Min Yoongi

Of Heroes And Gangsters

        Suga was awestruck. He had been standing by the front door, waiting for his friend impatiently when his eyes met with a girl who had walked out of the building across the street. She gave him a shy smile, in which he returned, before looking down at her phone. He watched her open her umbrella to shield herself from the light rain as she plopped down on a step by the door.

Everything about this girl seemed to send his heart racing. From her short brown hair to the way her lips seemed to pout outward as she read something on her phone that she was obviously displeased with. Her movements were refined and graceful. It had made him feel a bit self conscious. He looked down at his clothes with a worried expression. His sweater was second hand and his skinny jeans were ripped in several different places. 

It wasn't like she was dressed up, but he could bet that her coat had probably cost more than his whole outfit had. Other than an expensive looking coat, she was dressed in ballet attire, which made sense considering the building she had come out of was a dance studio. He suddenly had the urge to watch her dance. He would bet anything that she was even more beautiful dancing than she was just sitting there idly. Not that the girl wasn’t already breathtaking. That thought alone sent a bright smile to his face. And he forgot for a moment about how worried he was at being underdressed compared to her.

"What are you looking at that’s got you so happy?!" His friend stepped out of the building and stared at Suga with raised eyebrows. When he didn’t answer, V fallowed his gaze to the building across the street. His eyes landed on a female who was sitting on the steps alone, struggling to keep her umbrella from falling as she reached for something that seemed to be lost in her backpack. He pulled the hood of his jacket up and groaned at his friend. 

"You have got to be kidding me, Suga." The boy didn't respond as he continued to stare at the girl in wonder. 

"Hello! Earth to Suga!" V waved his hand in front of his face, making him finally notice his friends presence. 

"You've got some expensive taste, man." He raised an eyebrow in question. V just pointed his thumb in the direction of the girl across the street. 

"Don't you know who that is?" Suga shook his head making V sigh. 

"That's Jung Mihyun." 

"Jung Mihyun." Suga smiled. Saying her name sent a warm feeling throughout his entire body. 

"You're missing the point here." V deadpanned. 

"Hello, Jung as in the infamous Lawyer Jung Han Woo. Dude. How can you not know that. Mr. Jung is said to like work with the Mafia or whatever. That guy has so much power, its scary. Yeah. That's his daughter, you dimwit. She's way outta your league." He scrunched his nose up at V's words.

"I'm not a dimwit."

"Is that seriously the only thing you caught from what I just said?! Jeez, you're more of an airhead than I thought." He grabbed his friend by the shoulders, shaking him slightly so that Suga had no choice but to look him in the face. 

"I'm going to say this slower so you will understand. She. Is. Out. Of. Your. League. She's just some rich girl, man. Probably a spoiled brat. And you. You're a dropout punk in a gang who works at his uncle's mechanic shop part time. Get over her quickly. It's not gonna end well, if it even starts at all."  

"How could you say that? You don't know her. And who says it wouldn‘t end well?!" V rolled his eyes.

"Really dude? You're more concerned that I called her a spoiled brat than all the things I just said about you?"

"But those things are true. You know me, V. I am a dropout punk in a gang who works for my uncle. But you don't know her. She might not be a spoiled brat.” And then his goofy grin was back in place. 

“She smiled at me.” V watched as his friend stared off into space again. 

"Okay. You're creeping me out. But don't say I didn't warn you. Even if by some miracle she happens to like you. Good luck getting past her brother. I heard he's pretty overprotective. And not to mention her father again. You know, the really scary one that could put you in prison without so much as lifting a pinky finger." Suga just ignored his friends words as he descended the stairs.

“Ya! Are you even listening? Where are you going?!” V called out to him.

“Bus stop. I have to go to work.” Suga smirked.  

"Whatever man, I'm going home. Don‘t come whining to me if she rejects you." He called after his friend, knowing that it was all in vain. He shook his head as he walked in the opposite direction. 

"Aish. You're in deep Suga. You’re impulsive attitude is going to backfire one day. No good is going to come from this." He mumbled, words lost in the strengthening rain.

      He sat in the glass box and watched wordlessly as the small drizzle had turned into heavy pouring. Suga still had a good ten minutes before the bus would arrive. But he didn’t seem to mind the wait today. His mind just kept wandering to the girl. Now that he thought back, his friend sure did know a lot of things concerning this Jung Mihyun. He’d have to ask V more about it later.

His breath caught in his throat as a small figure made their way inside the bus stop. She folded her umbrella up as she sat down on the bench. He was disappointed when she didn’t even spare him a glance. But judging by the way she seemed to fidget slightly and bite her lip, Suga had come to the conclusion that she must be shy. He smiled at how cute her actions were and soon he had found himself lost in her presence. The girl let out a small squeak as thunder roared loudly. 

She must be afraid of thunder. Suga thought sadly, unsure if he should comfort her or not. But then decided against it. He didn’t want to creep her out. It roared again and she jumped, clutching her coat tighter to her body as she shivered. 

“Are you okay?” The words had left his mouth before he could stop himself. She turned to him and gave him a sheepish smile. 

“Yeah. Just kind of don’t like thunder.” He scooted closer to her, pulling out his ipod and handing her the headphones. She took them cautiously, a questioning look on her face. 

“You don’t like thunder, right? I’m going to help. Put them on.” Her cheeks reddened as she placed the ear buds in her ear. Suga was melting on the inside. She was sitting so close to him and it made his heart pound. Since when had he been like this? Never before had this happened. He barely knew this girl and yet she was silently driving him crazy. Her face relaxed a bit and her body had become less stiff. They sat like that for a while until the bus came. She handed him back his headphones as they both got up and boarded the bus. Suga was surprised when she had fallowed him to the back, sitting beside him. 

“Thank you for letting me use your ipod. My mane is Jung Mihyun. What‘s yours?” 

“Min Yoongi. But just call me Suga. And you’re welcome.” She giggled.

“Suga. That’s a funny nickname, but I like it.” He smiled at her. 

“So you’re a dancer?” At first she seemed a bit shocked that he knew that but then she realized that she was still in her ballet attire.

“Yeah. I’ve been dancing since I was six.” He couldn’t help but notice the way her eyes lit up at the mention of dancing.

“You must be really good then. How old are you now?”

“Seventeen. And you?”

“Same.” The rest of the ride had been slightly awkward. He was never really good at small talk. Actually, Suga wan't good at talking to people in general. Stealing glances of her was all he could do until fate had wished them apart once more.