Ch. 5 Awkward

Bloom

As Yebin and Ken were walking towards the bus stop, Yebin noticed that Ken's eyes has been fixed on her the whole time. He also hasn't been saying anything, which was rather unusual especially for him.

She thought to herself  What's wrong with this kid? He usually has random things to say all the time. He is always babbling talking nonsense or bringing up irrelevant topics to the point that it' impossible to shut him up. But now that I think about it does feel nice that he isn't annoying me right now.

Yebin just continued to walk and decide to let it go. After walking for 20 mins in silence she started to feel awkward and thought. Ahh I know I enjoy peace and quiet but it feels soo weird that all I hear is our footsteps. Does he have nothing to say? Because I sure don't know how to break this cold atmostphere. He usually does all the talking while I listen.

"Did you get hurt badly? Do you need to go to the hospital? It can't be that bad. I barely pushed on the door and you're not even bleeding", Yebin asked trying to figure out the reason for his unusual behavior.

"Huh? Oh right. I fell down. No its fine actually. How about you, ya good", Ken asked while smiling at her.

"Im....fineee", Yebin replied feeling confuse. Why was he being nice to her. She let that though linger in her mind until she decided to just forget about it and just enjoy the moment. You'll never know how long Ken will be acting like this. She thought "Well this is good, maybe he finally matured after so many years"

When they arrived at the bookstore, Yebin still realized that he is still staring at her. Yebin wasn't sure why he was doing that and thought that maybe her make up was messed up. She rarely uses make up, so her skills are still lacking. She thought that maybe she looked weird. Ken just wasn't saying anything so that she will be walking around looking like an idiot and try to embarrassed her. This reason may also explain why he had a stupid smile in his face the whole time they were walking here.

While she was worrying about Ken's potential plan to humiliate her, Ken suddenly excussed himself to go the bathroom. Yebin then took that opportunity to go to one of the empty hallways in  the bookstore to check her make up  and see if her suspicion was correct. She also wanted to find an unusual book hidden behind the unpopular sections of the bookstore. Everytime she goes there, there is always some peculiar book she finds that spark her interest.

While Yebin headed there, Ken was actually also trying to find an empty hallway. He was trying to calm himself quickly and the bathroom was just too far. He couldn't handle how adorable Yebin looked anymore. He tried looking away from her, but her beauty was like a magnet him. His eyes couldn't look away. Because he looked at her too much, his heart is beating too fast that it felt like his heart his about to burst out from his chest. If he didnt calm himself soon, he felt like he is going have a heart attack. Then they would have had to call the ambulance and make people worry about him. He'll make a bunch of unnessary work for people to take him to the hospital and bother people to chaperone him. He was just not having any of that and let that ruin his date.

However, he couldn't help what he is feeling. When he stared at her all he was thinking about was trying to kiss her, but he had to hold back. He does want to shock her and cause her to distant herself from him. He knows that she is really shy and has trouble socializing. Therefore he knows that being in a relationship would be too much to handle for her. He wants to take things slow with her and just be happy that he gets to spend time with her, even if it's just friends.

To help himself calm down. He started doing push ups and jumping jacks to burn off his energy.

Okay, don't think about her right now. I know she's looking cute in that flowy dress but think about her in that dirty looking pajamas earlier. Hahaha I can't believe she still wears those. It looks soo old. Ahh but she still looked adorable. No no Ken! Think straight! She's Yebin, that nerdy girl that's always so clumsy that she always gets into trouble, which makes you want to protect her and make sure she is safe and hug her, hold her hand to make sure she stays close to you and not do anything dangerous because she is too delicate and precious that you can only lightly peck her in the forehead, afraid she will just shatter into pieces if you don't handle her carefully... AHHHH noo focus focus. We just friends ok friends.

As he was thinking this to himself, he saw Yebin in the cracks of the bookshelves across from him. Then an idea popped into his head as he looked at his surroundings. He thought that this would be the perfect for doing those romatic library scenes in the movies. He knows that they are suppose to be friends right now but, friends can recreate movies scenes for fun right?

He tried to get her attention by calling her name quietly, so that its more sweet, but she didn't seem like she heard him. Therefore, he thought of moving some books aside, so that she could see him and maybe try whispering louder. As he reached for he books., a bunch of kids decided to run behind him and they knocked him in the back causing him to move the bookshelves. Instead of sweetly whispering her name, he ended up yelling, "Yebin - ahhhhhch!! Who let these kindergarteners play around in here. Where are their parents.?"


As Yebin was checking herself in the mirror she got startled by Ken's yelling and then some books fell, hitting her in the foot. " Ouchhhhh what the he.... Ken? Why did u do...?" . The pain on her foot was too severe that she couldnt finish her sentence and had to sit down on the floor to soothe the pain  in her throbing foot by applying pressure.

After some relieving she finally blew out her angry on Ken. "Aissh jincha  I thought you finally matured but you are still a kid. Was that amusing to you? Hurting people? My gosh when are you gonna grown up?"

Afraid that he really hurt her, Ken sprinted towards her to make sure she is ok. He took off the sandal on the injured foot and started massaging her.

"Im sorry i didnt mean too.. you see there was this kids and they.. ay i dont know are you ok?" Ken felt really guitly that he hurted her. He didnt know how to relieve her pain and was starting to panic. Then suddenly, without his control, he just hugged her. Tight! Then he placed his hands on her back and rubbed it to calm her. "IM SORRY im sorry ok it was my fault. I wont do it again. I swear, I promised that I will never hurt you."

Yebin was shocked by the sudden skinship and just sat there frozen not knowing how to respond.
Ken then realized his overreaction and figured that she is probably feeling confused and awkward right now. So he slowly let go of her and helped her up.

Ken's action cause this awkward feeling to form around them and  he didn't know how to get rid of it. He then thought of just teasing her to break the friction between them. He started joking around so that she would forget about what just happened right now."Ahh its your fault you got hurt. Ur reflex is so slow you couldnt dodge the books. So were even now right? You hurt me in the morning and I did this. You even slammed the door in my face."

Yebin was finally awaken and responded. "What are you talking about Im the quickest person in this city. I had my fair share of running away." She started feeling more comfortable again and added," Im sorry again for earlier. I guess we are even" Even though she still felt weird about that hug, she wanted to forget about it because it was too hard to find an explaination to why he would suddenly do that and also why he was suddenly being nice. She already has too much things to worry about.

Ken suggest finding the book that he destroyed yesterday and Yebin followed him........

....to be continued

___________

Hahah the update came faster than you thought right??? ahhh I keep extending this chapter. Its getting to long so ill just break it apart so I can publish it now and continue later. Ken Ken Ken why am I writing you like this, idk either. I hope to put in Ravi soon. Sorry if there are grammar mistakes, I dont really like editing.