should connect your cyborg, Ken to the machine to help you”

Although I was shocked with his reaction but his chuckles were quite annoying, but I ignored it, I know that he’s a little eccentric ever since we were little.

So I managed to fix my machine, and of course, I connected Ken, my cyborg who talks about the things to do in order to complete this mission. I turned it on and searched for the planet Earth. I looked for portals we could feasibly use to have access on that planet.

Ken said that there was a portal to an arcade. Well I don’t even know what an arcade is, such place doesn’t exist here in Planet Hyde.

“You. Need. Some. One. To. Put. A. Coin. Into. The. Machine. To. Enter. Earth” Ken spoke out loud. 

I freaked out because I don’t know what a coin is. But what I know is that we have to put something into the machine which will help us enter Earth.

“What? Did it say Kon?” N blurted out of inquisitiveness 

“It said Coin.” I replied. 

N brought out his Jelpi device, and the Kon that dad gave him was pasted there. He removed it and inserted it on the machine. We didn’t know that it was really called coin after all.

“Incoming Alert! Incoming Alert!”  Ken said. 

The portal opened and I saw something unlikely. I really don’t know what it is. It’s some creature with eyes as well. It has two eyes, which apparently are smaller than our one big eye. It has a fair white skin, and it has something on its body that covers him. We had metallic blades as our apparel while this creature wears multicolored fabrics. It wasn’t as dark as our planet. I don’t even know how to explain what I saw. I’m not from their planet anyway. N commanded his subordinates to abort the portal construction since he already found a way to Earth. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Jaehwan said, if you have spare time, please check out my other stories and 

don't forget to subscribe! I love you all!

(as I've said in my other stories, I don't own the gifs, credits to their respective owners~)

I will now use Hakyeon's name as N throughout the story since it was already revealed by Hongbin. ^^

/spazz time/ 

I really love Boarding House No. 24!!! It's a must watch. 

Seriously I'm dying with feels bc of Jaehwan x Dohee!!

I'm gonna write a fanfic about them soon!

(But I really think I should finish my other fics first)

And here's how cyborg Ken looks like!!! Credits to alegna0229

This is pretty much a Ken spam chapter, I'm so sorry lol.