I.

Conquered and Divided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the land of Cadmus, dark grey clouds loomed over the peaceful town of Viela, which was hidden in the mountains that had the same name. The townspeople were not too concerned with the depressing weather. They continued the day like any other. Children wandered into a tall structure that was sacred to the empire. It was where the mother of all dragons rested forever in an eternal sleep. The children were fascinated with the structure that was built mostly of gold. Adults stopped at the top of the building, unsure if they have permission to enter such a divine area. The young boy of the group scraped his fingertips against the intricate designs carved into the walls. Each hieroglyphs told the story of the empire of Cadmus, and how it was a tiny kingdom. A tiny kingdom that you needed to squint real hard to finally find it.

Footsteps resonated within the building, and the children halted instantly. They stood quietly in the long golden corridor that led to a tall door that needed the strength of a thousand men to open it. The snoring of the sleeping dragon was faintly ringing in their ears. They were anticipating to see who was walking in such a divine place. The tip of a black shoe can be seen around a corner near the tall doors. The person comes out of the corner, stunning the children.

The young man had raven black hair combed to the side. A black cape that covered the right side of his body was held by the pin, which contained the engraving of their empire. He wore a black tunic that was adorned with fine materials of the color gold and silver. The tunic stopped mid-way to his thighs as he wore white pants that were tucked into his black calf-high boots. A diadem, with a sapphire at the center, was held highly upon his dark hair. He looked at the children with an unwavering disapproval with his dark golden eyes. The children looked down at their feet, not wishing to be scolded.

"What are you children doing in such a divine area?" The young man asked with a stern voice.

The children looked up and mumbled, "We're sorry...we just wanted to see the dragon."

"It's best you don't. She will certainly be unhappy." The young man ordered the children follow him. The children followed him out to of the divine place. He saw the worried parents instantly bow to him. He looked down at them and turned his head, "I will forgive you for your trespassing, but heed my warning, and do not enter there. You'll never be heard of again if you get lost there."

The parents nodded and grabbed their children before bowing once more. The young man was no other than the 4th Prince of Cadmus, Jun Wu. The young man was known for taking care of the mother of all dragons, Machina. She has been asleep for more than two million years. The Wu family is her descendants, and they have the responsibility to taking care of her. Jun glanced at the temple, and casted a barrier spell. He didn't want any more trespassers in the temple. He looked up at the clouds and saw the faint images of dragons flying freely in the sky. A small smile formed on his light pink lips.

He turned to look down the stairs, which contained over fifty steps. He walked back towards the temple before running back to the steps. He took his cape off, but held on to the pin. On his back, the sounds of tears rang in his ears. He arched his back as he jumped down the stairs. Black enormous draconic wings popped out on his back. He flapped his wings before flying up towards the sky. Black markings appeared on his skin as his eyes glowed golden.

 

The emperor of Cadmus walked over to a window in his throne room, and smiled. He pushed his raven black bangs out of the way as he squinted his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and soon they turned blood-red.  He stared up at the grey clouds and saw his youngest son dip into the clouds with the free dragons. The dragons roared as they created strong winds with their gigantic scaly wings. Prince Jun was flying beside one that reminded the emperor of a serpent. He sighed when his son stopped flying with the dragons. The Prince stopped as he arrived at a wall that was quite far from the palace. With his draconic eyesight, he can faintly see his hands faintly clench. The free dragons had gone past the empire's walls, somewhere the prince was not allowed to go yet. The elderly emperor faintly heard a knock on tall doors and spoke a soft 'enter'.

"It surely is a pleasure to meet you, Emperor Renshu." A dark haired man with a few wrinkles adorning his face entered the room. The end of his navy blue cape was being dragged as he walked towards the emperor. He wore a black crown decorated with rubies stood tall and mighty upon his head. Renshu, who was far older, turned his attention to the smaller emperor. The emperor of Cadmus's inspected the other man with his blood-red eyes, making sure he was surely the emperor of Aurelios, Kim Jaejoong. The emperor of Aurelios smiled, "Sir, we met weeks ago when our sons, Kim Joonmyeon and Wu Yifan, were betrothed to each other. The same when Kim Minseok and Wu Luhan married, and again with Baekhyun and your son Wu Shixun."

"Did we? I can't recollect those memories...must be old age," Renshu chuckled lightheartedly as Jaejoong smiled, "So you can guess why I'm here?"

"For my last son to be married to your last son, Kim Jongdae. Prince Jun is still too young to marry, but in three days, he'll finally be 200 years." Renshu makes way to his throne at the top of the alter. He folds his hands over his lap as Jaejoong looks up at him. Jaejoong's small empire was hidden in the shadows, since his people were vampires. He wanted to be under the protection of dragons, because there's so little that can kill a dragon.

Jaejoong smiled, "That is wonderful, I shall return with my son, so the two can get to know each other."

"I'd certainly like your son to meet Jun, the boy can be rather awkward around new people." Renshu smiled softly at the other emperor. He heard a knock and turned his attention to the door. Renshu's eldest son stood at the door with his husband by his side. Jaejoong smiled at Luhan, who was allowed into the throne room. Luhan looked at his father and informed him, "Jun flew over the wall without permission. The guards are currently following him on foot."

Renshu hastily stood up from his throne. The black markings glowed red, indicating the anger growing in him. He excused himself and threw his cape off. Despite being an elderly man, a dragoman never loses their strength, age wasn't a factor at all. Renshu ran to the entrance of the palace where Yifan, his second eldest son, and Shixun, his middle child, were waiting for him. He pushed the doors opened and growled lowly. He took a few steps before his wings appeared. His black wings with silver scales were covered in intricate red markings. Due to his old age, some of the scales were falling like the petals of the roses that were slowly dying. He flew over the city with his three sons.

 

Jun was bleeding as he rested in a cave in the mountains of Viela. He looked over at his broken wing and growled. Jun remembered being blasted with fireball, but it wasn't as intense as Luhan's. He didn't see who it was, but they couldn't be a dragon-hybrid. His people emitted a strange mixture of scents that range from the sweetness of mango to the unpleasant aroma of gun smoke. It was more of the scent of death. A strange yet alluring smell that attracted Jun to head for it. He looked at the entrance of the cave, which was the tallest of the mountains.

"Damn...I need to know who attacked me." The injured prince stood up, but fell to his knees. He forgot that the lack of oxygen was getting to him, making him fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter