2nd Change

Changing

chapter two; 

                 she is my mate but...

bird_divider.gif

Jongin POV

After leaving my hyungs behind, with their mouths gaping at me, I went to my locker to get rid of some of the books that were weighing me down. It's not like it's too heavy for me to take it, heck I'm a werewolf. It's just irritating as heck, with all the books moving around in my bag.

 

I stared at my schedule, trying to remember where the class for Biology is. I actually had that Lay hyung in that class too, but I have no idea where he went so I was left to fend for myself in the hallways of our new school.

 

*crash*

 

Someone bumped into me from the back. I turned around, to see some girls standing over a girl who was on the floor, with her books scattered everywhere.

 

*Wait. I remember that face... Isn't that the girl who was staring out of the window? And I know it’s her because of the black beanie. But what are these girls doing?!*

 

I saw them grinning smugly while they pushed the girl who was already on the floor, gritting her teeth, into a kneeling in front of me, as if begging for forgiveness.

 

"Yah. What do you think you're doing?!" I shouted at them, glaring at the three girls.

 

The girls, who I guessed were the supposedly queenkas of this school, frowned. As if they were not sure as to who I was talking to. I guess they were the typical s whose heads were stuffed with sawdust, with their brains as puny as a peanut. And apparently their pathetic brains processed that I was like them, bullying the girl.

 

"Oppa! She bumped into you! She's so good for nothing! We will help you punish her! Don't worry oppa!" They crowded around me, kicking at the girl on the floor while they were talking.

 

I was dumbstruck for a moment before lashing out.

 

"Did I tell you to call me oppa? Do es like you deserve the right to call me oppa?! Do witches like you have the right to look down on others?! This girl is human too! She. Is. Not. A. Toy. For. You. To. Torture." I growled out, and I was barely able to restrain Kai from almost coming out and taking over.

 

They backed off, looking a bit scared for themselves, before they turned around and walked away is those ridiculously high high heels.

 

I looked down and found her picking up her books, which were scattered everywhere. I bent down and helped her to pick up her stuff before I came across a drawing, a drawing of a wolf. It was so artistically drawn that I was honestly mind blown.

 

Was it even possible for someone to draw this so detailed from imagination alone? The weirdest part was that the colour of the fur is exactly the same as mine... Actually, the wolf in the drawing is basically…me. But this couldn't really be me right?

 

I was shaken out of my daydream by her clearing . I looked up to see her standing in front of me, hand outstretched as if she wanted something from me

 

"Ahem. Kai-ssi, my books" she said, staring at me.

 

I felt really stupid but I had honestly forgotten that I was holding onto her books not to mention the drawing. I looked at the books in my hand, and searched for a particular detail on the books.

 

*Ah hah*

 

Right there on the notebook it wrote

"윤미래"

 

I looked back at her, before passing her the books, accidentally making direct eye contact with her. Her eyes flashed brown and I could have sworn I felt my eyes change colour.

 

I stepped back in shock.

 

I was right? She really is my mate…

 

bird_divider.gif

"Kai! Where were you?" Kris said the moment I was in hearing range.

"Hyung... I think I really found her."

 

bird_divider.gif

The sharp piece of metal gleamed under the moonlight which was streaming in from the little window. The floor was already stained red numerous times. I stared at the skin that was already scarred till it was an ugly mess of lines, both faded and recently created. Taking the blade, I placed it under the moonlight, admiring the sharp edge that would soon be stained. I finally pressed the metal onto my skin, feeling no pain but instead relaxed upon the view of my skin breaking way for the blade, the thin line of red surfacing, dripping down onto the white tiles of the bathroom. I smiled, knowing that I have found my inner self, my safe haven, myself.

 

bird_divider.gif

"ANDWAE" I shot up, remembering the dream as if I was the one doing it. I held up my wrist and tried to see if there any fresh cut on my tanned skin. I stumbled over to the connected bathroom, splashing water onto my face, trying to remove the sight of blood dripping onto the floor from my mind. I looked into the mirror to only see my pale face, bloodshot eyes.

 

“Jongin-ah. What happened?" I saw Kyungsoo hyung standing at the doorway from the mirror. I slid down the wall beside the sink, into a sitting position with my head leaning against the wall, staring up at the ceiling.

 

"Hyung..." I gulped, not eager to find out the meaning behind the dream.

 

Kyungsoo hyung sat down beside me, waiting for me to continue.

 

"What happens-what is the meaning behind-behind dreams we have?" I stuttered.

 

Hyung visibly paled and my heart sank, knowing that me dreaming of that was in no way good. But I had to know what the dream meant so I went on.

 

"I...I saw myself cutting hyung. I was the person cutting. It was from her perspective."

 

"Jongin! What did we say about cutting? I thought you already stoppe- Wait. What-what do you mean by her?" Kyungsoo hyung flared up before stuttering when he processed what I actually said.  

 

"Before I woke up, I saw her reflection in the mirror" I looked away from hyung’s piercing stare.

 

"Who is she?" I could feel his stare burn into me.

 

I bit my lip, uncertainty engulfing me, before spitting out her name. "Yoon Mi Rae"

 

bird_divider.gif

Kyungsoo POV

So Yoon Mi Rae is Jongin's mate? It’s good that at least one of us has found our mate at our new school. After all, the whole point of transferring school is for more of us to be able to find out mate. But I'm worried for Jongin. Having such a mate is dangerous for both him and her. Jongin needs to save her from herself. And fast. Before his past comes back to haunt him as well.

 

"Hyung"

"KYUNGSOO-AH"

"KYUNGSOO EOMMA"

 

*smack*

 

Out of habit, I reached out and smacked whoever who called me eomma again.

 

"Yah Kyungsoo-ah we have been calling you for about five minutes. What’s going on?" Kris hyung stared at me straight in the eyes.

 

"Kris hyung... Jongin-ah..." I groaned while messing up my hair, thinking back about last night.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Hyung, what does it mean?" Jongin asked, looking at me with worry in his eyes.

 

I gulped, looking away, unable to stand his reaction to what I just said. "Jongin-ah, we get dreams only for two reasons. One, to see the occasional vision for the future. Two, to see...to see our mate."

 

“So you-you mean that what I saw was what my mate was doing at that time?” Jongin fell back onto the floor, having just gotten up, eyes widened, unable to accept the fact that his mate was the one cutting and self harming herself.

 

"No no no... NO! SHE CAN'T BE CUTTING! SHE CAN'T! MY MATE CAN’T SELF HARM! WHAT DID SHE GO THROUGH TO PUSH HER TO THAT! HYUNG! HELP ME... Help me... Help me save my mate...jaebal hyung…” Jongin looked up at me, eyes red, tears welling up in the corner of his eyes.

 

I felt my heart pang in agony upon seeing the state he was in.

 

"Don't worry Jongin. We are one alright? I'll tell the boys tomorrow morning and we will see how it goes alright? For now go back to sleep."

 

"Hyung... What if I dream of her again?" I could see the fear in his eyes, at the thought of seeing his mate being in pain.

 

"I'll stay here with you okay? Go to sleep Jongin-ah." I crawled up and laid down next to him. It was not a rare occurrence. Jongin and I had one of the strongest bonds in EXO. When Jongin had first joined EXO, he had been so scared and had slept next to me for the first month or so, before finally sleeping by himself. It was purely platonic and we had no feeling toward each other, other than brotherly concern for each other, if Jongin finding his mate wasn’t good enough evidence that we weren’t gay. I looked at him, having finally fallen into a restless sleep before drifting off myself.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Jongin... Found his mate"

 

"DAEBAK!"

"WOW"

"I can't believe hyung found his before me"

"Who is she?"

 

They were making a huge ruckus in the kitchen. I rolled my eyes, deciding to just let them be when I heart Jongin walking down the stairs.

 

My heart raced as I tried to shut the rest of them up, trying to get Jongin to not hear their happiness etc. When he was in so much pain.

 

When I saw him standing at the doorway, I gave up and just sat back down, waiting for the outburst.

 

"My mate...cuts herself."

 

The whole room fell silent as their heads snapped towards the doorway of the kitchen and saw Jongin standing there, with dark bags under his eyes.

 

Then it was as if realization hit them, their faces all paled, realising how bad the situation was.

 

bird_divider.gif

To male werewolves, they do not fear anything. They were loyal to their pack. They weren't afraid of death. But the stronger one is, the easier it is to break them down. And that is their fatal flaw, their mate. A male werewolf would give up everything for the survival of the female mate. To them, their mate is the centre of their world. Their choices all surround the female, without a care for themselves.

 

If someone threatens their mate, they wouldn't even blink before killing them. But they were helpless when it wasn't an outside party trying to harm the female. If it was the female who was harming herself, the amount of pain they would go through would triple. It hurts them to think that the being that is their universe to them, feels that she is useless, a waste of space, that she deserved to die. 

 

Not to mention, if the female dies, not only do the male go through the pain of the sudden loss of the mate, they are also subjected to an endless flow of mental pain, pain at the loss of their one and only mate. To a werewolf, there is no such thing as a second mate. Even if a werewolf ever has a second mate, it is not real and never will be. For a werewolf, there is only one chance at love, to love someone and to be loved.

 

bird_divider.gif

Before the incident in the kitchen

Jongin POV

I woke up, barely getting an hour of sleep. I walked into the bathroom to see my bedraggled face, with dark bags under my eyes. I stared into the mirror, suddenly remembering my dream. Mi Rae staring into the mirror, sadly smiling, with blood dripping onto the tiles in the bathroom. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the vision that plagued my mind. I went down the stairs to hear Kyungsoo saying that I had found my mate. I heard my pack's excited exclamations, leaving me to wonder if they would be that happy if they knew the whole situation.

 

I stood in the doorway, before brokenheartedly announcing out loud,

 

"My mate.... Cuts herself." There was immediate silence, no one daring to say anything.

 

bird_divider.gif

Jongin POV

 

"Kyahhh"

"They are here!!"

"You mean I wasn't hallucinating?!"

"I can't believe there can actually be so handsome males in this world!"

 

I blocked them out, scanning the crowd for that one face. The face that had kept me up the whole night. I pushed past the crowds, trying to get through 9/10 of the female population in the school, with the rest of exo following me.

 

I sighed in relief when I saw her slamming her locker shut, her long light brown hair tied up into a high ponytail swishing behind her as she walked away from the crowd.

 

*Found her yet?* I felt Xiumin hyung coming up behind me. 

 

*Ne hyung. I found her. She’s safe.* I answered, my gaze glued to her retreating figure.

 

Out of the corners of my eyes, I saw a few of my hyungs relaxing, obviously having been tensed up, worried about her cutting herself to death.

 

I felt myself relax marginally as well before making my way to my own class, a certain female still on my mind the entire time. 

 

 

bird_divider.gif

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
Hi guys! Sorry for the late update, but I am actually kind of rushing this out for you guys.  I have my mid years next next week and I really need to study for it so I apologise if there were spelling errors in this chapter. Thank you for taking the time to read! 

 
» layout credit