two ; day 0

Elusive

Day 0

Minseok didn’t like it in there.

Why should he? Everyone was nuts in there. Minseok shouldn’t be locked up with them. He knows he isn’t crazy. This was worse than death, he sighed.

After arriving at the institution, he was assigned to a room on the third floor, sharing it with a boy not very much younger than him. They slept on opposite sides of the room with an obvious marking on the floor to separate the two patients.

 

“Minseok, this will be your roommate for your stay here ­–– hopefully not temporarily if you co-operate with us”

 

When Minseok entered the room, the boy was muttering to himself while staring intently into a cup. He looked up; eyes filled with fear but strangely, a slight glint.

 

“The tea leaves are telling me that it’ll rain later. And trouble is starting to brew...”

 


Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, the bell chimed 14 times, indicating its two in the afternoon already.


Minseok has just finished unpacking his stuff and hanging his clothes up, which only consists of his sweaters and sweatpants as clothes with strings, buckles, and zips weren’t allowed in case he decides to do something funny again.

 

The boy opposite him spoke nothing more since the encounter just now. Minseok likes it like that, quiet and peaceful. Maybe a little human presence can do him some good. As Minseok sat up in his bed, he swore that he’d keep his sanity and leave this place as soon as he can.

He carefully eyed the other boy who was now pushing biscuit crumbs around on his nightstand while mumbling to himself.

 

“Oh Sehun, incase you were wondering. I can see you staring, you k..know. I may be a little loco b..but I’m not blind. Actually, scratch t..that. There’s nothing wrong with me… I..I.. don’t even know why I’m here” twitch  ”I just came in a week before you did and you h..honestly have no idea how glad I am. I’ve been in this room alone and none of t..the nurses would listen to my theories!” twitch “But I swear! They are all g..going to come true! This morning, my cereal told m..me that something life-changing will soon happen. And then you w..walked in the main gate!” twitch “I can tell we’re going to b..be good friends already”

 

Minseok just stared at the boy, Sehun, without actually saying a thing. Its been so long since he interacted with real human beings that he’s pretty sure his voice box has turned rusty. Minseok just gave Sehun a small nod and smiled. Those smile where the eyes don’t crinkle, and the muscles tenses up instead of feeling free and happy.

 

That’s the problem.

 

Minseok doesn’t know what happiness is anymore.

 

 

 

 

It was dinnertime when Minseok caught his second glimpse of the familiar stranger. He was sitting alone at the end of the small cafeteria with his food barely touched.

 

Minseok’s breath hitched when they made eye contact. As if every single ounce of oxygen contained in his small little frame was stolen with that one look. His lungs begged for air, and heart pounded against his chest rapidly.

 

If there was a survival book written for life, falling for someone you just met in a mental hospital would surely be a huge no-no.

 

Minseok closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before snapping back into reality. The stranger was no where to be seen anymore. Minseok’s eyes scanned the entire cafeteria in search of the man. He walked over to touched the metal seat – cold. Not a single sign of the man anywhere.

 

Just then, the thunder outside boomed and rain poured down with such strength that Minseok’s sure half of the plants in the mini-garden wouldn’t survive the night.Nurses were running around the now chaotic place, trying to calm all the patients down. He saw Sehun hiding under the table, trembling but unmistakable smirk plastered on his pale porcelain face. Screams and wails broke out everywhere.

 

Maybe Sehun was right. Maybe, something life-changing was about to happen.
 

 

And Minseok knows, his stranger would definitely play a big part in this.

 


A/N : Just a short update due to my exams still going on. Its currently 2.22am and I’m too tired to proof read this I’m sorry. I’ll go through it again in the morning when I’m a little freer. Thank you to those who subscribed to my story it really means a lot to me and I hope you’ll like this update