dear jinki.

OnKey shorts.

 

Dear Jinki

 


 

Dear Jinki, it says.

Lee Jinki was supposed to be running around the campus in hopes of finding Kibum. The letter in his hand given by Minho only put a stop to his actions, his breath hitching from the running he did a few minutes earlier.

He took a deep breath and regained his composure before opening the letter.

All he could register is Kibum's neat handwriting and the sound of his heart breaking.

Dear Jinki,

Uhmm.. hi? I'm so pathetic as a bestfriend, am I? Am I even allowed to call myself as your bestfriend? I think I ruined everything we have by that confession of mine last week. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I know you have Taemin now and everything.

I'm sorry. I am going for a while. Staying here is just too much for me and for my heart to handle. I don't think I could go on pretending everything's okay when it's not. But I'm not sorry for my feelings. Please don't feel burdened by my feelings and my decision to move away. It's the best for the both of us.

Remember that I'm writing this letter with a smile. Goodbye, Jinki. We'll see each other in the future. As your bestfriend, I'll always support you in whatever makes you happy. If it's Taemin, then good luck! That boy is a keeper. Always be happy :)

- Kibum <3

Jinki couldn't help but let the tears he kept holding back fall. Kibum misunderstood everything. He loves Kibum. He really do.

Not as a friend but as someone he truly loves and whom he wants to be with.

He was trying his best not to feel this way towards his bestfriend and that made him force himself to like Taemin. He shouldn't be feeling that way because it's just plain wrong.

Everything that happened that night last week kept haunting him. He couldn't believe it when those three words left Kibum's lips. He loves him back. His unrequited and forbidden love is no more.

Taemin knew and understood that it is Kim Kibum that Jinki wants.

If only Kibum knew.

 


 

A/N: This is the first time I wrote something that doesn't end in happy onkey. I'm sorry. I'm just too sad right now.