Ch.1 First Encounter

Bloom

It was 5:15 pm and the librarian annouced that the library was closing in 15 mins. As soon as Yebin heard it, she hurried and finished the last pages of the chapter she was reading.

Then she pouted because she realized she needed to find a different place to read again and face other new people.

        The library was her comfortable spot where no one would talk to her. She didnt want to go home because her house was nosy. It was next to the train and her house was also old. There was always something breaking. Sometimes the electic box would act out and all the power in her house would be out. Her household is really poor so her parents would also fight and yell at each other all day long because of financial issues.

        Because she didnt really grow up in a friendly environment and was the only child, she had social problems. She had anxiety whenever someone speaks to her ,so she did not have any friends.

       She tried being more social but then she gets scared that people would just not like her and just be judgy. She would then start thinking about everything bad about herself. Then think that no one wants to be her friend.

        Therefore,she just read a lot of books in order to escape reality. While reading she would pretend to be the outgoing, the popular, or  the strong  protagonist. Through books she could be someone who she wanted to be and live an exciting life.

         Because all Yebin did was read and she studdered everytime she tried to talk to someone or be awkward when someone talk to her; her classmates had always taught she was a nerd and a weirdo. She had always been bullied since elementary school and it is now even worst in high school.

           When the clock hit 5:30 the librarian told every one to leave the library. Yebin unwillingly packed up her things and started thinking of a new place to go. She didnt want to go to a coffee place because she had no money and the baristas would always kick her out if she didnt buy anything.

       She couldnt think of anywhere to go so she just headed back home. As she was going home, she went to a wrong path because she was reading while walking.

       As she looked up from her book she realized that she was lost and started to panic. But then she noticed a beautiful huge tree which pulled her attention. It seems like a nice quiet spot to read at and she couldnt pass it up. She didnt even care that she had no idea where she was at. She just went to the tree and started reading becuase she did not want to go home yet.

       She opened up her book and continued what she was reading. She got lost into the story in her book and began fantasizing.

          As she was enjoying herself she heard a voice but she just ignored it. Until it started being loud and annoying.

       "YAH! Cant you hear me? Hey loser what are you doing? reading again?", the voice said.

      Yebin was then back to reality and realized someone was yelling at her.  

"Wow! How disrespecful. You should at least look up when someone is talking to you" a thug looking girl yelled. 

      Yebin looked up and recognized the girl was one of her bullies at school ,Hayoung. Darn I should have gone home, Yebin thought to herself. She then began panicking. She thought of running but she knew that the bully is faster than her and Hayoung would just be more angry at Yebin for making her chase her. Therefore, she just stayed where she was and hoped Hayoung wouldnt really hurt her that badly.

     Hayoung went to over the tree and started messing with Yebin hair. "How's it going huh? Didnt see you today, are you avoiding me?"

    Yebin responded with a shaky voice, " ahh  no i di di dint mayyybe you you just did... not see me?"

"Well ok , you do seem to be invisible? What do we have here a new book?" Hayoung said as she stole the book from Yebin's hand.

"Pls give it it ba  back?" Yebin begged. Hayoung wouldnt back off and continued bullying her. Then all of a sudden they heard a deep voice out of no where.

"Hey can you please shut up I'm trying to sleep in here!", the voice yelled sounding ticked off. It turned out that it was coming from the other side of the tree.

A handsome looking tall guy wearing snapback and headphones then appeared from behind the tree looking pissed. "Why are you here bullying people anyways. Do you have nothing better to do?"

The bully at first couldnt say anything because she was so shocked by his beauty. She then came to her senses and just said, "Oh I'm sorry I'm not bullying her we're friends just kidding around hehe" lied Hayoung while trying to look cute.

Yebin thought to herself " omg ya ryt trying to be kyoot. Dont even pretend to be nice. Even if im desperate for friends  I do not want you to be mine"

The handsome guy didnt fall for it. "Yeeeaaah I totally believe that. If you are her friend then im Gdragon" he said sarcastically " and dont try to act kyoot. Everyone can see you're ugly with that personality".

Yebin was suprised that someone was actually sticking up for her for the first time. Who is this guy? He sure told her. Even though Hayoung is a girl, she can beat up anyone. Is he not scared of her?

Hayoung then got angry "Wow You maybe kyoot but no one calls me ugly! Why are you helping her anyways do you know her?"

"She is my friend huh! So stop bothering her!", the boy yelled. Hayoung became angry and started to form a fist. The boy saw and took the book from the bully's hand and also Yebin's hand.

"Let's go and run before she blows up. C'mon" then they started running.

       Yebin just went along but she was not sure what is happening. She still shocked. She wasnt shock because someone was bullying her. She was used to that. It was because some one called her a friend. "I'm someones friend? Omg " she thought to herself.

         She then realized that she is holding his hand and was running. "Wait huh? What happenned when did I leave the tree? Where's Hayoung?", Yebin thought. She then realized the nice thing that this random guy just did and wanted to thank him. However, she didnt know how  and what to say. They soon stopped running but she still hasnt thought of what to say.

          "Woah you can see steam coming out from her ears she was so angry. Do you always get bullied? Good thing I was there to save you.", the dashing boy said. 

        Yebin wanted to respond and thank him but she struggled forming words all that came out was " ah um um ahh .... ". She really wanted to show her gratitude but her awkward self just cant. Its the first time someone is nice to her. She doesnt know how to react.

       The boy grew impatient of her trying to say something and said "Ok i guess you're just still in shock of getting bullied. I still have a group practice to go to and Im going to be late. Aaayish I didnt even get to enjoy my sleep. My name is Ravi by the way. Nice meeting you!", he waved and then ran until he was too far to be seen.

Before Yebin could even tell her name or even say thank you, he was gone. She became upset because its the first time someone was nice to her and he just disappered. What if she doesnt see him again. . .