IV.

Conquered and Divided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yifan tries to find the location of the unsettling powers. Luhan walks over to his father, but his thrown back by Jun's tail. Shixun can feel the utter fear his younger brother is feeling through his transformation. The dark-magic based dragons were considered dangers because their own fear about their magic clouds their vision. Renshu, Luhan, and Shixun, despite having a disadvantage in the darkness, try to help Jun out. Jongdae walked over to Jun's head and blocked out everyone else's panicking voices. He placed his hand on Jun's nose and felt the dragon jump at the cold hand. Jongdae smiled and his nose, "Why are you scared? I, along with your brothers and father, are here for you. There's definitely nothing to fear..."

Jun felt his father's hand his side and eased into the comfort. Shixun noticed the faint lights in the sky that resembled stars in the darkness. The guests looked down and watched the ice beneath them melt. The man with red eyes glared at Jongdae, who remained by Jun's side. The frightened dragon curled up in the center of the room. The darkness slowly diminishing from the ballroom. But, the sinister feeling remained. Changmin looked around as he continued to cough up blood, "The air here is polluted by sinister thoughts."

Yunho looked around and noticed someone leaving the room. He whispered the suspicion over to Junsu, who ran to tell Renshu. The emperor was busy taking care of his boy to notice anything going around in the ballroom. Yifan and Luhan noticed the man leave, and decided to secretly follow him. Joonmyeon and Minseok followed their wives before they do anything that can jeopardize their lives. Yunho noticed the kids leave and sighs, "When will you control your children, Renshu?"

The princes followed the man, but were startled by Junsu, who had just informed Renshu. He glared at them and instructed, "Head back, we can't afford to get more injured princes."

Yifan shakes his head, "No, we're going with you."

"Then we'd better hurry, because he's leaving my line of sight," Minseok informed them. Junsu sighed and followed the mysterious man with the four princes. He wanted them to stay away from these matters and leave it for the adults to handle it. Yifan walked ahead of everyone else, and as he peaked into the next corridor, fire balls were thrown at him at an extraordinary speed. Luhan pulled him back and stepped into the fire, unharmed and unfazed. He created a shield of water and ordered the group to follow the man.

When Luhan puts down the shield, he notices no one at the end of the hallway. He stepped into the corridor and looked around. The walls were not touched by the flames. Nothing was scorched from the heavy heat. He looks down at the ground and notices a larger shadow behind him. Luhan turns around and sees a man about Yifan's height with spiky, brown hair, raven black eyes, and creepy smile plastered on his face. He leaned in and asked, "Did you like my illusion there? My father taught it to me."

Luhan's wings come out and creates a wall between the two. The young man chuckles before stabbing his hand through the thick wing. Luhan widens his eyes as he sees the hand tear his wing. He creates a ball of fire in his mouth and shoots it out at the invading hand as he pulls away. The man looks at his scorched hand and cut it off. Luhan stared at him in horror as he listened to the man snicker, "Oh please, don't look so surprised. Your kind can't do that? What a shame, huh? I noticed since your wing isn't healing at all. I bet you need that adorably tall brother of yours to heal it for you, right?"

"You mean Yifan? I don't need him. I'm capable of healing myself, but my top priority is to destroy the intruder in front of me." Luhan casted a fire magic circle underneath the man's feet and a pillar of blue fire consumes the sinister presence. It devours him and Lu Han smirks triumphantly, "Don't underestimate a draco-hybrid."

"I can tell you the same thing. I, Chanyeol Park, will not fall because of a measly fire spell. I am the demon of fire!" Chanyeol, a demonic prince, shouted as he stepped out of the pillar. Luhan was paralyzed in his spot, wondering how he can defeat him. Chanyeol lunged himself at Luhan and took hold of his throat. He tightened his hold on the stunned prince and smirked. Luhan touched Chanyeol's face and he noticed his hand glow. Chanyeol released him when he noticed the magic runes on the circle. A blast of cold water was launched at Chanyeol, who reacted too late. Taking advantage of the situation, he grabbed a sword from the walls and lunged himself at the fallen enemy.

"I won't let that happen," A young man with a dazed expression blocked Luhan's attack, before dropping his sword, he punched his stomach. Luhan landed on his back and his saliva ran down his chin. She sat up and glared at his new opponent. He thought, "Damn, I need help..."

 

Changmin's condition worsened and it worried Renshu. The prince of Pavroth looked at Jun and whispered, "Help your brother out...His life force seems to be diminishing."

Jun nodded and ran out the door. Renshu ordered Jongdae to keep an eye on his most reckless son and help him out. The youngest prince of Aurelios nodded and followed Jun. Changmin coughed out blood and stared at it in horror. Yunho plucked one of his feathers and dabbed it in the blood. The prince watched him draw a circle in the air. An image, still blurry and wavering, surfaced in the air. Renshu asked, "Will this allow us to see the ones who are causing Changmin's condition?"

"It should let us see it," Yunho replied as he tried to clarify the image. The image revealed an older man around their age with short, dark hair and a stron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter