Ch 22 - Splish splash!

Breaking for you
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few hours after Kwang Soo's mad dash after Charity, the two part ways. Kwang Soo gathers his things from "his" room and heads out for home, planning to spend a day or two with family since he has a couple of free days. Before he leaves, he shows Jong Kook where to drop his laundry, leaving his own in a heap by the front door. 

Jong Kook ambles around the apartment a bit, feeling strange to be left there on his own. However, with the temperature between him and Charity finally rising above frigid, staying has become more appealing. The apartment is convenient to most of his appointments, he and Kwang Soo are often going the same way, and it's also kind of nice to be staying on his own. Not that he's exactly alone staying at Charity's, but there's a difference between staying with a friends - well, a friend and a Charity - and staying at home in the same apartment as his parents. Especially now that he's seeing Hannah. Questions from family can wait while he gets their relationship established. 

He removes a couple of glasses from the sink, washing them and putting them away. He gives the floor a quick sweep and wipes down the surfaces in the bathroom he and Kwang Soo use. He carries a bag of trash to the trash chute and places a fresh bag in the bin. Looking around, there isn't much left for him to do. His schedule is also surprisingly clear for the rest of the afternoon, so, lacking anything else to do, he decides to hit the gym in the building.

After changing, he heads out of the apartment and over to the small fitness center the apartments on the top few floors share. A sign on the way in states the gym is only unlocked until 2pm on Sundays, so he immediately gets to work with a compressed routine. Not too taxing for a day off, but enough to loosen his muscles and clear his mind. The space is empty, as it has been on his other visits, and he wonders if anyone uses it at all. He's able to move freely between machines, completing his workout fairly quickly.

Stopping for a drink of water, he picks up his phone and pulls up Kakao. Opening his conversation with Hannah, he scrolls up a bit to find the picture she sent before her arrival, the one with the goofy wink and thumbs up pose. He grins back at the still image, just like he does several times every day. 

kjk76: Hey, Hannah, we still on for the gym tomorrow?

He finishes his water and carefully wipes down the machines he used. Gathering his things, he makes his way to the door of the gym. As he reaches it, a building employee approaches from the other side, twirling a ring of keys around his finger. They nod to each other as Jong Kook exits the gym, and the man does a quick double take, clearly recognizing Jong Kook. He doesn't say anything, though, and Jong Kook is once again impressed with the level of service and discretion in the building. He knows several other celebrities live in the high rise, but it's never noted or acknowledged by employees or other residents. Everyone goes about their business peacefully and quietly, and the staff works hard to maintain a level of normalcy for all who live there. He absently wonders again exactly how much such service and care cost as he unlocks the door to Charity's apartment and heads over to his room to gather shower supplies.

Just as he tosses his phone t

Please log in to read the full chapter