nightmares.

OnKey shorts.

 

Nightmares

 


 

It is very unusual for Kim Kibum to wake up in the middle of the night. After all, he needs to complete his beauty sleep to maintain his to-die-for skin.

But was it a knock that had woke him up?

His sleepy eyes surveyed the room. He was still in his bedroom as he noticed his stuff still messy on the bunk bed. He takes a look at his desk clock and sees 2:24 am in red.

But still the soft knocking kept on going. Seriously? Who wakes up at 2 in the morning and interrupt the Almighty Key's slumber? Who in the right mind would do that?

He angrily stomped towards the door, preparing the best glare he could muster at this hour of the night. When he opened the door, he suddenly wished he wasn't seeing this groggy (read: cute) smile from his Leader hyung.

All the thoughts of castrating the person behind the knocking went flying out the window.

"Hyu—"

"Can I sleep on your bed?" His mouth went agape at the leader's question. Why would he trade his queen sized, soft bed for Kibum's small bunk bed?

"Wha—"

"I had a nightmare. Please?"

He knows he couldn't resist his Jinki hyung standing in front of him like this, in his Donald duck pajamas and bunny slippers so he wordlessly opened the door and let him in.

"Thanks, Bummie." Jinki says as he excitedly lay on the bed. "This means a lot."

"Don't worry about a thing, hyung. I'm here. Don't let those nightmares scare you." He replied, lying on his side of the bed.

"You know what I dreamed about?" Jinki says in a sleepy voice.

The younger knows he's about to doze off but still answers his hyung. "What did you dreamed about?"

"You.. are leavi..ng me." Jinki yawned cutely before drifting off his dreamland.

Kibum stared at Jinki for a few seconds before smiling. He scoots over closer, taking his hyung in his arms. He suddenly chuckled at Jinki's so-called nightmare. As if he'd do that when he couldn't survive a day without seeing this bundle of cuteness named Lee Jinki.

"I love you, Jinks." He softly whispered, joining Jinki in his dreams.