I Should've Kissed You

I Should've Kissed You

"Why are you here?"

"I heard you're back... so I came to see you..." But the thing is, I wish I didn't.

"Ah yeah... I just got here 3 days ago..." And you didn't tell me... but why would you, right?

"Really? Good... so how was you're vacation?" After that day, I haven't heard from you anymore. If Key hadn't told me that you went on a trip, I wouldn't have known.

"It was great... I have visited a lot of places... and met people." I was waiting for you everyday but I didn't expect you to be gone for too long.

"Well I'm glad you're back."

"Yeah.. it's good to be back." You smiled at me but it was different... it's not the same smile you used to give me.

"Well... I need to get back inside... my things are still everywhere and mom would erupt like a volcano if I don't fix those soon."

"Right... Auntie is a little scary when she's angry.." I laughed awkwardly. "Uhm... maybe we can hangout soon?

"Sure... bye..." and you entered your house without looking back.

 

A year ago

"Amber, why are you so nosy?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"Because you're with him again. Why do you always go out with him without telling me?

"What?! Should I tell you everything I do?" I said in rage. 

"Of course! Because I'm your bestfriend and I promised Auntie that I'll always look after you." she said in frustration.

"You don't need to look after me, I can take care of myself!"

"Then why him???"

"Why not? What's wrong with Minho?"

"I think he's not right for you."

"Who are you to say that?"

"I know what kind of guy he is. And believe me.. he's just playing with you."

"Don't say that!"

"But that's the truth! Why are you so mad? Do you like him already? Huh?"

"What if I do? What will you do."

"I can't let that happen." 

"What?!"

"I can't let that guy hurt you."

"He's not gonna hurt me Amber."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because he is nice to me. You know what, I don't even have to explain myself to you." I said as I reached my phone from my bag. "Let's just talk next time." I told you.

"Wait, where are you going?" you asked but I just ignored you. "You're going to see him again? Krystal stop!" You grabbed my wrist and made me face you.

"What the heck is your problem Amber?!" I shouted so loud that got you surprised. "Why do always want to get in with my business? Why do you always follow me? Why do always need to know my every move? Can't we have some time apart?"

"I do that because I want to protect you. I'm your bestfr~"

"Bestfriend? Bestfriends don't act this way. You're doing too much and it's suffocating!"

"But Krys.."

"And why are you so mad whenever I date a guy? I've noticed that a million times now."

"Krystal... I'm just doing what I promised Auntie."

"Well you don't need to do that Amber... I told you, I can handle myself. Could you stop this? Seriously, it's getting annoying! Yes, you're really getting annoying!"

"Then what do you want?"

"I want this to stop! Let's stop!"

"What?"

"I'm sick and tired of you being around me all the time. It's like the world revovles around you and me. I want to meet other people Amber!"

"So... you don't want to be with me anymore?"

"I'm just saying... we need space..."

"But we've been friends for 12 years Krys..."

"Yes... isn't 12 years long enough?"

"So... you want it to stop here? Now?"

"I can't take it anymore... let's stop this... I don't want to be your bestfriend anymore." We both paused for a while... even I was surprised with what I said.

"If I only knew that a guy would be the reason for us to fall apart... then... I should've just confessed to you... it will be the same..."

"What?" My eyes widened hearing the words you said.

"I'm in love with you Krys... but I couldn't tell you... because I was afraid that you would be mad at me and stop being friends with me... but here we are... ending up the same way. Sorry... for being too much..." You said as you walked closer to me. "So... Krystal Jung... since our friendship has already ended... I want to do something... and I promise, this will be the last and only time I'll do it." You held my face with your hands, and leaned forward. I just closed my eyes. I wanted to move away but I can't. I feel you getting closer, your warm breath against me face. I guess our lips are only inches apart. Then I felt your lips pressed on mine. I didn't kiss back but you still let the kiss last. I felt your lips tremble, you're crying. Then I felt you pull away. When I opened my eyes, I already saw you walking away. The next day, I received a call from Key asking why you left all of a sudden. I didn't know why but I just felt tears forming at the corner of my eyes. I quickly ran to your house to check if it's real but you're not there anymore.

"Auntie, where's Amber?"

"Huh? She left... she said she needs to go somewhere far..."

"W-what? When is she coming back?"

"She didn't mention anything." I went out of your house feeling empty. I told myself I get used to this... I mean I wanted this too. But day after day... whenever I'm with Minho... I feel like... I miss you... I'm looking for your presence... You didn't even call me... And you're right... he's a jerk... you're always right... And I'm such a fool for pushing you away... That's whenI started waiting for you.. Days turned into weeks... then into months... and then... it has already been a year. So here I am, sitting on my front porch, waiting to come out... just like we always did 12 years ago... but now... I know... when you walk out that door, you won't be on your way to see me... It will be because of your girlfriend... lucky girl... And now I'm thinking... if I had kissed you back, what could have happened?

 

 

Author's note: This is just a random idea I had... and I felt that I needed to write it down. If there are any errors, sorry... and sorry if it's not good..