2

Twins

Taemin looked at himself on the big mirror hanging on the wall, being all dolled up and he still couldn't believe what he was doing. Leading on his best friend to just simply know he would date him if he was a girl. Sounds pretty crazy, right?

"You are thinking too much again." Key said as he patted his shoulder to comfort him a little. Key was there not only to dress him up and make the perfect girl from Taemin but to calm him down too, because from the very first moment, Taemin felt guilty for doing something like this.

"I can't help it." he sighed as he looked from the mirror to his friend. "When is he coming?"

In a second later, before Key could reply to his question, the bell rang.

"Now." Key said as he turned around and came to open the door for Minho. Taemin bit into his lips to not to smile on something so little like this, to Minho always being so accurately exact- he has never been late any of their non-dates- even if Taemin liked to pretend they were on real dates- and how Taemin was the compleetly opposite from him, always being late from everywhere.

  He stopped thinking about this after he heard Key calling out for him. He slowly made his way downstairs as he was still thinking about to tell Minho it all was only a joke and continue their little friendship like nothing happened.

But he forgot everything as he saw Minho staring at him and felt a little pang of jealously of himself- his girl self- as Minho looked at him with so much adoration radiating from his eyes but Taemin ignored it. He pretended he was still he and not she and Minho looked at him like this and not her.

"Hi." Minho almost whispered and Taemin wasn't sure why. He wasn't an utterly beautiful girl, he was just fine enough and after all, Minho couldn't be attracted to him in such a short time. "You look good."

Taemin knew he was looking good. He spent the whole morning transforming into like this and it looked like it worth it. 

"Thanks." the brunette boy said with a smile and maybe blushed a little but well, he could let himself blush if it was about Minho.

"Can you two go? I have someone coming over." Key said as he had enough of the two idiot staring at each other but not muttering a word. Just smiles and blushes-. Anyway, if he thought about it, it was very similar how they act when Taemin is Taemin and Minho is just a friend and not a date partner. He sighed as the two chuckled a little, then left without saying goodbye to him because they were too busy being an almost couple.

He asked himself again; why was he friends with these morons?

 

 

"What do you want to do?" Taemin asked as they walked up and down in the mall. Yes, mall and suddenly Taemin felt like he wasn't on a date at all, just on one of their usual friendly meetings. How was Minho capable to date with all those girls when he had no creativity with dates.

The elder seemed like to be deep in his thoughts.

"Well, I supposed to see a new movie with Taemin today but we couldn't, so maybe we can watch that." he smiled down at Taemin and the boy was dying to ask Minho something to see what would he say.

"Oh, so why aren't you with him, now?" he asked with acted innocence because hell, Minho was a little lying .

"He was sick." this liar. Taemin thought, then Minho continued what surprised him the most. "He can get sick easily so I'm always worried for him even if he hates that too much concern but I can't help about it."

Minho stared at the thin air with so dreamy eyes. Taemin looked at him and was so close to ask if he liked him but suddenly the other shook his head and laughed out loudly.

"What I'm talking about? You are his sister, you must know how weak he is." and now, instead of hugging him, Taemin felt like he wanted to kick the boy on shin to dare saying something like this. He wanted to defend himself but he couldn't, after all practically he and Taeyeon didn't like each other.

"You must like him a lot." Taemin didn't care being so shy, anymore. He wanted to know more because maybe, maybe he had 1 percent chance to Minho actually liked him.

"Why do you think that?" Minho flashed a smile but Taemin knew it better. He was nervous at the moment and Taemin was way too curious to drop the topic.

"You're talking about him a lot." it was true after all. The whole way here was about Taemin even if Minho always referred him as a friend.

"Oh, it must make you uncomfortable." the elder said and with a sudden topic change, he said to the cashier in the cafeteria of the cinema. "I'd like to have a big bunch of sweet popcorn and chocolate milkshake, and a coke with nachos."

After he got his order- Taemin just stared at him patiently praying Minho just forgot that he was here with Taeyeon instead of Taemin and that was the cause he ordered Taemin's favourites an not because he got busted- Minho turned around with a smile at Taemin and handed him the popcorn and the milkshake- what was he always ordered and his favourites even if Minho said he's going to have diabetes just looking at it- when he realized what he has done. Panic filled his big orbs and Taemin had to hold back himself not to burst into laughter.

"God, I ordered for Taemin. I'm sorry! What would you like?" he gabbled quickly. "You two just look so similar!"

The younger put a hand on Minho's shoulder who seemed drowning in self-hatred because the two didn't like each other, yet he kept reminding Taeyeon to his brother.

"It's okay Minho." he said with a smile one part because of the relief he felt and one part because he wanted to calm Minho down a little. "These are my favourites too."

 

 

The movie was good, the atmosphere was awkward a little. Honestly, it all was Taemin's fault since he didn't know how to behave like a girl. Minho tried to talk with him but he was might be busted himself with an answer slipping out from his mouth what was typical Taemin.

Taemin saw the corner of his eyes that Minho kept stealing glances at him and he couldn't decide if it was a good sign or not. Suddenly Minho leaned to him and whispered.

"How about we ditching this movie" since it was horrible after all "and we go to eat some ice cream?" his voice was excited and this feeling easily rubbed off on the boy too. He felt himself smiling as he answered back with a sentence what was something Taemin would say and he was afraid he betrayed himself and hated his love for ice cream in the cold season. 

"Ice cream in winter? More than okay." Taemin held back his breath until Minho giggled and ruffled his hair- luckily his fingers didn't reach the extensions- and took his wrist to pull her out from the movie.

 

 

The frozen sweetness somehow managed to melt them a little, so it wasn't that awkward anymore. They joked around and smeared ice cream on one another- Taemin fought down his disgust about sharing ice creams, it was one of the three things (lollipops, apples and ice cream) that he would never ever share but now he managed somehow to not to be so much like himself- as the sun slowly came down. That was when Minho asked something what made Taemin stop breathing for a moment.

"Do you think Taemin likes someone?" the boy looked at Minho like he was crazy. How the hell did this come into his mind when he was there with a beautiful 'lady'. Maybe that was the cause he never got a girlfriend for a long time. "I mean, I know you two aren't close but maybe you know."

"Why do you want to know?" why did he feel so brave now, he didn't understand but it felt nice. Minho nervously scratched the back of his head and answered.

"I just- he's so distant nowadays and he keeps this dreamy face on and not like it would disturb me or anything but he looks like he dresses up more nicely- he dressed nicely before too but now, he's wow. Also he looks like he's about to burst into laughter in one moment and then in crying in the next."

Wow, he didn't know he was that obvious. Cool. At least, Minho noticed he looked nice- what took him too much time in the mornings, it was horrible- so his effort got some attention.

If Minho was this opened for him, he didn't have a heart to lie to him.

"I know that he likes someone. I just don't know who." as Taemin spoke he smiled softly and looked down on the ground but when he hold up his head to face to Minho, he couldn't stop his laughter as he saw the true horror on the other's face. "Don't worry, he won't abandon you. Also that someone doesn't like him back."

"Who wouldn't like Taemin?"  Minho sounded angry and Taemin pressed a fading smile out of himself.

Yeah Minho, who wouldn't?