A humans last days

Five nights at SUJU

“Breaking news from the Capital of South Korea. It’s something you would expect from a syfy move, but today millions of citizens are finding the horror to be real as the undead, or more commonly known as zombies, fill the city slowly outnumbering the military. Citizens are urged to stay in their homes until help arrives. If you do get bitten or attacked by these creatures you are strongly encouraged to kill them with a blunt object such as a bat or a gun.” The newscaster rambled before the soft click of the television was turned off. This was it, the evident end everyone had made fun of thinking it would never happen. This was hell, a zombie hell.

“Guy’s we need to leave!” I scream as the buildings outside my window burn and the sounds of fighter jets fill the air.

 

March 4th,

My name is Kim Ryeowook, one of the vocals for SM’s Super Junior. It’s been a week since the zombie attack on Seoul South Korea. We were told zombies couldn’t survive in cold places, but Kyuhyun explained that were ever humans lived zombies lived.

“Ryeowook, I’ll take the watch you get some sleep,” Jongwoon whispered from the ladder that led to the sniper tower we had. I nodded, tomorrow we would attempt to make it to a safe house for survivors they had near the capital.

“Yesung hyung, what if we don’t make it?” I asked passing him the sniper rifle, I had.

“Of course we will Wookie, Jungsoo will make sure we do.” Yesung promised me as he readied his binoculars. I nodded, don’t get me wrong I trusted Leeteuk hyung, but I wanted to live. Ever since we ran from the SM building, I’ve had to kill people to survive and I didn’t won’t that to be me or one of my friends. I shuddered at the thought of having to kill one of my hyung’s or dongsae’s. It was horrible enough having to watch my family be killed by those creatures.

“Go to sleep Wookie, hyung will protect you.” Yesung whispered as he helped me lie down. I placed my head on his lap with a sigh before closing my eyes. I was tired.

I woke the next morning to Eunhyuk shaking me. I blinked trying to adjust my eyes to the morning glow of the sun.

“What’s wrong?” I asked sitting up. The pistol on my hip dug into my skin.

“We need to move, Yesung located a horde of undead two roads from here.” Eunhyuk whispered. I nodded glancing around at the others. Who would have thought that members of Super Junior would be holding guns and fighting for their lives? Well, this was great military training.

“Are they in our path? Do we know any of them?” I ask hoping none of them really were people we knew. I knew how much it hurt us when we had to kill someone we knew.

“He couldn’t tell, but we have to hurry.” Eunhyuk continued as he loaded his shotgun. Donghae ran up beside us with a frown.

“We need more ammo, and a few new weapons.” He announced.

“Did you tell Jungsoo?” Eunhyuk asked him as we began towards the exit. Donghae shook his head. Of course, he would never tell our leader right now, not when we were close to being zombie food.

“Don’t worry hyung, we’ll get the ammo and stuff, I’m sure Leeteuk hyung will find us something.” I beamed trying to comfort the older man. The members were waiting for us, each holding their own choice of weapon. Sungmin hyung had a long bo staff, Kyuhyun had two small had guns, Shindong had a machete, Yesung had a sniper rifle and a smaller gun,  and Siwon, Leeteuk, Kangin, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Heechul, HanGeng, Zhou Mi, Henry, and Kibum held a simple guns.

“Good, we’re all here. Try not to bring any attention to yourselves. If we can get to the river, we may be able to get a boat and ride it to a refuge.” Leeteuk explained, waiting on us to nod.

“Alright, get in your normal teams, I want no one by themselves, do I make myself clear?” he asked. Everyone nodded as we partnered up. Each of us held a map and a backpack of supplies in case we were injured or separated from each other.

“Good, then let’s go.” Leeteuk stated before turning and leading us towards our next home. I latched myself to Yesung’s side as we silently crept through the deserted streets. I could faintly hear screams, moans, and shuffling of feet all around us and I desperately wanted to help the other survivors. Yesung grabbed my hand urging me forwards as we passed a mother and her daughter screaming for their lives as a hoard surrounded them. We had to survive, all I could do for them was cry. Yesung and I snuck around the small area watching and waiting for any sign of fall back from our leader. We no longer could rely on the other citizens for help. government had failed not long after the outbreak. Many blamed America, thinking they were using us as lab rats for a biological weapon. But, I knew this was just a major fluke thanks to our own governments greed for war.

“Teukie hyung, we’re almost out of weapons.” Donghae announced as we entered a large mall. The lace had been ransacked already, once being used as a safe house. Now all that remained was blood and rotting corpse of both humans and zombies.

“Fine, everyone look around for ammo and anything else we’re running low on. You all know the drill.” Leeteuk instructed making sure we all nodded before letting us break formation. I quickly made my way to a bathroom, praying it was empty. You never really knew what you had until it was gone or invaded by the undead.

“Have to pee Wookie?” Yesung asked me as we arrived at the lavatories.

“Yeah, sorry I won’t take long.” I smile before entering a stall. I could hear Yesung walking about outside softly singing one of our early songs to himself. Once I finished and exited the stall he pushed his things in my hands and entered to relieve himself.

“So, when we reach civilization, what are you going to do?” I ask trying to make small talk. It really was scary when no sound but your own breathing filled a room.

“I’m going to take a hot shower, and get new turtles.” He replied, I could hear him coming out of the stall. I turned to face him as he silently asked for his things.

“Sound’s nice, I want to be able to cook a big meal. A nice hot one that doesn’t include crackers or half eaten trash food.” I smile envisioning the mouthwatering food I was describing.

“Careful, your stomach is going to rumble.” Yesung smirked before cracking open the door and glancing out. Once we were sure the coast was clear, we rushed to find new weapons and ammo.

 

READ THIS STORY HERE:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/181657/the-diary-of-kim-ryeowook-a-human-s-last-days-eunhae-kyumin-superjunior-zhoury-minwook-yewook-kangteuk