38. Replay- Woohyun/Sungjong

INIFINITE 100 Fic Challenge (OF DOOM)

              “Noona neomu yeppeo,” sang Sungjong at the top of his lungs, dancing his heart out to the music. It was always like this, Sungjong had been using the same practice room since he got into college. It was a small room in the college rec-center that most people were a bit oblivious too, except for a few of the dance students. He had taken an immediate liking to it: the way the mirrors covered all four of the walls allowing him to survey the movements he made and hone them to perfection, the way the room always smelled slightly of air-freshener and slightly of perspiration - unlike the rest of the practice rooms that seemed to smell completely of sweat all the time – the way no one would burst in at random times since hardly anyone knew about it, and the way his music would resonate through the room seeming to give the room its own heartbeat.

                Sungjong wasn’t a dance student, he was actually studying fashion in hopes of becoming a model and some day designing his own brand of clothing, but dancing was Sungjong’s hobby. Dancing allowed Sungjong to release all his emotion and pent up stress and make something beautiful, something that made him feel beautiful. Most people, if you asked, would assure you that Sungjong was beautiful, maybe even ethereal. He was feminine in a way that his frame was slight and curvaceous like a female, but his piercing gaze and confident stride would assure anyone that he was male through and through.

                Sungjong panted as the song finished his sweat moistened bangs hanging in-front of his face as he leaned over his hands placed on his knees in an attempt to catch his breath. It was Friday night and Sungjong had spent the past two hours in the practice room dancing to all kinds of songs. He had started off with girl group songs strutting his stuff to Touch My Body by Sistar and Red by Hyuna, then he had moved on to harder and more taxing boy group dances like Lucifer by SHINee and One Shot by BAP, and now he was cooling down to one of his favorites Replay by SHINee. Replay had consistently been in Sungjong’s top 10 favorite songs since it came out. It was partially because Sungjong loved the feel of the song and partially because he could connect so much to the story it told.

                His first love was like the one in the song. She was beautiful and older than him, but she had never seen him as anything more than a friend. They had been together for a short time after he had confessed his feelings, but she had broken up with him claiming that she could never see him as anything other than a little brother. They had stayed friends, though, and Sungjong had seen her go through multiple relationships, all ending in her heartbreak. It had hurt him, but he’d stayed by her side until it was time for him to go to college. They had parted with tears and whispered wishes for each other to finally find their true loves, but love is never that easy.

                As soon as Sungjong set foot on campus he was relentlessly pursued by males and females all attracted to his ethereal beauty and confident stride, but none of them had made any sort of impact on him. He’d attempted going on all kinds of dates, with all kinds of people and though he hadn’t made any love connection he’d made some extremely close friends.

                There was Dongwoo; the hyper boy, with a smile that seemed to cover his entire face. He was a dance major that loved people in general and showed his love through physical affection like hugging, kissing, and sometimes biting (as Sungjong had learned one day while watching a movie with him). They had quickly figured out that they weren’t compatible as a couple, but they made great friends. Dongwoo was the one that had introduced Sungjong to the practice room.

                Then there was Hoya, he was a muscular man who had put Sungjong on edge at first, but after their first date Sungjong had already discovered Hoya was just a big, awkward teddy bear. He and Dongwoo had apparently known each other forever and shared the same major as well as being roommates. Sungjong was positive that Hoya had a major crush on Dongwoo, so he had quickly dumped him and subtly intoned that he should ask Dongwoo out.

                Next came Myungsoo. Myungsoo was gorgeous . He was majoring in Acting and his looks were second to none in the Freshman class. When Sungjong had accepted his proposal for a date he was convinced that Myungsoo was some kind of cold Casanova that would sweep him off his feet then dump him as soon as he got bored. Sungjong was completely and utterly wrong. At first Myungsoo continued with his cold ice-prince image, but as the night wore on his cute and awkward personality peeked through. After the consumption of a few drinks he had eventually admitted that he wasn’t actually romantically interested in Sungjong he was just looking for a friend. Sungjong had quickly agreed to being his friend admitting that he as well felt nothing romantically for the other. 

                Last came Sungyeol. He and Sungjong had hit it off immediately, chatting about the newest fashions and about the modeling agencies that would fit Sungjong the best. Sungyeol had been a model during his high school years, but had decided to give it up in order to pursue his true passion: coffee. His dream was to open his own coffee shop, filled with delicacies and coffee to fit all pallets. They had developed a strong friendship and were leaning towards lovers when Sungjong had discovered the other’s intense crush on Myungsoo. It had only taken a few cups of coffee, that may or may not have been spiked, and locking them in a room together to make the two realize that they were soul-mates.

                Sungjong groaned standing up straight and stretching his hands towards the ceiling. The sound of the door opening filled the room causing Sungjong to turn towards the book. So much for people not randomly bursting in on him, thought Sungjong sending an icy glare towards the intruder.

                At the door stood a brown haired man looking sheepishly at Sungjong. “I’m sorry for intruding,” he said, rubbing his neck in an embarrassed manner. “I thought everyone would be out partying.”

                Sungjong relaxed his glare giving the other a small smile. “I’m not much of a party person,” he said with a grin wiping his sweat drenched bangs to the side of his face.

                “Me neither,” replied the other with a dashing smile that showed his dimples. Sungjong felt himself flush as he looked at the man more. He was toned and moderately tanned, The man’s arms that were exposed by his black tank top held Sungjong’s attention for a moment before his eyes moved up to the man’s face. He had plump lips and eyes that looked almost chocolate brown.

                “You could have fooled me,” commented Sungjong with a grin. “You look like the type that would throw the parties.”

                The man let out a short laugh. “You’re one to talk,” he replied, his voice filled with barely withheld laughter. “You look like the type who would spend hours getting ready for a party and then hang around like a wall flower the whole time instead of partying.”

                “Isn’t that what parties are for though,” questioned Sungjong with fake astonishment.

                The man let out a loud laugh clutching at his gut. “So what’s your name little wall flower?”

                “Sungjong,” he replied with a grin, “You?”

                “Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.”

                “Well, it’s been lovely meeting you Mr.Nam, but I regret to inform you that I shall have to cut our meeting short. It’s around time for my roommate to be stumbling home drunk with a one-night-stand on his arm and I really don’t feel like finding a different place to sleep tonight, ”Sungjong intoned with a grimace strolling across the room to unplug his iPod and throw it into his pink duffle bag that held his clothes and other necessities.

                Woohyun let out another short laugh before nodding in understanding. “My roommate will probably do the same. I suppose I’ll either have to pull an all-nighter or crash here for the night.” He ran his hands through his hair looking resigned to his future as he set his bag down on the opposite side of the room from Sungjong.

                “Good luck with that. I’ll be heading out. Maybe we’ll see each other around campus,” Sungjong stated, waving goodbye with a smile.

                When the door closed Woohyun starred at for a few moments in longing. Sungjong seemed to be exactly his type, but he didn’t even get a chance to ask for his number. Woohyun let out a groan before strolling over to plug his phone into the sound system. Just as he was about to plug his phone in he saw a note written on the mirror in something that looked suspiciously like lipstick. A phone number was messily scrawled out and under it was written in sloping letters:

 Call me Mr. Nam, if you’re interested in treating me to some food ~ Sungjong

                Woohyun grinned brightly. “When did that little flower write this,” he questioned himself with a pleased grin.

                “I just might have found the one noona,” Sungjong breathed out quietly a pleased grin covering his face as he walked back towards his dorm. From that day on Replay could no longer be found on Sungjong’s favorites playlist.