Nae Sarang - shiningshinee12

★Whispering Lucifer★ A SHINee one-shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh~ Let me gotta doo - bop - doo - bop - doo - bop.

Oh~ Let me gotta doo - bop - doo - bop - doo - bop.

Onew reached for his cellphone early in the morning when his ringtone woke him up. He opened one of his eyes lazily and looked up at the phone screen.

'Manager hyung'. It displayed.

Both of his eyes popped open, and he answered the call in a hurry, wondering why was he calling on their day-off. 

"Yeobseyo?" He tried his best to sound normal, not like he was sleeping.

"Onew? Ah...finally. You even know how many times I have already called you? Its the eighteenth time."

"Joesonghabnida, hyung." He replied.

"Anyway, there was a meeting yesterday, or a late meeting you can say."

"Huh? Joesonghabnida, I would surely be there for the next meeting." Onew apologised thinking that he forgot that they had a meeting yestetday and he never made it there. 

"Ah...paboya, it wasn't a meeting you were supposed to be attending. How can you forget things so soon?" Manager Hoo asked.

"Then?" 

"It was a meeting with the CEO and other superior members of SM." He explained.

"Ah...so why are you telling this to me?" Onew asked.

"Seriously, don't you remember you five applied for a leave for six months? It was regarding that."

"Oh yeah we wanted to take a break from this stardom for a while. Yeah."

"Yeah, I'm talking about that."

"What happened?"

"Your leave was confirmed."

"Wh-what?! I guess I heard you wrong, hyung." Onew said thinking he just heard wrong.

"I said your leave was confirmed." Manager Hoo again told him.

"Really? You're making fun of us early this morning aren't you?" Onew said.

"No, I'm serious....!!" Manager Hoo confirmed.

"Jeongmalyo?" Onew almost screamed waking up Taemin, who slept on the other bed beside him.

"Hyung, what's with you early this morning?" Taemin asked yawning.

"I think I'm dreaming." Onew said.

"Dreaming?"

"Yeah but I don't see any chicken around me....usually, my dreams are full of chicken."

"Ah...hyung just get to sleep will you?" Taemin said, laying back down. "But who is it on the other end?"

"Manager hyung." Onew replied.

Taemin sat up suddenly and asked "what? Early on a holiday? Did we do something wrong?"

"He said our leave was confirmed."

"I knew it–wait, MWO?!" Taemin asked shocked. "Jjinjjaya?"

Onew nodded once.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

SHINee reached the San Fransisco airport.

"From here our vacation in San Fransisco starts..." Key said "I'm really glad we are here away from SM from a while."

"So how are we supposed to go to the place where we'll live?" Taemin asked.

"That's a problem actually." Minho said.

"Is it SHINee?" A girl in a formal dress asked on Korean.

"Neh!" Onew replied.

"Come with me. Your transport is waiting for you." She said and walked forward.

"I know I love Manager hyung." Jjong said sheepishly and followed her.

When SHINee reached the place they were supposed to be staying at, all of them looked at the place drumstruck.

"This place is huge." Taemin said.

"No kidding." Jjong said.

"All your clothes and lugguges are already in your rooms and I hope you can find you rooms yourself. I'll take my leave for today then." She bowed and turned to leave.

"Excuse me?" Jjong asked "What would be your name?"

"Joesonghabnida, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kyong Minhee. I'll be your manager for the next six months." She again bowed and left.

Those five stared at her while she walked away.

"A manager?!" Key nagged. "Again?" 

"It's alright. I knew SM wasn't gonna leave us alone just like that."

"Exactly." Minho nodded.

 "Hey, hyung, let's ho check our rooms." Taemin said and rushed upstairs.

                   -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The next morning SHINee got ready to live there normal life, like any normal person.

"I can't believe I'm going to university again." Onew said.
"Me too." Jjong smirked. "All six months I'm gonna date tonnes of girls."

"Pfft." Key scoffed. "Playboy."

"As if there are even tonnes of girls here." Minho said.

"I'll have to find a few awesome chicken restraints around here soon." Onew smiled at his idea.

"I don't know what I would do." Taemin said.

"Just enjoy." Minho said.

Taemin nodded and asked "What about you hyung?" 

"Soccer." Minho said.

"Great idea." 

            -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"MWO?!" All five of them jumped as soon as the dean of the University told them that all of them were going to get different translators and they would have to stay alone and strictly 'not with each other' in the university.

"But why?" Taemin asked. "We already have manager Kyong as our translator." Taemin said looking at manager kyong who was in the room with them.

"I don't even need a translator." Key complained.

"I know, Mr. Kim." The dean said, "Only Mr. Lee, Mr. Kim, Mr. Choi and Mr. Lee would be getting translators." He continued, pointing at each of them.

"Wae?! I want a translator too then." Key said. "If they are getting one, I want one too."

Onew and Jjong cracked up, followed by Taemin. Minho cleared his throat in order to signal them to stop.

"Its alright. Not a big problem, a translator would be provided to you too then." The dean said. "Call the girls in the office." He told his assistant.

"Girls?" SHINee asked out of shock.

"Yeah. They are girls." 

Jjong smirked to himself.

         -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Five girls entered the office, all five were unique in themselves well how their look portrayed them and the dean started explaining them everything.

Onew, Jjong, Minho and taemin were busy thinking who was the one they were gonna end up with, while Key closely listened to their conversation.

They nodded and came out of the office and Manager Kyong told them to follow her outside too.
Manager kyong started explaining.

"She is Lee Ann, she'll be your translator Taemin and she'll help you with the university and your courses. This is Lee Taemin."

Both of them bowed at each other. And Taemin looked at the mature looking girl, in a skirt. She was the same age as him but looked quite mature than him and her brownish black hair was tied into a pony.

"This is Rachael Jung and this is Minho."

Rachael, was a tall girl with long hairs and thin legs and the pencil jeans she wore just fitted her perfectly with the loose top.

Minho was literally staring at her but soon he looked the oth way. She smiled as she bowed to everyone.

"This is Yoon Eunjoong, and this is Onew."

"Onew?" She asked.

"Lee Jinki, actually." Onew corrected her.

"Ah..." She nodded.

Yoon Eunjoong looked like a typical Korean girl, even though she was dressed up in jeans, you could make out how much she loved her country.

"She is Paige Klein and this is-" before manager Kyong could say it Paige finished it "Key. Hello."

"You know him?" Manager Kyong asked.

"I just saw his name on the papers kept on the office table." She said.
Paige, who was there with her books in her hands, totally looked like a geek. A geeky chick, who wore specs. She was the only blond in all the five.

"Really?" Key mouthed in the other direction.

Jjong who was quite excited to meet his translator, looked at the girl who stood at the end, dressed up in a pair of denims, a T-shirt and sneakers with her hair till her shoulders.

"This is Woo Misun." 

"And this is—"

Jjong cut her off and said, "Jonghyun", letting out his hand for a handshake.

She smiled at first and then scoffed and made the 'as-if-I-care' expression and left. Jonghyun stared at her lest and Onew and Key giggled behind him.

Then Manager Kyong got a call and she left.

"Hey, Taemin, c'mon, I'll show you around the campus." Ann said.
"Sure." Taemin said and waved rest of them goodbye.

"I think we need to do the same." Rachael told Minho and he nodded.

"Come on, I'll show you the library." Paige put her arms around Key's arms and took her before Key could even respond.

Looking at the others go, Onew asked, "are we supposed to go too?"

"I guess....." Eunjoong said.

Jonghyun, who was in the false belief that at least 'his' Onew hyung won't leave him alone was shattered.

Jonghyun sighed. "What am I supposed to do now?"

  -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Later at night all five of them sat in the common room, entertaining themselves. Minho, Taemin, Key and Jjong were playing video games while Onew was busy looking for the reviews of the closest chicken restaurants.
 
"Key can you order chicken for me, please?" Onew asked.

"Wae hyung? Eat it tomorrow in the university." Key said, "I'm just tired of ordering chicken for you. I want a break from that too." 

"But I can't eat chicken at the university." Onew led out a low moan.

"Hyung, are you alright?" Taemin asked. "Why can't you? Its in the cafeteria's menu."

"The thing is my translator is a vegetarian and I can't eat chicken with her. How am I going to survive for these six months?" Onew said frowning.

"You just won't be able to eat chicken, right?" Minho asked.

 "Well mine is worse... My translater is really lazy, she took me to the tour remember and on the half way she said she was too tired and then we went to the classes and she slept there. The rest of the day only I know what I was doing. Well, to be precise nothing?!" Minho finished.

"That's funny actually." Jjong said.

"Its not." Key said. "But mine is the worst. Today the whole day I was in the library studying geography with my translator and I guess I'll have to do that for the next six months too."

"Oh no..." Taemin said.

"What about you, Taemin?" Jjong asked. "Since everyone is busy in telling their sad tale, I'll listen you yours too."

"Oh,mine was alright. We just talked about each other, while we were on the tour."

"I see." Jjong said smiling.
"You look very happy, did something good happen?" Minho asked.

"Nothing, I just met a few girls, that's it and since my translator has got nothing to do with me anyway, it better for me." Jjong said.

"That's unfair." Key complained.

Jjong shrugged. "Who told you to take a translator anyway?"

"Hey, but that makes me think... Why is SM providing us with girl translators and even a manager...isn't it a bit strange?" Minho asked.

"Doesn't makes any sense. That too girls who totally like the things we don't." Key said.

"Exactly." Jonghyun said thinking. "They are totally opposite from us...doesn't it means that they provided us such translators that we couldn't even like in a life time."

"Yeah but why not provide us male translators, huh?" Taemin asked.

"So that we couldn't get in touch with other girls." Jjong said.

"SM...seriously." Key shook his head.

"Yeah...its their loss if we met someone during this holiday." Onew said for the first time.
"Now it does make sense." Minho said sighing. "This holiday is gonna be our worst one."

 -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Day by day, it was getting tougher for SHINee to meet at the university, they were like strangers to each other and with that their translators were a huge problem for them, except Taemin and Jjong who werewolves quite enjoying this stay. Even though they did sight seeing on the weekends but the week days were no less than a torture. All they could do was to wait for the weekends during the week days.

Minho came up with a stealth plan of hiding away from their translators and meeting in the cafeteria, since that was the most busiest place of the university and it was really impossible to find someone in the break there. All of them agreed on the plan and decided to meet there.

They were living together and could meet each other at home, but still, being with their translators was juat too much and it was a change for Onew to eat chicken, so there was no way he was gonna miss it and key couldn't leave a single chance to sneak out of the library.

Regarding Minho, it was his plan anyway and Jjong, even though he was enjoying, he was ready to meet them there. Taemin was the only one who was against it, well not really against it but, he thought that it would be better if they met after telling it to their translators so that they don't have to worry or hide later, but he had to agree with his hyungs because they said he was acting like a kid and he hated being called a 'kid'.

The next day, they somehow sneaked from the places and met at the cafeteria. They had chicken, just like Onew had decided.

It was after a long time they were sitting together like this... Taemin said he always wanted to go to school with them and talk about school life which was happing that day. They made sure not to bring the 'translators' topic, because it would surly spoil the whole mood.

Just then Mi-sun was passing from near their table when she noticed them together. She went near the table and said putting off her hood, "annyeong!" 

"Mind if I join you?" She asked.

Misun(Jjong's translator) was completely dressed up as a boy, this time she was also wearing a hooded jacket, if she hasn't put off her hood, it would have been impossible to recognise that she was a girl, her hairs were as well hidden under the hood and so...

"No—" key  and Jjong both started their denying speech but Onew and Taemin put their hands on their  mouths, avoiding them to speak and said, "of course, we would be glad if you did."

Then Onew and Taemin removed their hands when key looked at them angrily.

"I saw jonghyun here, so I thought it would be better if I talked to him here." She said. Even though she was talking about Jonghyun, she looked at everyone except him.

"Me?" Jjong asked, pointing at himself, shocked.

She totally ignored him and went on, "Since, we have been assigned to be your translators, so I thought I would do this, after all its just for six months."

She just didn't know how far she would go lying, it wasn't just six months for her but six 'centuries' if she had to be with Jonghyun.

"And my grades, they are really bad believe me. And I was said if I carried on being his translator, I might get extra marks, so I believe, I'll do it." She said raising her shoulders.

"But why don't you want to be his translator?" Minho asked.

"Preety simple, I don't like his face." She said straight.

Jonghyun just started at her.

"What do you mean?" He finally asked.

"Just what you heard." She replied still not looking at him.

"She's more honest than Key hyung." Taemin said.

Jinki was busy eating his last piece of chicken so he didn't comment.

"And YOU listen to me very carefully," Misun started looking at Jonghyun for the first time. "Don't even try to flirt with a girl in front of me, ani, just don't even dare to see a girl in front of me, or else you-are-DEAD, I mean LITERALLY DEAD. Because that's a behaviour I can't really stand. And I seriously hate such guys more than anything. You got it? So just BEHAVE!!" She finished.

This time all five of them were 'literally' staring at her including Onew, who was eating chicken. 

Then she turned to the rest four and said, "I'll go now, that's what I wanted to say. See you guys around." 

She bowed slightly and left, putting her hood on.

"She's...." Key started but never finished. He was also out of words.

By the time SHINee stared her go, Manager kyong joined them.

"Here you all are." She said.

"What? Are our translators finding us?" Key asked.

"Not really. There's just a report that you're missing." She said.

"Oh..." They nodded.

"So we can relax for a while right?" Jjong asked, recovering from the shock he just got.

"I was just about to ask, can I join you? Since I was thirsty myself." Manager kyong said.

"Of course." Onew said.

"I'll go grab a drink. Be right back." She said.

"Wait up. I'll go grab one." Minho said and she sat down with them.

"This holiday is even worse than the work days." Key nagged stomping his head on the table once.

"You just need to have fun don't you?" Manager kyong asked.

"Well, FYI, this isn't really fun." Jjong added.

"I see Onew-ssi and Taemin-ssi are enjoying." She said.

"No, not Onew hyung, he's just glad he's eating chicken."  Jjong said.

"We want to go back." Key said.

Seeing Key and Jjong putting their heads on the table, Taemin said,"its alright, but since we are here, we can try to have fun,right?" 

Minho returned with two drinks. He gave one to manager kyong and sat down with the another for himself.

"Hey, where is my drink?" Onew asked.

"Sorry hyung. Was I supposed to being one for you too?" Minho asked, confused and then looked at Jonghyun and key. 

"What's up with them?" He asked.

Onew shrugged.

Just then all the girls in the cafeteria started screaming and ran towards then entrance.

"What is it?" Key and Jjong asked raising their heads from the table.

All five of them tried to see who it was but they couldn't eee anyone.

"Who is it?" Key asked from a boy from the neighbouring table.

"He's a new smart boy I have heard he used to be a kpop idol." He replied.

Minho spilled his drink after listening to what the boy said.

"KPOP IDOL?!" Minho and key asked. Out of the rest members excluding key, Minho was the best in English.

"What happened?" Jjong asked.

"He said the person is a kpop idol."Minho said in Korean.

" Ex-kpop idol." Key corrected him. "He said he used to be."

"What?!" The three of them responded quite quicker than expected.

"Anyway. Who do you think is he?" Minho asked.

They waited for everyone to settle so that he could see his face...he came and sat on an empty table and put on his headphones and ate his food.

"Lu...Lu....LUHAN?!!" All five of them shouted at once.

Manager kyong chocked and started coughing. Taemin passed a tissue to her while Minho passed the water.

"Gwenchana?" Onew asked.

She nodded. "I just remembered I forgot something very important. Excuse me." She said and got up to leave.

"What happened to her?" Key asked watching her go.

"That doesn't matters right now....what is he doing here?!" Jjong asked.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"But why is he here?" Minho asked throwing the mini basket ball into its mini basket, while he sat with the others in the common room, later that evening.

"He might be here for higher studies." Taemin said.

"Yeah, but I don't think that's the case." Key said.

"There might be other reasons as well but I was really curious to know what made him leave SM." Jjong said.

"Exactly, but who wouldn't wanna leave SM?" Key said. "Its just that we can't."

Jjong nodded.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

In a month, Minho had started getting sick of her translator, all she did was to sleep and whenever Minho thought of going to the university gym or something, she said she was too tired or she won't be able to do it. Which was the behaviour Minho hated the most.

Minho entered his class and saw her sitting in the last bench, and as usual she was sleeping. Minho went and sat at his ususal place, just before her. He didn't care to wake her up at all, after all he could use some silence because whenever she was awake, she would keep on talking and taking and Minho had to listen to it all. But still he liked watching her sleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter