3

Twins

Taemin tried his best to ignore Minho since that day. Both of his Taemin and Taeyeon self. But he still couldn't truly avoid him. Minho was irresistible when he asked Taemin with big, sleepy eyes and flushed cheeks to let him sleep in his bed because Taemin's scent always made him dream good. How could the auburn say no to him after saying things like this?

Taemin cursed himself for his soft heart for Minho because the only thing he wanted to do is scream at him and tell him the answer Minho's own question. Who wouldn't like Taemin? You Minho, you ing head.

But Taemin couldn't be angry at him after he took the auburn- rather Taeyeon, but he keeps denying it to himself- out to such a cute dates. Minho really wanted to spoil her, he took her on expensive places to dinner together and he acted all the way like a gentleman. And the boy knew because all of these costs, Minho had to work in another part-time job- what made his sleepiness understandable.

On the other hand, Taeyeon couldn't give him much just some pecks on the cheek and hand holding- and Taemin was afraid beforehand from the time he will have to tell Minho about the truth. But when he met Minho like Taemin, he always tried to make Minho's life easier- even if it was something so little like letting him sleep in his bed.

"What are you doing?" a deep voice asked, husky from the sleeping, behind him but Taemin didn't have to turn around, he knew who was the owner of the voice.

"Thinking." he said softly as Minho hopped beside him on the couch and laid his head down on Taemin's lap. It was a habit when they're like this and Taemin flays with Minho's yet black hair like they were lovers. Their long friendship was always like acting as a couple like it was normal. Taemin didn't think it was normal, nor any of their friends- they always asked things like when they will marry and much more- what just made it harder to the auburn to close out his feeling to his best friend.

"You seem like thinking too much nowadays." Minho said simply and closed his eyes, seeking for more calmness and energy. Taemin just hummed, not very sure what should he say next. I was thinking about you, only? No, ew, he hated these cheesy sentences in his mind.

"Taemin!" Minho called out for him with eyes closed and a little smile playing on his lips.

"Hm?" Taemin mindlessly hummed, too deep in his thoughts on how silky Minho's hair is.

"Do you like someone?" the question took the auburn boy on surprise. He stopped caressing Minho's hair and knowing well that the other won't open his eyes now, he stared lovingly down at his best friend. Stolen glances- it shouldn't be stolen, Taemin knew. He knew it was his own fault falling for his best friend from childhood but yet, he couldn't do anything against it.

"Maybe." Taemin decided on giving a neutral answer, avoiding the awkward questions.

"Maybe? You won't tell me then?" Minho sound a bit disappointed. Taemin guessed it was the disappointment of his best friend won't tell him his crush on somebody. Silence fell on them but it only took for a minute when Minho called out fro the boy again. "Taemin!"

"Yes?"

"I do like someone." a smile broke out on Minho's lips and Taemin had to bite the inside of his mouth not to show out an expression what would betray him immediately.

"Is it Taeyeon?" Taemin blurted out because he knew it. He ing knew it from the moment Minho said those words. He just hoped it wouldn't be so early because what if his little prank can lead to lost his best friend for forever. He sighed as he saw a smile growing on Minho's lips.

"Kind of." as he said that, he opened his eyes and a dreamy look made its' way to his face. How Taemin wished that this was only a nightmare. He wanted those lips to curl for him and not for a nonexistent girl whom Minho dated only 8 times. Didn't Minho see that Taeyeon just takes advantages of him? God. What was he thinking just now? He was jealous of himself. He was surely going crazy and it was entirely Minho's fault.

"I don't think she likes you." Taemin said, out of his common sense, because was there anyone other than himself who got jealous of himself? The auburn boy didn't think so. He watched Minho's face drop slightly and Taemin couldn't feel anything other than regret. But also, he had to cut these feelings out of Minho because he didn't want him hurt more when Taemin will tell him the truth. "She told me, she likes you as a friend. The best of it."

"A friend?" Minho echoed and Taemin nodded.

"Yes, a friend. She's seeing other men, too." these cruel lies fell out of Taemin's mouth so easily, he swore, he became a pretty good liar from the beginning of his fake twin life.

"But I thought she likes me!" Minho's voice made the auburn's heart break. "I clearly saw the signs!"

"Oh, she thought that too. That's why she started to date with you!"

"So she doesn't feel anything for me?" Minho was sitting next to Taemin and looked into his eyes. The boy thought he looked like he was searching for something, so since he knew how much he's an open book for Minho, he hardened his gaze.

"No. She thought she may like you but she can't feel anything when she's with you. But Taeyeon said, you're as important for her as a precious friend." as for then, Taemin thought he made a pretty good job making his nonexistent sister look like a horrible person and Minho won't ever meet her again. He would rather help Minho to get a girlfriend- a stranger one- than seeing Minho being head over heels for someone who was made up by Taemin.

"I can't believe it!" Minho  stood up and hid his frustrated face behind his hands to help him calm down but it clearly didn't help anything. He turned to Taemin, his eyes were on fire as he almost screamed the sentence. "I can't believe you!"

"What?!" the one word sentence slipped out of his mouth in his surprise and he didn't even realize."

"I thought it was cute from you to dress up as a girl to be with me more, I thought you like me!" Minho mumbled, rather to himself than to Taemin. He slowly walked toward the door to go away from this damned apartment before he could burn up the whole place. He was mad- at himself but mostly at Taemin. Playing with other's feeling was something he thought the boy wouldn't ever do. He might misunderstood him the whole time. "It seems like I was wrong."