First Encounter after the Last Encounter

Hospital 143

"Doctor Bae you are needed now!"yelled the head of the ER(Emergency Room) team. Bae Suzy was a new intern at Munhwa hospital. She had just graduated from university but was accepted to Munhwa hospital, one of Korea's best hospitals. She decided to work at the ER although the salary was not as high as doctors but it was a way to honour her father who passed away because he was hit by the ambulance when pulling out the victim of a hit-and-run. She raced towards the entrance and saw the person lying down on the stretcher. It was a boy. His face was innocent but that innocence was erased by the blood that was dripping down his face. Suzy noticed that the boy was half-conscious and he struggled to say,"A-a-appa, h-he i-is s-s-still i-in t-t-the c-car. S-save h-him, j-jeb-bal," "He was in a hit-and-run accident"told Lee Jieun(IU), one of Suzy's co-workers and best friend,who graduated from the same university and also a new intern. Unlike Suzy, who's in charge of treating the patients, Jieun is in charge of reporting Suzy what happened to the patient."I'm sorry."she whispered. Suzy tried to control her tears. "Get a grip, Suzy. This boy's life is at stake now. Let's just spill the tears later."she scolded herself in her head. 
----------------------------
On the other side of Munhwa Hospital, doctor Henry Lau was busy greeting his colleagues and senior doctors. He was one of Korea's best doctors. He loves his job but he just hates the fact that he had to constantly move from one hospital to another, which depends. Nonetheless, he made lots of money and live in a luxurious condominium at Cheongdamdong. "Doctor Lau, this is our ER. We provide 30 doctors and surgeons and nurses to assist patients to meet their needs."explained Doctor Cho Kyuhyun, the head of the hospital,"As you can see right there, our doctors and nurses are working to the best of their abilities. Those in blue are new interns. I had browsed through their profiles and all of them graduate from the best universities in Korea."Kyuhyun pointed to the nurses and doctors working on the patients. Just then, a group of doctors and interns rushed pass Kyuhyun and Henry. They bowed as they rush the patient to the operating room. 
----------------------------
"I'm sorry, Chanmin ah, but your appa, h-he didn't make it,"said Suzy, while thinking so hard how to comfort the pitiful boy and blinking back her tears that were threatening to fall. "Noona, gwenchanaseo. You can cry. It's okay to cry. That's what a-appa used to say to me"said Lee Chanmin, while wiping the tears from Suzy's eyes. He was crying by now, but he was comforting Suzy at the same time. Suzy quickly pulled him intot a hug and cried,"Noona neomo mianhae, Chanmin ah! You can blame me. You can hit me or punch me now. Mianhae, Chanmin!" After releasing their tears, Suzy asked the litte boy,"Chanmin ah, eomma odiseo?" Chanmin shook his head sadly and said,"Eomma died while she was giving birth to me but appa never blamed me for that. 
I don't have anyone to live with. Suzy then suggested, "Why don't you stay in my house for a while until we can find your relatives?" "Won't I be a burden to you, noona?"asked Chanmin. "Not at all. I'm lonely too, Chanmin ah. Let's go wash our faces. Kaja!"replied Suzy as cheerful as she could.
----------------------------
Henry was still busy looking around the ER. To him, the ER is the best place at every hospital because it is where people's lives are saved. At that moment, Suzy was with Chanmin, hand in hand. They passed by Henry without glancing at him. Henry passed by them too, unknowingly. Henry then turned back and thought,"She looks familiar. Who's she?"