Something was wrong

Just a Love Story

My first try in writing fluff, and failing.  Sorry.

---

Something was wrong. Taeyeon concluded as her sleep induced hazed eyes got used to the sunlight.

She made a mental list of the things that were a thing in her daily life that may not have been done the day before. She went to university to hear multiple 2 hour lectures that would make her fall asleep if not for the fact that she actually wanted to learn. She ate lunch with her friends while they teased the newly hitched Noeul. She went to the Japanese store to see if a new copy of One Piece was available (most of the times, it wasn’t). She played her daily prank on an unsuspecting idiot.

Oh, yes, and yesterday she had done it with Tiffany. It was obvious as she could feel her body below hers, her chest rising and going down with each breath.

This didn’t happen often, just about two to three times per week and it would always be the same. It would always be in a casual fashion, whenever the two felt like it. It had been a silent agreement they had had since the first time they saw each other at some club she doesn’t remember the name of.

They would never cross paths with each other in normal life circumstances and even if they did, they would evade each other. However, something had changed yesterday.

She was going to an ice cream parlor that was very far from the campus. She was cursing the manager who black listed her from the other parlor when he heard some muffled sobs.

Usually, she wouldn’t think of this as her business and she would go her way. But something called her to find the person who sobbed so heart-wrenchingly. It was Tiffany, who, as she was told, had had a fight with her father. Taeyeon decided to take Tiffany with her to the ice cream parlor.

They talked hours on an end and Tiffany let everything out. Apparently, she had a fight with her father because her father was remarrying, making Tiffany feel that he was forgetting her mother, who had died when she was a teen. She talked to Taeyeon about the fear she had of moving on but forgetting her mother, but she also talked about feeling sad because she knew her dad was very lonely the first years after her mother’s death. Taeyeon consoled her and offered her shoulder.

Even when she knew they were crossing the line, Taeyeon offered to accompany Tiffany to her apartment, to which the latter readily agreed. They were in front of the door of her apartment as Tiffany punched her code. When she finished, she opened the door and turned to Taeyeon, who was prepared to say goodbye. What happened next was unexpected. Tiffany just kissed her. Everything became hazy after that.

Something was wrong. This time, wasn’t as casual as all the times before. Taeyeon could feel it through every caress that she received and reciprocated. It was charged with an emotion she couldn’t quite place. Sadness? Fear? She didn’t know. Different from other times, her heart was beating fast and goosebumps formed in her skin, but she wasn’t sure if it was because of lust, like all the other times.

Yes, something was wrong. Taeyeon knew it when she woke up and the first thing she felt was butterflies in her stomach.

She wanted to convince herself that it was all ual attraction and what had happened yesterday was in the spur of the moment. Tiffany was emotional and Taeyeon was angry at the manager of the other ice cream parlor. But as she looked into the eyes of the now awakened Tiffany, she knew something was extremely wrong.

Taeyeon had fallen in love.