II.

Conquered and Divided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Emperor Renshu sits silently in his throne, clutching the arm rest firmly. By his side, the royal advisors, Yoona Im, Siwon Choi, and Taemin Lee stand next to him like a statue. The emperor was sitting in his meeting room, waiting for the entrance of high nobles and kings from the nations he has conquered. He was going to discuss on the possible initiation of war. It was bad enough that his youngest son's powers were postponed by the attack, but his son that controlled the terrain to his favor upset him. The fear that his older son would be next remained in his mind. The first to arrive was Emperor Jaejoong, along with his sons, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Minseok, and Joonmyeon. Siwon leaned in and whispered, "Should we call in Prince Luhan, Yifan, Shixun, and Jun, sire?"

"Yes, they need to be aware of the future of Cadmus." Renshu answered, and Siwon nodded. He called for one of the maids and instructed her to call for the four brothers. She nodded and hurriedly walked to the other side of the palace. Nurses followed her to help with Shixun and Jun, but mostly Shixun, who is far off worse than Jun. The head nurse, Sooyeon Jung, walked off to Shixun's room. The somber looking male hissed as he tried to get off his bed. Earth-related dragons were extremely vulnerable to lightning attacks of any sort. Sooyeon sighed and went to help the prince out of his misery. The head maid soon went to help the patient prince Jun, who lied quietly on his bed.

The head maid walked over to the sleeping prince and stared at him. The boy's face morphed into different expressions as he slept. It would start off peaceful, but soon transform into expressions of agony, pain, anger, and fear. The maid his cheek and sighed. The poor boy was most likely scared from his attack, but neither his father nor brothers are here to ease the fear. She kissed his forehead and whispered, "Prince Jun, it is time to wake up."

The youngest prince's eyes fluttered open. He looks over to the maid with a few tears in his eyes. She his head and said, "Your father has called for you. I shall help you there, but first, I'll bring you new clothes to wear. You will be in the presence of the kings of Aurelios, Miator, Pavroth, Vernal, and others."

"Will my future husband be there?" Jun hissed as he tried to sit up. The maid responds with a nod as she pulls out his black tunic that is adorned with silver and gold. She grabs his white pants, epaulettes, and black cape. She placed them on his bed and excused herself. Jun hesitantly got out of bed and sighed. He was worried about how his future husband will be, and if he was worthy to his husband. He removed the old bandages and replaced them with new ones. He looked over to his tunic and ed it and carefully put it on. He buttoned it back up and placed his epaulettes on his shoulder. He walked over to his cabinet and grabbed his pin to hold his cape in place. He sat on the edge of his bed to put his ankle-high boots. Once he stepped out, maids were running around and stuck to the windows. Their expressions of fear worried Jun and hurriedly ran to his father.

Along the way, a wincing Shixun, Yifan, and Luhan ran to the meeting room. Yifan entered first and saw the kings watch the clouds closely. Luhan approached his father and asked, "What's going on? I heard yelling and thunder."

"Something has entered the skies, and it certainly isn't a dragon. It has a very oval structure to it, but all we can see is the shadow of the thing," The four brothers walked towards the balcony and saw what the kings took notice. Changmin, the crowned prince of Pavroth, "Sire, I have a feeling this is Demonico's doing! Only they would summon unworldly things!"

"I agree with Prince Changmin, but what could be their motive? Those demons only attack when the enemy has something they want?" Jaejoong asked as he sat back and thought about it. Besides him, Yunho, the king of birds, looked over at Renshu. The emperor contemplated about the question. He looked over at his sons and shook his head. He was certain that it wasn't his sons or they wouldn't have hurt them. Changmin bit his lip and furrowed his brows. Jongdae, Jaejoong's son, stared at Jun's worried expression. He looked delicate besides his stronger, older brothers. Renshu rubbed his temple as the unknown object flew slowly over his town. Yifan looked over to his father, "I'll go investigate."

"What?! No! You shall stay here where I can protect you," Renshu abruptly stood up, knocking the chair over. Yifan glares at his father, "Don't worry, I have the ability to heal unlike these three. I can control the weather. The sky is my terrain, father, and sire. I can protect myself perfectly."

Luhan scoffed at Yifan's statement. He stood up straight and shoved Yifan out of his way. Luhan smirked and looked over at his brother, "Father, I don't think you should let Yifan go. First of all, the boy can't even control the power of lightning yet. Second of all, he is unable to heal himself quickly, leaving him vulnerable for a strong attack. Allow me to go, father. Unlike Yifan, I am able to keep up with the enemy and I am far stronger than Yifan is."

Renshu cleared his throat and spoke authoritatively, "No one is going, understood?"

The four brothers nod as they returned to look at the object in the sky. Yifan was startled by a cold hand intertwining with his own. He looked over to his left and saw Joonmyeon's reassuring smile. Jaejoong sighed as he looked over to Junsu, the lord of the sky. Junsu nodded and stood up from his seat. Renshu looked over at Junsu and understood what Junsu was going to do with the emblem on his chest glowing. Yunho accompanied Junsu out of the room. Jaejoong leaned back in his seat and waited for the results. Changmin tapped his fingers impatiently on the table. Siwon leaned in and whispered something into the emperor's ear. Renshu nodded and Jun eyed Siwon leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter