Dia de la muerta

Five nights at SUJU

Hyukjae was the first to notice the change. How lifeless Donghae was that morning. The once dark and vibrant boy was now pale and slow. Now, after two months, the group of Super Junior just accepted it.

"Hae, are you okay?" Hyukjae asked poking at his friend and wincing when some skin fell from his friend and his right arm fell off. A moment of silence fell between them before Hyukjae stood up.

"You lost your arm, let me get that." Hyukjae said placing the arm back on. Donghae moaned low and creepily making the older shake his head.

"Then keep your arm on dummy." Hyukjae ordered before getting called for breakfast.

Everyone sat at the table trying to avoid Donghae's gaze as he just sat there gurgling with his head tilted back.

"More eggs hyung?" Ryeowook asked from beside Yesung, the older shielding him in case the zombie friend attacked. Another grunt left Donghae's lips as everyone stepped away.

"So, how did hyung become an undead?" Siwon asked.

"He's a zombie, not a vampire." Heechul snapped. The two fought, not noticing when Donghae left the table, stumblin and knocking down various things.

"Um, is anyone going after Donghae?" Yesung asked. All eyes looked after the boy as he repeatedly knocked into the door trying to get out.

"If he gets out, then the public will kill him." Hyukjae whimpered as he used raw meat to lure Donghae away from the door.

"We've kept him alive this long, if we aren't careful, all of Super Junior will become zombies." Leeteuk said. A solemn silence filled the dorm, only broken by the constant of Donghae.

"Ok let's kill him." Ryeowook said as he hid under the table as Donghae limped to the other side of the kitchen. Kyuhyun nodded as Sungmin poked the zombie with a stick he had brought the third day they had discovered Donghae's change.

"No! I'll take care of him. Don't worry." Hyukjae said as he lured his friend back to their shared room.

"Once Hyukjae turns, grab any weapon you can find." Kangin whispered earning nods from the others.

“I have been preparing for this moment my entire life.” Kyuhyun beamed as he clung to Sungmin. The older gently peeled the boy away before aiding Yesung with Ryeowook.

*~*

Hyukjae sighed as he held the stick that hung the raw meat, above the zombie lovers head. Donghae was mindlessly grunting and reaching for the dead flesh as Hyukjae smiled. He loved Donghae, and just as he had promised when he discovered his undead friend, he was going to protect him, even from his friends.

“Hae, it’s Hyukkie, remember?” Hyukjae called earning a long moan from the younger.

“Remember when we were doing that concert alone in Japan and ended up staying up all night eating junk food and drinking sake?” Hyukjae asked earning another meaningless moan.

“I wrote a poem for you: My love for you, is like an angel in the snow. As pure and white and imperfected as can be. You call for me and you're grunts are harmony. My fishy Hae, I am you're monkey yes indeed.” Hyukjae recited in his broken english that Hae had been teaching him before his words became moans. Hyukjae shifted, the pole dropping to the floor as Donghae launched at the fallen meat.

“I wonder..” Hyukjae whispered as he watched his roommates bloody mouth.

*~*

Ryeowook screamed as he tossed Yesung between him and the eunhae couple. Two zombies heading his way, he was getting the hell out of there.

“Every asian for himself!” Ryeowook screamed rushing for the door.  

“That’s racist you little brat!” Heenim screamed rushing after the younger member. Kyuhyun had a bat in his hands, holding it within striking range of anything that came near him. Poor Ryeowook, was that thing. Kyuhyun struck, knocking the poor boy out.

“Kyu, I said attack only the zombies.” Sungmin said from his position beside the door, a sword tucked at his side.

“Hey, I ain't being zombie bait.” Kyuhyun deadpanned as more members began falling.

“Why the hell did Hyukjae kiss it?” Heechul asked as he hid behind the couch.

“Hyung, if you become a zombie, I am killing you again.” Kyuhyun said to Sungmin as they raced for the door just as Heechul screamed as eunhae bit him on the neck.

“Same here Kyu.” Sungmin yelled. The two raced to the elevator, only to realize the eunhae zombies had created zombies from the others and were now being chased themselves.

“Kyu, it was nice having with you.” Sungmin said stealing a final kiss as the elevator doors dinged the coming elevator.

“Don’t you dare.” Kyuhyun hissed before Sungmin tossed him to the mob just as the doors opened, buying him enough time to get inside and close the doors back. The last image he saw, was of Kyuhyun being torn to bits by the undead...

*~*

“And that children, is how I survived the zombie apocalypse.” Sungmin smiled finishing his story. The members of Super Junior blinked, searching for the unseen children Sungmin had been speaking too for the past three hours.

“Hyung see’s dead children.” Kyuhyun whispered frightening Ryeowook and making him scream.

“Kyuhyun behave, Sungmin take your pills.” Leeteuk ordered before finishing his task of sewing Yesung’s costume together. He hated trick or treating with the kids, none of them behaved and Kyumin always ended up scaring Ryeowook so bad he slept between he and Kangin. Suddenly, Eunhae came out of their room dressed as zombies causing Ryeowook to scream louder and rush to hide inside the pantry.

“The story was real!” Ryeowook’s distant screams called.