6th Change [NEW]

Changing

chapter six; 

                 no..., it can't be...

 

Mia POV

Sunlight hit my face, causing the back of my closed eyelids to light up. I moved a bit, trying to get the light away from my eyes. I turned around, and hugged my pillow tighter, glad to be able to burrow myself into the sheets and back into sleep. That was until, I felt something wrapped around my waist tighten. I blearily opened my eyes, all about to glare at the thing that was brave enough to interrupt my sleep. That was until I saw this tanned arm hugging my waist. My eyes trailed up the arm to find it attached to Jongin. 

What the hell?!

---FLASHBACK---

 

"Your mate. It's me"

 

"What do you mean it's you? I'm being serious Kai, don't joke around." I held onto that tiny sliver of hope that he didn't mean what I heard. 

 

It was as if he could read my mind. "I meant what you heard Mia. I'm your mate. And nothing we do can change it. I even mentioned it to you in the alleyway remember?”

 

"Wait. You are kidding me right? It can't be you! It can't. You’re lying. Please say you’re lying right?” I wrapped my arms around myself, unable to accept the fact. 

It can't be him. It can't be him. I can't be with him. He is perfect. He is handsome. He is everything that I am not. I am broken. I am torn. I can't hurt him because of my past. I can't pull him down. I can't.

 

"Mia. Listen to me. Please!" Jongin pleaded with me, sorrow in his eyes, those beautiful eyes which are flickering brown every two seconds, as if unsure of who to be. The human or the wolf. Both sides of him are confused. Because of me.

 

He is already suffering when he isn't even with me yet. How much pain would he go through if we really get together?

 

No Mia. It's not even an if. It isn't possible.

 

"I'm sorry. I can't do this Kai. I can't." I pleaded with him. I don't think I can live with myself if he gets hurt because of me. As of now, he already got hurt trying to stop me from killing in cold blood. He saved me from the guilt of committing murder, and this is how I repay him? As much as I want to be with him, I can’t hurt him because of my selfish needs.

 

“It’s okay Mia, I understand. You can sleep here tonight. I can sleep on the floor or something. I'll go out first." Kai whispered, before rushing out.

 

I felt my heart crack a bit, while a tear slid down my cheek.

 

Kai POV

"Wait. You are kidding me right? It can't be you!It can't. You’re lying. Please say you’re lying right?”

 

I felt my heart shatter. It broke into a million pieces and was the words echoing through my head only stomped on those pieces, turning them into dust.

 

I thought back to how I was broken before. Maybe I'm really no good for her. I'm as equally broken as her, as shattered as her, if not even more. What can I possibly offer to her? What good will I give her if I am to be with her? Our past will just end up haunting us. Every second we stay with each other would just end up hurting each other.

 

But I have to try. Mates aren't mates for no reason. There is a reason why fate decided that we would be a pair, a couple. So I have to try. For both mine and her sake.

 

"Mia. Listen to me. Please!" I pleaded with her. I had to get her to listen. I had to tell her. That we aren't mates by chance. There is a reason behind it. And we have to find out why. Why fate decided that we would be each other's savior. Saving each other from our past.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I-I can't do this Kai. I can't." I saw the desperation in her eyes. I can't force this upon her. I have to wait. Wait for her to be ready. Ready to accept our fate.

 

“It’s okay Mia, I understand. Erm. You can sleep here tonight. I can sleep on the floor or something. I'll go out first." I whispered. Even though I said I would wait, it was painful. To have to stand there, by the side, watching my mate suffer, and being utterly powerless. I would rather suffer myself than have her suffering. It's the worst feeling one could ever have. I ran out of the room.

 

I felt my heart crack, while a tear slid down my cheek.

 

I crept into the room, careful not to make any sounds that could wake Mia up. I had kicked hyung out of our room so that Mia could sleep on my bed. I wasn't going to let her share a room with another guy that wasn't me. So hyung had to share a bed with... Actually I didn't ask him who he had to sleep with. I just kicked him out. But whatever.

 

I went to hyung's bed, and crawled under the covers. Lying on my side, I stared at Mia's face while she slept. She looked so peaceful, so at ease, as if nothing could ever affect her.

 

Just when I was about to doze off, I heard groaning. Alarmed, I turned around, and saw Mia tossing and turning, kicking everywhere, as if having a fight with the sheets. Just when I was contemplating if I should wake her up, for all I know, it could be a sleeping habit, she started screaming.

 

Mia POV

He advanced towards Mi Rae, holding a beer bottle in his hand. Mi Rae backed away from him. Just when she was about to turn and flee up the stairs, he caught her, pushing her into the wall. He pinned her onto the wall, and brought the beer bottle onto her head. Glass shards were tangled into her hair, some even cutting her forehead. He took a large glass shard. Just when he was about to run the shard along her forearm, I screamed.

 

I shot up, breathing heavily, the scene still etched into my mind. I looked around, sensing someone. Then I saw a silhouette of someone walking towards me. I backed away in a panic, curling into a ball, waiting for the pain to come. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinched away, before realising there was no pain. There was no slapping, no hitting, nothing. I looked up. Right after confirming who it was, I threw myself at the guy in front of me. I hugged him, tears starting to blur my vision. I felt him stiffen up, before relaxing and circling his arms around me, holding me tight to him. Upon feeling the warmth all around me, my tears streamed down my face, soaking up his shirt. “Kai…” I sobbed, the memories of the dream rushing back to me. “Shhhh… It's okay Mia. I’m here, i won't let anyone hurt you. I promise.”

 

What happened after that was a blur. All I can remember is him tucking me back into bed, before i refused to let him leave my side, his hand in mine, held with a death grip. I felt the left side of the bed sag down, just when I let the darkness engulf me.

 

---FLASHBACK---

 

So here I am, staring up at Kai, eyes widened. I never expected to wake up like this, in the arms of a male. I never expected for me to feel so safe in his arms. I never expected to feel so comfortable, so at ease with his arms wrapped tightly around me. I wished time could stop, and let me stare at his baby like face. When he was asleep, he looked to innocent, so human. No one could tell that he was more than just a human being, possessing abilities far beyond the human range. Just when I was about to reach out and touch his cheek, he tightened his arms around me and brought me closer to his chest. All of a sudden, all I could see was his black clad chest, hearing his strong heartbeat, and my face was as red as a tomato.

 

“BANG!”

“YAH KKAMJONG! EXPLAIN WHY KYUNGSOO WAS SLEEPING ON THE COUCH IN THE LIVING ROOM!! AND WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT YOUR MATE…..” Suho stopped yelling, seeing me in Jongin’s arms wide awake and honestly a tad shocked by the yelling.

 

“Oh er.. Mi Rae, can you wake Jongin up? Meet us in the living room when you are ready.” He said, a bit tongue-tied seeing how I was wrapped in Jongin’s arms . I nodded in reply before he left the room and closed the door as if to give us privacy. I knew he had gotten the wrong idea of us.

 

“Jongin ah.. Wake up. Ppali!!” Smacking his arms a few times, I crossed my fingers, hoping he would finally wake up.

 

“Give me five more minutes Kyungsoo hyung.”

I grimaced. How on earth did he think I was Kyungsoo? Did kyungsoo wake him up everyday while being in his arms?

 

“I’m not Kyungsoo-ssi Jongin. I’m Mia. And wake up!! Suho-ssi told me to wake you up and to go to the living room when we are ready.” Controlling myself, I tried not to lash out at him.

 

“Hyung hajima… Let me sleep…” he muttered, burying his face even deeper into the crook of my neck.

 

Blushing, I shouted at him, “YAH KIM JONGIN! WAKE UP THIS INSTANT AND I’M NOT KYUNGSOO-SSI!” Seriously, this Kim Jongin is going to be the death of me.

 

“Huh….?” Jongin blinked, staring at me, who was in his arms, blankly before realising the position we were in. He quickly let go of me before getting up, red faced. “Mianhae… I forgot that you were here.”

 

“Whatever. What I want to know is why I woke up beside you.” I sat up, finally free from the prison that is also known as Jongin’s arms.

 

“Well, last night you had a nightmare and you refused to let me go. Honestly, it was an awkward position for me so I thought I would lie down beside you until you fell asleep. I thought I would move back to the other bed after you slept but it turns out I ended up falling asleep too.” He frowned, as if thinking about what happened last night.

 

“By the way, are you still Mia or have you switched back to Mi Rae?” Turning around, his expression got more serious.

 

“No, I’m still Mia.” Curious as to the sudden change in his mood, I shot him a questioning look.

 

“I would suggest you to switch back soon and explain to Mi Rae what is happening sooner. The sooner she knows, the sooner you will be able to change and manage as both a werewolf and a human.” He explained to me, while rummaging through his drawers for something.

 

“Ne, I will explain it to her today. But do I have to switchback? Can’t I just tell her what is going on?” I got up as well, trying futilely to straighten my crumpled clothes.

 

“That is highly not possible because you have to remember, she is completely clueless of this whole situation and she has no clue as to how to switch or even communicate to you. You were only able to communicate with her because you abilities started developing and AHA” He looked up, in his hand was a hoodie. He stared in amusement at my attempts to flatten the obvious creases on my shirt for a moment. Then he took off his shirt.

 

“And it started developing because you turned eighteen i assume?” I turned away, feeling blood rushing to my cheeks, for after all, he is my mate. I have to say his body was better than what I expected. My mate is damn hot.

 

“Yes.” He replied, pulling on the hoodie, acting as if nothing had happened.

 

“I’ll go out first. Take your time. I have to explain to the Hyungs why you are here too.” He strode to the door, and had opened a tiny gap when I grabbed his arm.

 

“Don’t tell them about the situation I am in. Please.”

 

He stopped in his tracks,looking down into my eyes. They say that the eyes are the doors to one’s soul. “Don’t worry it is up to you to tell them. Just know that you aren’t the only one that has been in this situation ne?” With that he just left.

 

What did he mean by I am not the only one? Unless, one of them was abused before? No, it’s impossible. How could they, such perfect beings, possibly be abused? Yes, it’s not possible. I’m sure of it. But that look in his eyes, for a moment I swore I saw a glimpse of a broken boy behind that mask.

 

 

When I had finally gotten out of Jongin’s room, I could already hear the ruckus the boys were making. I could even hear Taeyeon’s voice telling them to quieten down from here. I went down the stairs and entered the living room. To have thirteen pairs of eyes on me.

 

“...”

“...”

“...”

“What?!” I glared, not being able to take the continuous staring.

 

“Wow, Jongin, you got yourself a hot-tempered one… I couldn't tell that she was like that though...” Chen exclaimed, punching Jongin’s arm playfully as if to carry his point over.

“Yah hyung. Stop it. And she isn’t hot-tempered.” Rubbing his arm and faking pain, Jongin shot back.

“Already starting to defend your mate huh hyung?” Sehun piped up with a teasing tone in his voice.

“YAH OH SEHUN YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGH-”

 

“Yoon Mia.” I cut in, a tad annoyed at their behaviour. I wasn’t really aware when Mi Rae had met the boys so I wasn’t really sure of their names and stuff. Plus when we went to the cinema I didn't really state that I wasn't Mi Rae.

“Can you guys introduce yourself again? I’m not exactly sure of all your names. Only Taeyeon-unnie I can remember and the rest of your names aren’t exactly really clear to me, other than Jongin that is.”

 

“What do you mean by you weren’t really aware? We introduced ourselves in class no?”

“To Mi Rae you mean, not me.” I raised my eyebrows, questioning the intelligence levels of those in front of me.

“Wait, aren’t you Mi Rae?”

“No you idiot. I’m Mia, Yoon Mia, Mi Rae’s wolf. I already said it.” I crossed my arms, and sighed at them.

 

“BWOH?!” They all turned to face Jongin.

 

“Yah Kim Jongin, when were you intending to tell us this!” Baek- something shouted at him.

“I was getting to that point when she came into the living room hyung.” Jongin made a face, unable to stand his hyung’s nonsense anymore.

“Baekhyun, stop shouting.” Taeyeon unnie said from underneath Baekhyun’s arm. Huh so that's his name. Baekhyun.

 

“Anyways, I’m Kim Jongdae, you can call me Chen.And since when did you start calling Kai Jongin huh?” He smirked in Jongin's direction.

"Hyung!" Jongin shouted at him, throwing the cushion he was holding, aiming at his head.

 

Soon, a full-out fight with cushions ensued in front of me, with people screaming their names over the fight.

Raising my eyebrows at them, I sighed.

Here we go again with the confusing introductions.

 

Hi guys! Another update for you all.

Happy Lunar New Year for all you people celebrating it, myself included. :P

I apologise for the disparity of Mia's character, but because I wrote all of this at different times, I tend to get her character a bit mixed up at times. I will finalise her character by the next update, I promise.

Also, I have posted two one-shots, one starring Byun Baek and the other Kim Jongin. :)

I don't know if i ever said this but my bias in EXO is actually Baek then Kai, but I somehow found Kai easier to write than Baek :P

Anyways, have a nice day all you peeps :)

 

XOXO

exotic_dark_paradise

or you can just call me trapped. Lame but its my other un I use often.