Photos

I Should've Kissed You

I woke up the next day finding ahuge box beside my bed. I curiously opened it and saw a lot of things which are obviously aren't mine. I went room to see my mom.

"Mom, why is there a big box near my bed?"

Oh that, I just saw it outside our front door... it has your name on it so I brought it up to your room."

"But it isn't mine."

"I don't know. Your name was on it." said mom while cutting vegetables.

"Okay..." I said with furrowed eyebrows and went back to my room. I took out all the things inside the mysterious box and saw a big notebook at the bottom. When I opened it, I realized it wasn't a notebook, it was a scrapbook. On the first page, there was a cute sticker of a llama and a girl wearing a tiara.

"Weird." I said to myself.

I flipped the next page and I saw a picture of a hand holding a scarf. Below the photo was a description about it. The first item I bought here in Taipei. I remembered you.

The next page has a photo of a museum. It would've been more fun if you were here.

The fourth page has a photo of a huge icecream cone. For sure, if you were here, you'd eat mine as well because it's so good! 

I turned the pages and read all the captions written below the photos. There was a photo of a temple, a busy market, delicious food and desserts.

There was also a photo of a house. It has a narrow door and it seems like it didn't have a second floor. I lived here for a few months to cut down expenses.

Also a photo of an apron. I'm a barista here and this is where I learned to make this. There was an arrow pointing to the photo below it, a tall mug with coffee art.

Then one photo caught my sight. It's a photo of a pair of necklaces. Blue is our favorite color, so I bought these. I'm wearing the other one right now.

I reached the last page of the scrapbook and on it was a photo of a plane ticket. Time to go home. 

I was about to close the book when I noticed a small paper attached on the last page. These are the things and places I saw the whole year I was here. I hope you like them.

After closing the book, I looked at the pile of stuff on my bed. There's the scarf, the beannie hat, the cute pair of socks, the small leather bag, and lastly, the necklace. I took it and looked at it closely.

"Yes, blue is our favorite color." I said with a smile. "You have never forgotten." I unlocked the hook and wore it around my neck. I looked at all the items once again before putting them back in the box. Today is the day for us to finally talk. I want to know if we can still be okay. I don't care if you already have a girlfriend. I just want to let you know.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I quietly crept out of our house while mom was still asleep an walked to your front porch. Today is Saturday so I'm sure you're still snoring soundly in your room. I placed the box by the door and ran back home. Will you like the things I bought for you? I went back to my room and dialed Yuri's number.

"Hello..." she said in her croaky voice.

"Yul.."

"Am, the sun hasn't fully risen yet, why are you up so early disturbing me?"

"Sorry, I just called to say I already gave her the box."

"Really? What did she say?"

"Well... she hasn't actually received it yet because I just left it outside their door.

"Someone might get it..."

"No... I wrote her name on it."

"Well that's good..."

"Uhm... do you think she'll like it?"

"Yeah..."

"Hey Yul... Yul? Hello?"

"...."

"Have a good sleep Yul." Sigh... Krystal Jung, I hope you'll open it.

I was feeling a bit bored that I went down to the kitchen and decided to make a simple breakfast for mom since I've been away for a long time. I ended up having extra crispy bacon, super scrambled eggs, and bread, a bit toasted. Sigh... I'm so bad at cooking unlike you. Anyway, mom still ate them though I noticed she was drinking a mouthful of water after every bite. So after breakfast, I went upstairs and checked my phone, no message from you. Are you still asleep? I peeked through my window to see if the box is still there and as if in perfect timing, I saw auntie taking it inside and I instantly smiled. It means you'll see it anytime now. I waited for a few minutes but there is still no message from you. I just threw my phone on the bed. Maybe you didn't like it. Maybe you're still mad.

After an hour or so, I glanced at my phone again hoping there's a message from you, and again, none. I then took out the pendant of my necklace which was tucked in my shirt and looked at it. I was having a mini battle in my head, whether I should take the necklace off or not... but... there was a little voice inside me saying I shouldn't. Sigh...Suddenly I heard my phone ring.

"Hello Key?"

"Am! Let's hangout later, okay?"

"Uhm... I don't know..."

"C'mon dude, it's been a long time since you went out with us."

"Okay..."

"Alright! See yah!"

It was already afternoon but my phone was still quiet and all I can do was sigh. It's okay if you didn;t like them. You can just dump them in the trash can if you want to.

"phone beeped*

From: Key

         Dude, we'llmeet you there in an hour. And don't you dare ditch us!

Sigh... I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. As I took my shirt off, I looked at my refelction and saw the necklace hanging around my neck. I held the pendant between my fingers for a few seconds before getting in the shower. I was thinking about you the whole time as the water poured on me. I was wondering about what Key said, that you miss me. Was that true? Did you really miss me? I wanted to believe that, but everytime I do, what happened to us plays in my head. When you told me you didn't want to be my bestfriend anymore, it's like a knife struck my wrist cutting it open and no one will be there to stop the pain... because you will not be there anymore. I was broken and the only way to escape this is was to leave. But even though you hurt me, I still wanted to see you. So I realized, I still care for you, I still want to keep you, though you don't feel the same way.

After taking a bath, I kissed mom good bye before heading out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Krystal]  [Amber]

"Amber!" You faced me and you're eyes went round. I guess you're surprised.

"Hey..." My beautiful Krystal.

I walked towards you and looked at your neck.

"Why?" Where are you staring at?

I took a step forward and held the string hanging around your neck. I gently pulled until I saw the pendant.

"What are you doing?" You're acting really strange. Then you smiled at me and showed me your necklace. "So opened it." I smiled back at you. I was so surprised when you suddenly pulled me towards you, and I felt your arms wrapping around my waist.

"I missed you." I whispered. I don't know why but I suddenly felt tears forming on my eyes.

"Hey... a-are you crying?" I was trying to look at your face but you just buried it on my chest even more.

When my tears stopped falling, I looked up until our eyes met.

"Are you okay now?" I asked because I'm still clueless with what's happening.

"Yes." I said and kissed you on your lips.

Y-you're kissing me...

"I should've done that a year ago." I said.

"What does that mean?"

"It means, I love you."

"You love me? But..."

"I know, you already have girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? Who?"

"The girl you were with in the picture."

"What picture?"

"The picture you sen Key."

"The picture I sent Key... Oh! you mean Yuri? She's not my girlfriend."

"Then who is she?"

"She's just a very good friend."

"Really? You were together for a year and you never had a relationship with her?"

"Nope... we're more like sister."

"Okay." I can't hide my smile.

"Why do you look so happy?"

"Because... it means I can kiss you again." Which I did. "I love Amber. I love you so much. Sorry if I was so stupid."

"I don't mind having a stupid girlfriend."

"Yah!"

*kiss* "Just kidding! I love you too Krystal. It was always you."

*phone ringing*

"Yeah... yeah Key, we're on our way."

"We?"

"Yes... we."

 

Author's note: So... here's the ending guys... what do you think? Please tell me <3