Morning rush

Love Shuffle

|Scene 4|

 

Jin Ae woke up early to seeing that her baby angel was sleeping peacefully in her little crib that Ki Bum and Hyung Joon had bought the first day that Hyun Ae had came home. Jin Ae looked over at her baby and pulled the covers over the baby girl and gave Hyun Ae a soft kiss. A smile appeared on Hyun Ae’s lips. Jin Ae hopped out of bed and went into the bathroom. Jin Ae began doing her daily morning routine and got ready for school. She showered, brushed her hair and made sure, she looked okay.

“Knock-knock,” Hyung Joon’s voice came from the door. “I’m brushing my teeth oppa,” Jin Ae called out. She began squeezing the toothpaste onto the toothbrush.

“I thought you were still snoozing. Anyways, your baby’s daddy is here with breakfast for everyone,” Hyung Joon said while walking through the room.

“Wha?” Jin Ae’s head popped out and Hyung Joon was leaning outside of the bathroom’s entry.

“Your pretend husband is here to take you and Hyun Ae to school but he also brought you breakfast,” Hyung Joon explained. Jin Ae nodded and then her eyes widened. She brushed her teeth in a fast pace and began splashing her face with water and dashed out of the room. Hyung Joon eyes widened as he stared at his youngest sister. He shook his head and chuckled.

Hyun Ae woke up when Hyung Joon had entered the room just a while ago. She was now wide awake and watching Jin Ae dash around her bedroom. Hyung Joon walks over smoothly and picks up Hyun Ae. “Let’s let uncle change your diaper while your mommy runs around crazy, okay Hyunnie-ah?” Hyun Ae blinked and grinned at her uncle. Hyun Ae nodded while Hyung Joon carried her outside.

“I’ll be baby-napping your baby now to give her a new diaper,” Hyung Joon left the room while Jin Ae was struggling to put on her knee length socks. Jin Ae smiled and thanked her older brother. Ki Bum walked past her room and stopped mid way. Ki Bum looked at Jin Ae and raised an eyebrow.

“You know your husband is waiting for you right?” Ki Bum teased while raising an eyebrow.

“He’s not my real husband oppa,” Jin Ae’s cheeks turned a bright color of strawberry. She suddenly puffed up her cheeks and narrowed her eyes at her middle oldest brother.

“But still - it’s funny to see you puff your cheeks up like that,” Ki Bum said while chuckling and walking away. Jin Ae huffed and felt her cheeks were still red.

‘...am I blushing? Why am I blushing?’ Jin Ae thought while shaking her head and patted her cheeks. “Crazy brother,” Jin Ae muttered under her breath.

Jin Ae grabbed her bag and exited her room and walked into the living room. There sat Dong Jun with a baby Hyun Ae. The two were playing with each other. Dong Jun lifted Hyun Ae up and down. Hyun Ae was giggling and she looked over at Jin Ae. Hyun Ae pointed over at her mother and called out, “Mommy!” Hyun Ae beamed.

Dong Jun looked over and smiled at her. He nodded his head at her and placed his hand into Hyun Ae’s. Both of them began waving at Jin Ae. “Say good morning mommy, Hyun Ae-ah,”

Hyun Ae struggles to saying what Dong Jun had instructed and began saying baby gibberish. Jin Ae laughed and walked over to the two. “Morning baby,” Jin Ae said while picking up Hyun Ae.

“Morning,” Dong Jun answered while Jin Ae looks over at Dong Jun with confused eyes. Dong Jun’s eyes widened and his cheeks flushed pink. Dong Jun coughed uncomfortably while Jin Ae nodded her head.

“Morning Dong Jun,” Jin Ae said slowly while Dong Jun nodded his head. The three of them went over to the table and began having breakfast together. Ki Bum and Hyung Joon came out and had breakfast as well since Dong Jun insisted.

“Make sure you eat lots of okay Jin Ae?” Dong Jun advised while piling the food up on Jin Ae’s plate. Hyung Joon and Ki Bum watched as Jin Ae whined about Dong Jun wanting to make her fat. Dong Jun waved it off and continued advising her into not skipping breakfast since it’s an important moment in a daily life. Hyun Ae continued sipping up her milk bottle.

---

Over at the Park’s house, Jung Min woke up early cooking breakfast for Jae Hoon, Hye Shi and him. Jae Hoon was playing around with the Doraemon toys that Jung Min had showered him with. Jae Hoon was making background noises in the living room. Hye Shi smiled at her baby boy and giggles. Hye Shi continued setting the table and bringing the plates of food down on the table. There was a doorbell ring so Hye Shi brushed her hands with the apron that she had on.

“Could you get that Chubbi-Cheeks?” Jung Min asked while popping his head out of the kitchen with some tongs and a huge chef hat on his head. Hye Shi raised an eyebrow and laughed at her older brother.

“Got it Horsey-oppa,” Hye Shi said while walking over to the door.

“I’m a y horse, okay?” Jung Min clipped the tongs at her. Hye Shi shook her head and opened the door. Hye Shi looks and saw her next door neighbor, Kyung.

“Kyung-sshi, w-what are you doing here?” Hye Shi asked while blinking. Kyung looked up a bit and saw Hye Shi in a frog apron. His cheeks flushed pink and bit his lip.

“G-good morning Hye Shi,” Kyung stammered out while smiling shyly.

“Oh, good morning Kyung,” Hye Shi beamed back.

“Uhh...umm...I...I was wondering if you wanted to - umm..b-breakfast,” Kyung stuttered while looking away.

“Breakfast?” Hye Shi asked while tilting her head. “Oh, Jung Min-oppa is making breakfast right now, why don’t you come in?” Hye Shi opened the door wider for Kyung to come in.

“A-are you sure?” Kyung asked while looking down. “I feel like intruding...” Kyung blushed.

“Nonsense, come in, I’m sure Jung Min-oppa and Baby Jae Hoon wouldn’t mind,” Hye Shi tugged on Kyung’s wrist and made him come in. Hye Shi closed the door and waved for him to come in. Kyung took off his shoes and walked in timidly.

“Jung Min-oppa, Kyung-sshi is going to join us for breakfast!” Hye Shi called out while walking over to Jae Hoon. Jae Hoon was so engrossed in playing with his toys and didn’t notice his mother.

“Alright!” Jung Min shouted from the kitchen. Kyung shyly walked over to the play area and sat down beside Hye Shi. Hye Shi picked Jae Hoon up and secured him in her lap. Kyung handed Jae Hoon a Doraemon rattle and shook it a bit. Jae Hoon looked up at Kyung and blinked at him.

“So when did you wake up Kyung-shi?”  Hye Shi asked.

“Around seven in the morning,” Kyung fiddled around with his glasses.

“Wow, that’s early! Luckily we have a late start today, school starts around nine? It’s barely eight,” Hye Shi said while smiling at the boy.

“Thank goodness too,” Kyung said while looking at Jae Hoon. Jae Hoon grabbed a hold of Kyung’s finger and held onto it.

“Daddy?” Jae Hoon asked cluelessly. Hye Shi blinked while Kyung was staring at Jae Hoon as well.

“I-I’m not your daddy. C-chang Jo is your daddy J-Jae Hoon,” Kyung explained while Hye Shi was quiet. She looked at Kyung and then at Jae Hoon. Jae Hoon was missing something, someone and it’s a father. Ever since Hye Shi and Chang Jo received Jae Hoon - Chang Jo only sees Jae Hoon during school time and possibly on the weekends if he wasn’t busy with Min Ah.

“Daddy,” Jae Hoon called out and got out of Hye Shi’s embrace. He crawled over to Kyung and laid his head onto Kyung’s lap. “Daddy...” Jae Hoon murmured out while holding onto Kyung’s hand.

“H-Hye Shi?” Kyung called out while trying not to be overwhelmed by this action of the baby. Hye Shi was stuck in a trance, she was staring at Jae Hoon with upset eyes. “Hye Shi?” Kyung called out while placing a hand on her lap.

Hye Shi snapped out of her trance and looked at Kyung. “Are you okay?” Kyung asked with concerned looks in his chocolate brown eyes

“Y-yeah,”  Hye Shi answered while nodding insecurely.

“You don’t seem okay...” Kyung said. Hye Shi looked at him and remained silent. “What’s strange is that....Jae Hoon’s missing his daddy,” Kyung said while raising an eyebrow. He looked over Hye Shi and blinked at her.

“Does Chang Jo see Jae Hoon regularly?” Kyung couldn’t help but question. Hye Shi remained quiet. She couldn’t just tell him the truth about what’s going on between her and Chang Jo.

“Does he check up on you? Give you his phone number?” Kyung asked while raising an eyebrow.

“He doesn’t check up on us regularly. Only at school and something on the weekend if he isn’t too busy with Min Ah, but he did give me his number...” Hye Shi replied.

“That son of a...” Kyung muttered under his breath. Hye Shi placed a hand on Kyung’s and looked at him.

“I don’t want anyone to know about this Kyung-sshi. Please don’t tell anyone, especially not Jin Ae-dongsaeng. She thinks Chang Jo is the perfect husband so far...”

“But he isn’t, he’s a guy that has to take care of his son but he is out with another girl,” Kyung spat out.

“He’s going out with Min Ah way before he got assign to do this project with me. So, I think he has every right to spend time with his girlfriend as well,” Hye Shi said quietly while staring at Jae Hoon.

“What about Jae Hoon? He misses his father and I bet you haven’t had a good rest at night because you are so busy with Jae Hoon and managing a job as well at the cafe. From my point of view - it seems like Chang Jo’s neglecting you both and that isn’t healthy for you both,” Kyung stated while looking at Hye Shi. Hye Shi stared at Kyung and felt her lips tremble. Kyung holds onto Hye Shi’s hand and smiled at her with faith.

“How about this? I’ll be Jae Hoon’s temporary daddy and when Chang Jo’s in sight...I’ll return Jae Hoon back to him,” Kyung said while smiling at Jae Hoon.

“Jae Hoon having two fathers?” Hye Shi questioned.

“Yeah but I’ll be here most of the time for Jae Hoon and you,” Kyung said sweetly while beaming at Hye Shi. Hye Shi could feel her heartbeat thumping. Hye Shi didn’t know how Kyung made her heart beat so fast but...she liked it.

Hye Shi scooted over to Kyung and wrapped her arms around him. “Thank you Kyung-oppa,” Hye Shi whispered while Kyung blushed.

“Didn’t you hear that Jae Hoonie? I’m your daddy now,” Kyung said while grinning.

“Daddy?” Jae Hoon questioned. “Daddy!” Kyung chuckled and hugged Jae Hoon. Hye Shi got up and left the father and son to play comfortably.

“I knew I had a good feeling about that boy,” Jung Min said while looking at Kyung.

“What?” Hye Shi asked.

“It seems to me that he’ll be a better father than that Choi Jong Hyun bastard,” Jung Min hissed out.

“Oppa don’t talk behind other people’s backs even though you are pretty much right,” Hye Shi scolded.

“He’s a bastard for not showing you and the baby some time. He never comes over to help you!” Jung Min narrowed his eyes.

“It’s ok-” Hye Shi got cut off because of Jung Min.

“It’s not okay. I’m worried about you baby girl! I’m scared that you might get all caught up in Jae Hoon, school and work that you might end up in a depression because of everything overwhelming you,” Jung Min hissed.

“Oppa, don’t worry...Kyung-oppa will protect Jae Hoon and me now,” Hye Shi said while smiling.

“I just hope that he will protect you and Jae Hoon. I don’t want you to go crazy,” Jung Min said while smiling.

Ding-dong

“Door?” Jae Hoon asked and then Kyung got up and went over to the door with Jae Hoon in his arms.

“Good Morning~!” Jin Ae shrill voice echoed. Dong Jun and Hyun Ae came in from behind. Hye Shi came out of the kitchen and smiled.

“Morning, you’re early today Jin Ae,” Hye Shi teased while Jin Ae bumped into her softly and laughed. “It’s because Dong Jun here came over with breakfast for the family,” Dong Jun perked up at his name and coughed with pink cheeks.

“Wow, isn’t that sweet of your father right Hyun Ae?” Hye Shi bent down and patted her head softly.

“Yes aunty,” Hyun Ae said cutely.

“Good girl,” Hye Shi said while laughing lightly.

“Oh Kyung-oppa, good morning,” Jin Ae said happily. Kyung nodded and waved until he looked over at Dong Jun. He saw that Dong Jun was peering at him with envy eyes. Kyung gulped and then wondered why was Dong Jun glaring at him with these sort of eyes. Hye Shi took note of the reaction of Dong Jun when Jin Ae called Kyung ‘oppa’.

“Oppa, not to mean or anything but...what’cha doing over here so early? Where’s Chang Jo?” Jin Ae looked around and didn’t see the brunette haired boy anywhere. Kyung looked over at Hye Shi to seeing that she was uncomfortable.

“Chang Jo said that he’ll be meeting up with Hye Shi and Jae Hoon over at the school, he’s running errands for his parents at the moment,” Kyung lied easily while Hye Shi looked at him with shocked eyes. Dong Jun on the other hand knew the situation between Hye Shi and Chang Jo clearly. After all, him and Chang Jo are best friends, he knows about Chang Jo ditching Hye Shi for Min Ah.

“Okay? Well are you ready for school?” Jin Ae believed Kyung and smiled brightly. Kyung let out a sigh and nodded.

“Yeah let’s go,” Kyung said while handing Jae Hoon over to Hye Shi. Hye Shi held onto Jae Hoon and smiled at the baby boy. Dong Jun stared at Hye Shi and Jae Hoon for a moment.

“Kiss kiss Jae Hoon,” Hye Shi said while smiling at the baby boy. Jae Hoon blinked at his mom and kissed Hye Shi. Hye Shi laughed while hugging Jae Hoon.

“Wahh! Hyun Ae! Mommy wants a kiss too!” Jin Ae said while bending down towards the baby kiss.

“Kiss kiss!” Hyun Ae giggled and kissed her mom. Jin Ae squealed and hugged her baby girl. Kyung had his and Hye Shi’s bag in his hand and smiled at the girls.

“Alrighty let’s go to school,” Jin Ae said while picking up Hyun Ae. Hye Shi went over to the kitchen and saw Jung Min packing lunch.

“Oppa, we’re going to go now. We’ll see back at the cafe,” Hye Shi bid her good byes.

“But what about break-” Jung Min tried to hurry up.

“Sorry oppa, we wanted to get to school early. I’ll call you when I get out,” Hye Shi went out the door to seeing Hyun Ae and Jae Hoon in their strollers. Hye Shi locked the door to her apartment and turned back to her friends and...Dong Jun.

Hye Shi walked in the back with a note pad. Jin Ae and Kyung walked in front while Dong Jun was slowing his pace down. Hye Shi was scribbling some notes until she noticed Dong Jun walking beside her.

“...Can I help you Kim Dong Jun?” Hye Shi asked while not taking her eyes off of the note pad. Dong Jun looked forward and swung his book bag over his shoulder.

“I know what Chang Jo has been doing when he isn’t around you and Jae Hoon,” Dong Jun said quietly for only Hye Shi to hear. Hye Shi tensed up and stopped writing. She looked up from the notepad and gazed over at Dong Jun.

“I know that he hasn’t been doing his part of the project either. I can see that Park Kyung offered to be your baby’s fake daddy too,” Dong Jun said while glancing over at Kyung’s back. “I take it that Jin Ae doesn’t know about Chang Jo doing this? She thinks that Chang Jo is taking care of you and Jae Hoon very well?” Hye Shi’s lip trembled at the thought of Jin Ae.

“So...? What are you going to do about this Kim Dong Jun?” Hye Shi asked while narrowing her eyes at the boy beside her. Dong Jun shrugged casually.

“I’m not going to do anything but advise you about this, tell Chang Jo to help you or else both of you will fail this project and Jin Ae will find out about this heartbreaking situation,” Dong Jun said while looking at her seriously. Hye Shi shook her head at his suggestion.

“I...can’t bring myself to do that. Chang Jo... was going out with Min Ah way before this project,” Hye Shi explained while rubbing her arm.

“So? You’re his project partner, he needs to work on it other than smooching his annoying as hell girlfriend,” Dong Jun stated while Hye Shi remained quiet. “Listen since I’m trying to make amends with Jin Ae, you’re her best friend. I want to help you so Jin Ae can...be friendly to me too just like Kyung and Ricky...” Dong Jun confessed while blushing slightly. Hye Shi looked at him and then remembered earlier.

“...you want Jin Ae to call you ‘oppa’ right?” Hye Shi blurted out while seeing Dong Jun’s cheeks flared up even more.

“W-what?! N-no! I-I mean...” Dong Jun said while shaking his head.

“You do, just admit it,” Hye Shi murmured out. Dong Jun hung his head bashfully and sighed. “One question, how are you going to help me?” Hye Shi asked while smiling.

“If you let me help you then, you’ll see,” Dong Jun said while winking.

 

---

 

Omg, finally an update, huh?

I hope you like :)

Comments are loved~

Subscribe if you want ^^

Until next time, lovelies~