III.

Conquered and Divided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jun lied motionlessly in his bed. He stared at the ceiling in a dazed state. He was chained down by his future husband to prevent him from causing any more trouble. He looked over to his right and saw Jongdae sleeping in a chair. He looked down to his chest, which was completely covered in a bandage. Jongdae woke up to mumbling, and drowsily stared towards Jun. The youngest prince was trying to break the binding spell, but Jongdae countered it instantly. The prince looked over at him and ordered, "Release me, Prince of Aurelios."

"No, I am under your father's orders to keep you safe, also, the name is Jongdae Kim," The prince stated with a monotonous voice. He stared at Jun's adorably frustrated expression. Jun turned to stare at the window, but his attention was drawn by Jongdae, "Do you know your powers?"

"No...I'll learn about them on my birthday, which is tomorrow. Why do you ask?" Jun asked, turning his head to face Jongdae. The prince stood up and walked over to the large windows. He pulls the curtains to hide the illuminating moon. Despite the darkness engulfing the room, the two beings can still see in the dark. Jun tried to sit up, but was still unable. He groaned, because his legs were tensing up from being in the same position. Jongdae pitied him for a moment and released him from his binds. Jun sat up and sighed, "You know what my powers are already?"

"Of course, I overheard from our father's conversation," Jongdae answered. Jun nodded and his fiancé stood up, "Please, return to slumber, your big day is tomorrow, right?"

​"Yeah," Jun felt a rush of nausea wash over him. He knows that he's just nervous since mostly royalty will be invited, but he's afraid another attack will commence and important people would die. Jongdae noticed his fear and held his hand. Jun looks up and sees his charming smile directed at him. Being his bashful self, Jun looked down to his lap with a blush on his face. Jongdae firmly held his hand and the silence was not awkward, but comfortable.

 

An older man sat on his thrones made of skulls as he stared at his black scaly hand. His red left eye sparkled in the darkness and snapped his fingers. Footsteps resonated in the silent throne room where the man resides. He saw four dark figures step into his range of sight. The dim lights flickered above them and awaited for their idiotic proposals. He already knew the tallest of the four wanted to use pure violence to destroy Cadmus, but it was useless to do so. Cadmus was a versatile empire, who don't just magic, but words and weapons. They didn't conquer nations with pure destruction, but with persuasion as well. The shortest of the four preferred to do some damage towards the emperor, but such an attack would be suicidal. Renshu is far older than they were, and with age, Renshu surpasses them in experience. The youngest of the four suggested, "Why don't we pay him a visit? Isn't he an old friend of yours? Why don't we pay him a friendly visit on his youngest boy's 200th birthday, the day of his transformation?"

The man smirked and responded, "I don't see why not. I hope you all don't mind paying a visit to my dear old friend."

"Why of course not, my lord," The tallest smirked, his red eyes glowing brightly. He took a few steps back before turning around and leaving the room. The three others bowed down before following him. The elder man tapped his long, sharp fingernails on the skulls. A malicious grin flashed his sharp, inhuman teeth that were thickly covered in blood. He ran his snake-like tongue on them, savoring his meal from earlier. He stood up and snapped his fingers. A young man bowed before him, "What is your orders, my lord?"

"How is Renshu feeling at the moment?"

The young man smirked, "He's feeling uneasy with the invitations, paranoid by the recent attacks. Give him a few more pushes, and the emperor will probably succumb to a panic attack. Such a mental stress can take a toll on him, especially for a draco hybrid. Their minds are-"

"I know, I am not an idiot," He interrupted the now frightened man. The fear he can smell only makes an eerie chuckle escape. The handsome young man gulped nervously as he followed his master instinctively. He gripped his arm, a sense of betrayal runs through him. He looks down at the ground, and images of shock and fear flash in his mind. The feeling of a future hatred nibbles the back of his head, forever staying to remind him of the guilt.

"I'm sorry..." The young man whispered to himself.

 

Flowers of all kinds were hung elaborately on the walls of a ballroom. Marble tables were dressed with silky blue table cloth. Foods of all kind from different kingdoms were prepared for the future guests. Dressed nicely, maids and butlers avoided from getting too dirty for the major event. Nurses were on standby in case of any attacks from the enemy forces. Guards kept a vigilant eye on the perimeter of the palace and ballroom. Dragons flew over the kingdom to patrol the area from a bird's eye. Just like their enemies, advanced technology were entrusted with the guards to have a higher chances of killing the enemy on spot.

The princes were being prepared for the ceremony. Maids blushed as they removed every inch of their clothes off them. Luhan watched them draw runes up and down his body in his own blood. His embarrassment was long gone, but returned as soon as Minseok entered the room. His whole body was exposed in front of him, and saw his smirk on his face. He twitched as they drew around his crotch. Yifan was being prepared in another room, but the runes on his body were related to his powers. As they were finishing the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter