Cheesy as cheesecake

Everything goes black

Cheesy as cheesecake

 

”Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghh!” Yaël yells as she wakes up from a nightmare.

Her body is coverd in sweat. She’s been having the same nightmare for 4 years.

Everytime she falls into a black hole, which devours her and turns her in to a furocious monster.

Yaël had learned that dreams can have meanings,  yet she doesn’t understand what this dream is trying to tell her.

She starts getting dressed.  As usual she’s wearing a simple outfit, she doesn’t like to stand out. If she could, she would rather hide in a dark corner.

But since she’s expected to be a member of society and go to work like a normal adult, she can only hide herself behind her smile.

Yaël quickly grabs a piece of toast before she heads out the door.

She works as an assistent in her dad’s art studio. 

His paintings sell well, so she earns a decent amount of money.

“Yaël can you grab the charcoal for me, dear!”

Yaël rolls her eyes: “Dad! Stop calling me dear!”

Her dad grins, he knows Yaël hates cutesy names, but he likes to irritate her anyways.

“Oh my goodness! I forgot something important! Yaël can you get something for me?” “What, your brain?”Yaël replies as she rolls her eyes. Her dad was very chaotic and messy. 

Unlike her father, Yaël has very good memory.

Unfortunatly though, she has a certain period of her life that she can’t remember for some reason. The time period up untill she was 11 years old is a total blur.

For this reason Yaël visits a psycologist every week, unfortunatly not much has come out of that yet. Only the fact that she has frequent nightmares, which she already knew. 

She doesn’t have much to talk to her about, because she rarely socialises with other people, besides her dad.

She’s all alone.


As Yaël walks in to the store, she is greeted by a young man at the door with a cheesy grin on his face. She would like to slap it off, unfortunatly she can’t. 

The man must be another arrogant flirt ,Yaël can tell by his posture. It screams : please slap me in the face, I’m a player.

His name is Jung Daehyun, she could read it from his name tag.

As much as Yaël hated his arrogant appearance, she would have to admit that he’s still a handsome young man.

“what can I do for you?” Daehyun asks.

Suddenly Yaël realises that she had been staring at him for a while, whithout noticing it.

Yaël blushes as she asks: “where can I find pencils?”.

“Almost anywhere you like, as long as you search for them”Daehyun replies , with a smirk on his face.  A bit irritated, Yaël is about to walk away, as she says: “thanks for the help”with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

Suddenly she feels a hand on her shoulder, she jumps. “I was just kidding, you can find them there in the last row of the third ile” Daehyun says.

Yaël pretends to laugh, as she walks away. “What an annoying jerk! How dare he waste my time like that. I have no time for childish jokes!” Yaël says to herself as she heads back home.