Face to Face

Hospital 143

"Chanmin ah, let's go to your house and collect your things."said Suzy. Her shift was over and she brought Chanmin with her. They went to the subway station near the hospital and headed for Chanmin's house. It did not take long for Chanmin to finish packing up. While waiting for Chanmin, Suzy looked around his house. Her apartment was only half of his condominium at Cheongdamdong. She wondered to herself whether Chanmin would be okay living in her apartment. "Chanmin ah, what is your father's job?"enquired Suzy. "He's a doctor."replied Chanmin. Suzy decided not to ask anymore questions, afraid of hurting Chanmin. As they walked out of the condominium, Henry was walking past by. But since all of them are rushing, they did not glance at each other.
----------------------------
"Have a fun day at school, Chanmin!"said Suzy happily. Chanmin grinned and went to school. Suzy quickly hailed a cab and went to the hospital for her shift. When she arrived, she saw an ambulance. She approached them and saw the patient. It was a man. He was unconscious and no matter how hard the doctors did CPR, his heart rate dropped even further. Out of the blue, Suzy then cried out,"We need to do surgery!" All the other doctors and surgeons looked at her, putting on a blank face. "He would die in any moment if we don't do surgery!"said Suzy in desperation. "I'm afraid that what you said was wrong."said a deep voice. Suzy was a statue after hearing that voice. She turned around in fear but after 
thinking what would happen to the man, she gathered her courage and said,"He would die! What kind of hospital lets people die?! Then it'd not a hospital at all! It's just a building!" "We don't have the guardian consent! How can we proceed to surgery?!"Kyuhyun had literally shouted at this point. "Who cares about guardian consent? His life is at stake! I don't care whether there is a guardian consent or not, but I will do surgery!"said Suzy with determination. "Let's make a deal then. If the patient lives, you get to stay at the hospital. But, if the patient dies, you are fired right after the surgery. Deal?"asked Kyuhyun, extending his hand. Suzy shook his hand without hesitation and said,"Deal."
----------------------------
"To all doctors, you are requested to meet doctor Cho at surgery  room no.145 right now. I repeat, To all doctors, you are requested to meet doctor Cho at surgery  room no.145 right now. Thank you." It was the announcement that made everyone curious. Doctor Cho never invites every single doctor and particularly at a surgery room, which didn't make sense at all. Suzy was very nervous. She got A+ for her surgery test at university but it was her first time to conduct a real surgery. By this time, all the doctors were there, including Henry. He was curious to death on what's happening. When he  arrived, he saw Kyuhyun standing in front of all the doctors. "To all the doctors, I apologize for the  inconvenience. Right now, there is an intern conducting a surgery. I request everyone to watch the surgery and observe her skills. If the patient do not make it, the intern will be fired right away. But if she succeeds, she will remain in the hospital. Shall we start?"addressed Kyuhyun to all the doctors. "This is going to be interesting..."thought Henry.
---------------------------
Suzy's hands were trembling in nervousness. She took a deep breath and started. Her hands move swiftly as if she had done the surgery a thousand times. All the doctors who were watching were amazed by her skill, including Kyuhyun and Henry. After 1 hour, the surgery was complete. Suzy walked out of the surgery room and concluded,"The surgery was successful,"as she looks straight into Kyuhyun's eyes. He smirked and said,"Congratulations you just save your job." She shook hands with all doctors and when she reached Henry, she was frozen.
----------------------------
Henry was very impressed by the surgery conducted by Suzy. There was a sea of doctors and so he wasn't able to catch a glimpse of Suzy. He noticed that the back view of the intern was very familiar to him but he could not remember where he had seen her. As the doctors lined up to shake hands with Suzy, Henry joined the line. He was very curious to see the intern's face. When it was his turn, he was completely shocked. "Neo?!"