4

Twins

Taemin was broken. He knew it will happen. He knew his pretty liar would lead things to happen like this. He knew it would end their long-term friendship. And for what a price? To get to know if Minho would date with him if he were a girl. He would- Minho would've dated with him even if he was a boy.

Only if he knew this. He wouldn't have played. He would've saved himself from long time heart aching- and Minho from feel like he was betrayed. Because he was, Taemin decided. He would reacted like Minho if he was in his place. Taemin would reacted so badly if he were Minho. He would yell with himself and tell him that he was good for nothing.

He never expected this. He never expected Minho to like him. It was just not how things worked. Taemin and Minho were best friends since they could remember- yet, they have never spoken about feelings in these whole time. They talked about everything, excluding the feeling between them. They never talked how their friendship improved a level when they were almost lovers- yet they weren't at the end. Now Taemin knew if he were a little braver, he could have everything.

Especially, he could have Minho with him.

 

 

"You're an idiot." Kibum said as he watched Taemin groaning while he was lying on his stomach, face down. It was a rather comical sight but he didn't feel like it would be a good idea now, so he stayed silent- as much as he could. But Kibum had to tell him that since he was an idiot, indeed.

"Thank you so much. I appreciate it very much." Taemin mumbled, his voice was toned down because of the cushion he hid his face. He rolled over and looked at Kibum with narrowed eyes. "You knew it all along, right?"

"Of course."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" the boy groaned loudly again because there were so much ways to make it with Minho, yet he missed all of them.

"I wanted you two to find it out yourselves." Kibum looked over at Taemin and sighed. He was surrounded with idiots. "I was clearly wrong."

"Yes, you were." Taemin was still not over the fact that Minho liked him and Kibum knew it. He knew it but decided not to tell him- so their confession would be more meaningful. Except, the auburn boy decided to blow up and destroy everything. "I was, too."

"Don't you want to do something?" Key asked, he did feel a bit guilty. If he didn't force Taemin to dress up like a girl, he wouldn't be in this circumstances. On the other hand, he hadn't force  him to tell Minho that he was his own twin. The all situation got off of Taemin's hands so quickly, he didn't even realized first.

"What can I do, Key? He hates me, now." his voice became less and less audible as he spoke. He didn't want to admit it what was rather a fact for him now. Minho must hated him. How could he not hate him when Taemin lied to him and told him that he was nothing but a close friend for him. He literally friendzoned him- in a quite cruel way.

"What can you do?" Kibum repeated and raised his voice. He won't let his friend wallow in self pity. He wanted to help him. "First of all, you don't just lie around and pity yourself. You won't get anywhere with this. Second, I apparently know that Minho is in the same way like you- you truly are soul mates, I swear. He thinks you don't like him. You have to fix this!"

"But how, Key? Stand in front of him and tell him I'm sorry? I don't think it will be enough." in fact, Taemin was just scared to face Minho. The other never ever raised his voice on the auburn boy but he did when everything turned bad. It meant that it really hurt him, right?

"It's something you have to figure out." Kibum patted the other's head. "Go and dress up. I drive you to Minho's."

For the first time since their fight, Taemin smiled- and Kibum's heart swell up and remembered why he befriended with them- because these idiots make him feel happy.

"Thanks, Key."

 

 

"I'm going to pass out." Taemin mumbled it for the millionth time since they left. Kibum looked over him through his sunglasses and smiled.

"I think you will be fine." Taemin's plan might work, Kibum thought. He might make everything right for once. He prayed to let it be like that.

"I hope it, too."

 

 

"Don't leave me. I need a backup."

"Taemin, you're a grown man- you can handle this."

"Have you looked at me? I'm everything but a man right now."

"You know that's not how I meant it."

 

Minho listened to the loud bickering in front of his house and smiled a bit to himself. Taemin was here. He wasn't sure if he was here because he wanted to apologize or because he wanted to ask him out.

Minho was opened both of the options- but he still preferred the latter.

The doorbell rang and Minho's heart raced with such a high speed, he was afraid he'll get heart attack. He rushed to the door- he knew he should be still angry at Taemin but he couldn't help it, Taemin always brought this side of him out of Minho- but when he opened it, there wasn't the sight of the blushing Taemin in too big jumpers on him. It was Taeyeon.

He was damned if he understood anything.

"Taemin, what are you-" Minho started but he was quickly cut off by the boy in front of him.

"Taeyeon." he corrected Minho. "And I'm here because I want to tell you something about my brother."

Until this, Minho thought about Taemin like a quite bad actor- he easily busted himself in the first time he tried to tell Minho he was Taeyeon- but now, he wasn't that bad. Even, if Minho didn't know it was surely Taemin, he would believe he was wrong and Taemin really had a girl twin.

Fake-twin Taeyeon looked over self-confident and it made Minho curious even though he felt like Taemin was mocking him and he had to fight down the urge to kick Taemin out of his house.

"Then go on, Taeyeon."

"He was right. I don't like you." Taemin- no, no Taeyeon, he had to stay in act if he wanted to succeed- saw the disappointed glint in Minho's eyes. He bit down a smile because it was hard to stay serious when he had this surprise as the next thing he wanted to say. "Because he likes you."

"What?"

"Look Minho, I know you're really fond of me- you can't deny it but it can't work since my brother likes you." the smile broke out on Taemin's lips- his nervousness melted down when he saw Minho's melting up, too. "He likes you very much. Since you hit on that girl back in middle school- he realized his feelings for you. He was just a prick and a coward, and he decided it would be better if he stays silent about it. Years and years passed and he grew to like you more and more.

"He was curious if you would date him if he were a girl- so he created me. You did after all. His theory was filled." Taemin pulled down his wig and looked at Minho with pleading eyes. "I was desperate by then."

"It's okay." Minho finally said, every second increased the amount of Taemin's anxiety back. "But you were wrong."

"About what?" Taemin looked up to Minho and to his biggest surprise, Minho was inches away. His breath was lingering on Taemin's lips and the boy decided he finally did something right.

Quite right.

"I would prefer you over Taeyeon."

 

 

an/ i hope you like it; thank you for the love. :-)