Emotions

Everything goes black

Emotions

 

After all the lights go down, I’m just the words you are the sound
A strange type of chemistry, how you’ve become a part of me
And when I sit alone at night, your thoughts burn through me like a fire
You’re the only one who knows who I really am

 

Thousand Foot Krutch- Be somebody

 

The words of “Be somebody” start to boil inside of Yaël.

Although the snow outside cools down her feelings. These mixed feelings inspire her to make another painting.

As she’s painting she feels a hand on her shoulder.

It gives her a warm and comforting feeling.

Yaël turns around and looks the owner of the hand straight in the eyes. Two trustworthy eyes, full of warmth. It’s Yongguk.

“Brrr, it’s cold in here! The heating still isn’t fixed yet?” Yongguk said.

“No, my dad is to busy to do it” Yaël replied.

“Let’s go somewhere warm” Yongguk said.

 

  “Wow, this painting is beautiful!”

(“Heading Home”- Philippe Fernandez)

 

For some reason Yaël felt as though this painting was reaching out to her soul.

It was different than the other paintings she had seen. Feelings of melancholy filled her.

Slowly a tear ran down her face, followed by a few small tears.

Yongguk understood Yaël’s feelings and drew her into a warm embrace.

“Just release your emotions, you’re safe with me” he said.

Yet Yaël seemed to realise she was in a public place, so she refused to do what he said.

“Thanks, I’m ok now…” she said.

“Hmmm… If you say so…” Yongguk said.

Yongguk dropt Yaël off at home, because he still had some work to do.

 

She was alone.

Slowly she started to shiver, memories flashed through her head with great intencity.

It was all too much.

Yaël’s heart-rate drasticly started to rise.

She felt as though she was suffocating.

Everything slowly started to go black around her.

 

Yaël woke up.

Someone was holding her hand.

Yaël sat up in her bed to see who it was.

It was Daehyun.

 When he noticed that Yaël had woken up he carefully gave her a hug.

“Thank goodness! You’re awake!” Daehyun said with a relieved face expression.

Yaël looked at Daehyun’s face, his eyes looked a little red.

Had he been crying?

“I was worried sick!” Daehyun said.

“Yongguk had called to ask me if I can hang out with you for a bit.

He said you are probably feeling lonely, so I decided to stop by. But when I arrived you were laying in the doorway, unconcious.

I brought you to bed and called Himchan to ask what I should do, he said that you probably had a panic attack. He told me to stay with you and calm you down.”

Yaël gave Daehyun a gratefull smile.

Daehyun calmly started singing:

I am with you
I will carry you through it all
I won't leave you, I will catch you
When you feel like letting go
'Cause you're not, you're not alone

 

The combination of RED’s lyrics and Daehyun’s calm yet beautiful voice helped her calm down. Daehyun gently through Yaël’s hair as he was singing.

She felt safe with him.

 

 

Yaël and Daehyun went over to Daehyun’s house, because Yaël’s house was too cold.

Daehyun lives together with his older brother, but his brother is often away for his work.

It was almost dinner time, so Daehyun decided to order a pizza.

 

A little while later the doorbell rang.

Yaël had gotten fairly hungry, so she ran to answer the door before Daehyun could even reach it.

A tall teenage boy was standing in front of the door carrying to pizza boxes in one hand and a skateboard in the other.

“Huh, who are you?” the boy asked.

“Zelo! Good to see ya man!” Daehyun said as he finally reached the door.

“You know the pizza boy?” Yaël said with a suprised look on her face.

“Yeah, we’ve been buddies for quite some time now”Daehyun said as he placed his arm on Zelo’s shoulder and messed up Zelo’s hair.

“Stop it Hyung!” Zelo said with a pouty face.

“So who are you? And what are you doing in Daehyun’s house?” Zelo asked Yaël.

“Is she your..” Zelo was trying to say as Daehyun quickly interrupted “Friend, yes she’s my friend”. 

“So how do you two know eachother?” Yaël asked.

“Well, he used to work at the pizzaria, untill he got fired for eating all the pizza.

 It would be gone before he could even deliver it. Daehyun eats a lot” Zelo said.

“I don’t!” Daehyun proclaimed.

“Why did you order a large pizza for yourself and a small one for your friend then?” Zelo asked. “Shhhhh” Daehyun said as he coverd Zelo’s mouth with the mask Zelo was wearing.

“Well I’ve got to go now, enjoy your dinner!” Zelo said.