Xiumin/Luhan: Hammock (915 words)

One-shot
Minseok adjusts his fluffy pastel green beanie on his head to cover his ears, protecting them from the chilly wind. Placing an arm under his head as a pillow, he continues reading the book that he is firmly holding with his other hand.

Spring has always been Minseok's favourite season of the year. Although it marks the end of winter, his second favourite, he is in love with how the leaves on the trees start to grow, how the flowers start to bloom or how he can finally relax on a hammock in his backyard without feeling too cold or too warm.

Life feels like bliss, or like a portal between dreams and reality, at a time like this. It's a bonus if it's a weekend; Minseok's free from work. Everything is perfect, except...

The hammock abruptly tilts to the right in Minseok's shock, it feels exactly like a capsizing boat, and Minseok almost wants to shout. A boy, or an overgrown manchild that Minseok's all too familiar with, pounces onto his body and lands on his chest with a loud thump. "Ouch," Luhan hisses, rubbing his forehead with his fingers as his face scrunches in pain. Minseok gasps simultaneously right after realizing that Luhan has hit his head with the hard-cover book he has been holding on to. Judging from the sound, it must have really hurt.

"You okay?" Minseok asks in true concern as he puts the book aside.

"I'm fine, babe." Luhan's expression makes a complete change to a delightful one, the sides of his eyes crinkled as he grins with his teeth shown glowingly. Minseok reaches out to the boy on top of him, gently tapping onto his forehead, and he notices Luhan twitch at his touch. "It hurts, right? I'll go get some ice," Minseok insists, getting ready to squirm out from under Luhan until the latter stops him with a shake of his head.

"More than that," Luhan says with a hint of smirk at his lips. "I believe we have some unfinished business from this morning." Minseok's cheeks redden as his body instantly turns warm at the thought of it, but he feigned ignorance as he states, "business? What business?"

"Oh, you know..." Luhan leans in closer to Minseok's face. "It's a little something like this..."

Minseok closes his eyes after batting them, nervously waiting for Luhan to kiss his lips, at least that's what he expects. He feels Luhan's breath breezing his skin and his own breath hitched when he felt soft lips land gently on his neck. Just as Minseok's getting himself used to the feeling of it, Luhan begins his usual routine— on Minseok's smooth skin, biting it from time to time and leaving an obvious hickey on that very spot. Minseok's not complaining, though. He likes it when Luhan does that because he isn't usually the one who does such a bold thing in the relationship. He usually leaves it all to Luhan, to which the latter gladly agrees, as Minseok is very shy when it comes to physical contact. The hammock is swinging slowly on its own, and the couple on it is in still motion, mostly. Luhan's still devouring Minseok's neck like a wolf on its prey. Minseok takes Luhan's snapback off his head, and subsequently Luhan does the same for his beanie. They then blindly toss the headwear near the long-forgotten book. Minseok tangles his fingers into his boyfriend's blonde hair, softly tugging on them when Luhan suddenly bites on his skin. Luhan shifts to his jawline, planting kisses on every inch of it and lingering there for a while before he finally captures Minseok's lips with his own. Luhan cups his cheeks for stability when he decides to go rough. He inserts his tongue into Minseok's cavern, to which Minseok wheezes at the short notice. It ventures Minseok's entire mouth—top to bottom—causing Minseok's tongue to twirl about his as he does so.

When Luhan pulls away, a string of their mixed saliva followed his mouth and they smile in amusement at the sight of it, not even a slight embarrassment from each other's eyes because it has happened way too many times for them to feel uncomfortable. Luhan kisses Minseok's nose lovingly, after which Minseok nuzzles it and causes Luhan to chuckle. Luhan leaves a quick peck on Minseok's lips once again before settling right beside Minseok in a lying position. A gust of wind hits them and the hammock, and automatically they pull each other into a warm embrace. They're in a position such that Minseok's head is tucked right underneath Luhan's chin, their bodies stuck so close together it's a wonder how they're still able to breathe. Their legs are lapped over one another in a messy style, not that Minseok bothers. Minseok closes his eyes and brings himself ever closer to the boy.

"I love you, Baozi," Luhan claims in an endearing tone. "I love me too," Minseok playfully replies, to which he earns a tight grasp of his body by Luhan's strong arms, as if it's a 'punishment'. It's not tormenting if the receiver likes it, Minseok thinks. Nevertheless, he decides to play along with a tiny yelp, followed by "I love my manly deer, too." Luhan smiles into Minseok's fragrant apple-scented hair at his words. They remain in that cuddly position, accompanied by the lazy oscillation of the hammock and the distant hums of the spring wind.

Now everything is absolutely perfect.